Reality XP GTN 750 No Glidepath Capture

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Clorix
Airman

Reality XP GTN 750 No Glidepath Capture

Post by Clorix »

I created a similar topic soon after the Bonanza was released asking why the GS/GP created by the GPS wasn't being captured by the autopilot, and it got added in a patch, so thanks for that!

This time, though, I've since upgraded from the Flight1 GTNs to the Reality XP GTN 750, which works much more smoothly for me, and has some nice additional features not found in the Flight1 version.

I've completed a few flights since installing the RXP GTN into the Bonanza, and have never been able to get the autopilot to capture vertically to the GTN's generated glidepath. The first couple flights were fine as those used the ILS, which worked great. The next couple flights I tried RNAV approaches, both of which were either LNAV+V or LNAV+VNAV, I can't remember which. Either way, the autopilot never captured the glidepath. I thought maybe it was because it wasn't an LPV type approach, so I just completed a flight where I tried an LPV approach. Same thing. It never captured the glidepath even though it definitely should have.

I've made sure I'm running the latest version of the Bonanza as it finds no updates available. And I have the option enabled in the GTN config window to "Connect GTN to Autopilot" (or something like that).

Like I said, I know it works with the F1 GTN, but the autopilot doesn't seem to capture any glidepaths generated by the RXP GTN, except when using ILS.

Any help?

Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Reality XP GTN 750 No Glidepath Capture

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Clorix,

In the RXP settings, is "connect GPS to VOR indicator" enabled? This setting will need to be ticked to enable glideslope capture during LPV/LNAV+V approaches.

Thanks,
Nick

Clorix
Airman

Post by Clorix »

It is not enabled in fact. I will have to check that out, thanks! I disabled it as it caused the NAV1 selection on the DME display to show GPS info instead of info of the tuned station.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Clorix wrote:(...) I disabled it as it caused the NAV1 selection on the DME display to show GPS info instead of info of the tuned station.
Okay, thanks for the info. I hadn't noticed this, but will check it out when I'm next back home.

Nick

Clorix
Airman

Post by Clorix »

Yep, that was the issue. Problem solved! The DME display doesn't bother me all that much personally, but I can see it being an issue at some point down the road when I least expect it.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, good stuff. :) We'll take a look into the DME issue you reported and see if we can reproduce it and whether a fix can be arranged, either from our end or via RXP.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”