BonanzaV35log.dat and v2_BonanzaV35log.dat?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gulredrel
Master Sergeant

BonanzaV35log.dat and v2_BonanzaV35log.dat?

Post by gulredrel »

Hello,

I'm a bit confused, within the other A2A planes, you can find the planes-dat file. By re-naming or moving them I can use a dat-file per repaint.

Within the C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35 directory, I find the following files
BonanzaV35log.dat
and
v2_BonanzaV35log.dat
and I'm quite sure I didn't changed their names.
What's the purpose of he v2 file? I once had a used version with the smaller engine and then changed to a new plane with the bigger engine, maybe it has something to do with it?

Thanks
Jens
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: BonanzaV35log.dat and v2_BonanzaV35log.dat?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Jens,

The "v2_" prefix for the log.dat files signifies that they've been created by one of the more recent Accu-Sim DLLs, initially released with the Bonanza.

The fact that you have a file titled just "BonanzaV35log.dat" may indicate your Accu-Sim DLL has been overwritten with an older copy at some stage, perhaps if you (re)installed one of the older FSX aircraft after installing the Bonanza? However, it's quite normal to have a "BonanzaV35log.dat.f" file: this file records persistent radio frequencies.

Please can you let me know the version number of your "A2A_Accusim.dll" (in the FSX 'Gauges' directory)?

Thanks,
Nick

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

The file version is 18.9.24.0.

Just experimented a bit by moving the files away and let create new ones from P3D and the Bonanza.

I now have:
BonanzaV35log.dat.f
dme
v2_BonanzaV35log.dat
and a couple of backups.

I think I forgot to copy/write the .f in my first post (maybe windows F2 and copy thing, which leaves the file ending unmarked).
Everything works correct if I save the above mentioned files to a different location per repaint and changing them back.

One question regarding frequencies.
Could you please check if the ADF frequency is stored? Mine seems to reset to 274 even if I set it to 374 and save the flight. COM and NAV frequency settings are saved correctly as I leave them.

Thanks
Jens

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Jens,
gulredrel wrote:The file version is 18.9.24.0.
gulredrel wrote:I think I forgot to copy/write the .f in my first post (maybe windows F2 and copy thing, which leaves the file ending unmarked).
Okay, that would explain it. The Accu-Sim file version you mention above is indeed correct so sounds like everything is good with your installation. :)
gulredrel wrote:One question regarding frequencies.
Could you please check if the ADF frequency is stored? Mine seems to reset to 274 even if I set it to 374 and save the flight. COM and NAV frequency settings are saved correctly as I leave them.
To be honest, I'm not sure if the ADF frequencies not being saved independently of the saved flight is by design. I'll check this with Michal Krawczyk.

Nick

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Thanks, waiting for feedback.
I usually fly without GPS so rely on the "old" navaids.

Daveo
Airman

Post by Daveo »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Jens,

The "v2_" prefix for the log.dat files signifies that they've been created by one of the more recent Accu-Sim DLLs, initially released with the Bonanza.

The fact that you have a file titled just "BonanzaV35log.dat" may indicate your Accu-Sim DLL has been overwritten with an older copy at some stage, perhaps if you (re)installed one of the older FSX aircraft after installing the Bonanza? However, it's quite normal to have a "BonanzaV35log.dat.f" file: this file records persistent radio frequencies.

Please can you let me know the version number of your "A2A_Accusim.dll" (in the FSX 'Gauges' directory)?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Just to confirm with the latest versions (New installers), the v2_ prefixed dat file is the one to use now with Gypsy Barons state switch batch file changing the file copy names from BonanzaV35log.dat to v2_BonanzaV35log.dat ?

***UPDATE***

Confirmed that works.
Be sure to back up your original V1 *.dat file and if adding a new aircraft delete this or your old hours will be carried over and written to the new V2 *.dat file on startup.
Dave Opper
ESSB - Stockholm, Sweden
Support Manager
HiFi Support Team

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dave,

Yes, the v2_ prefixed files are the new standard for the latest version of the Accu-Sim module. I haven't tried Paul's batch file, but I assume it works in the same way with the new files, provided it's told the new file names to use.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”