V35 Gear Lights Flickering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
zazaboeing
Senior Airman

V35 Gear Lights Flickering

Post by zazaboeing »

Hi all!

My P3dv4 Bonanza gear indicator lights (nose and transit) are flickering all the time, with the gear up. Any ideas?

Just the regular Bonanza with dual RXP GTN setup.

Thanks in advance,

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: V35 Gear Lights Flickering

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I sometimes have this happening on the PA250 comanche on the nose wheel only , and usually a recycle of gear up/dn fixies it , did you try a recycle of the gear , also is anything showing in the hangar as worn on the gear.
Also try a check of the gear while on jacks .
regards alan. 8)
I use FSXA and controls go through FSUIPC.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rafael,

Hmm - haven't seen this one before I must admit. As well as Alan's suggestions, have you got any other add-ons running which may be involved?

Thanks,
Nick

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

I wonder if you perhaps have a noisy hardware button or switch that you've assigned for gear operation. I would suggest unbinding your current gear operation assignment from whatever hardware axis you're using and revert back to pressing the G key on your keyboard. See if the flickering stops and if so, simply re-assign gear operation to another button or switch.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Ok guys,

Will try all sugestions and report back!

Thanks

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Hello!

After some extensive troubleshooting, I’ve discovered this happens when starting P3D with the default Baron, then choosing the Bonanza.

If I choose the Bonanza from the Startup Screen and then proceed to fly, it doesn’t happen. It’s been done with or without Chaseplane and GTN as GPS option.

Does this happen to you guys?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Rafael,

Afraid I'm not able to reproduce this, even after switching from the default Baron. Which aircraft currently loads with your default P3Dv4 scenario?

Thanks,
Nick

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Rafael,

Afraid I'm not able to reproduce this, even after switching from the default Baron. Which aircraft currently loads with your default P3Dv4 scenario?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

As said before, the default Baron.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Rafael.

The only thing I can think of at present is to revert your P3Dv4 start-up scenario to the original default and see if that helps matters at all.

Regards,
Nick

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Hello Nick!

I've reverted to the default flight startup scenario, and again, if choosing the Bonanza from an already started scenario, the gear ind. lights still flicker.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Have a default scenario with default f22 and airport on when entering the first scenario screen. Don't load that flight yet. Now you can choose the plane and airport. Then load the flight you just created this way.

Those features like scenario changing or loading/saving are broken features for anything but default planes, don't use them with addons, its much safer that way. Also don't load a plane over another plane if any of those was an addon. Restart the sim if you want to change the plane. You can load default planes on top of each other in a loaded session or in the scenario screen but not with addons.

Addons do not adhere to the one and only startup config with default modules/systems on or off in correct sequence that defaults use, they have their own modules, as well as specific default ones. Thats why such a reload can turn off or on things in the background that will disrupt the addon systems. Complex addons are most of the time made to adhere to one situation at the start of the sim, if you disrupt it, it may happen that you now have both default and addon battery modules loaded or something similar from the earlier scenario or a session, they need to be babied that way.

It would be great if A2A made a loading feature that loads or unloads everything in correct sequence at the start of the scenario, but even pmdg or fsl ones can be broken in a similar way, especially if you load different addon planes on top of eachother...probably becouse those loaders don't know what to look for if non standard modules were loaded previously.

Maybe if a complete purge of all gauges and modules would be performed when loading planes would happen..then the plane could load only those it needs. :mrgreen: could this disrupt scenery though ?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Afraid we still haven't been able to reproduce this one Rafael. Can you think of anything else specific to your setup that may be involved? If not, would it be possible for you to capture any video of the issue?

Thanks,
Nick

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Nick - A2A wrote:Afraid we still haven't been able to reproduce this one Rafael. Can you think of anything else specific to your setup that may be involved? If not, would it be possible for you to capture any video of the issue?

Thanks,
Nick
I’ll make a vdeo of that as soon as I get home. That will take some days though. No specific things on my setup at all, basically vanilla P3d.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”