Reality XP Dual GTN 750 and 650 - Stacking and Audio Panel

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
szln6z
Airman

Reality XP Dual GTN 750 and 650 - Stacking and Audio Panel

Post by szln6z »

Hi
A couple things on RXP Dual GTNs.
1. Can we get the 750 to stack on top of the 650? Doesn’t seem correct to have the 650 on top.
2. 750 has a built in audio panel. Can we get an option to remove the default audio panel when using the 750?
Thank you!
James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Reality XP Dual GTN 750 and 650 - Stacking and Audio Pan

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi James,
szln6z wrote:1. Can we get the 750 to stack on top of the 650? Doesn’t seem correct to have the 650 on top.
We do plan to address this with a future update which will place the larger GTN 750 (or GNS 530) units in the upper NAV/COM1 position when a 'both' configuration is selected.
szln6z wrote:2. 750 has a built in audio panel. Can we get an option to remove the default audio panel when using the 750?
Not sure that would be so popular: some audio panel functions actually require more mouse clicks when accessed via the GTN 750 when compared to the default KMA 24 audio panel.

Thanks,
Nick

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

The Audio Panel on the GTN is not designed to replace a standard Audio Panel. In fact, the GTN doesn't support AUX or bluetooth audio, things that are pretty big for new installations and most upgrades. However, it interfaces seamlessly with almost every available audio panel on the market right now and most older panels which means that for many setups, you can control the audio from either the Audio Panel *OR* the GTN, whichever is more convenient at the moment.

szln6z
Airman

Post by szln6z »

Yeah, let me clarify my audio panel question. When I try to use the GTN audio panel to monitor the other radio, the A2A audi panel acts as a master and won’t let me monitor. The only way I can monitor the other radio is by using the A2A audio panel.
If this is normal function, so be it. It’s definitely not a showstopper.
Also, to be honest, I’m kinda getting used to the 650 being on top. That’s not a showstopper either!
Thanks
James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”