Denied access to install Reality X 430/530

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Archive88
Airman First Class

Re: Denied access to install Reality X 430/530

Post by Archive88 »

Nick/Lewis/Alan:
All solved. Now have my old familiar GPS unit from the Comanche - maybe out of date like me, but an old friend. Thanks.
Tool Tips: Yep, DX10 Preview was checked and when unchecked, TT came back. And when the monitor was reset to 1920x1080, everything was fine. Dunno if that means that DX10 is not good to run, or if it is running safely in the background somewhere unseen. As I recall, upgrades to A2A aircraft seem to end with a check for latest Direct X settings in any case, so I will do nothing at the present since things are working fine.
So we can close this thread. Problems solved.
Many thanks. -=dcp=-=

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff and happy flying in the virtual skies 8)

Dx10 is only really usable in FSX if using the Dx10 fixer which makes it a bit of a must have imo, as it can add some nice eye candy to the sim. You do need to run the effect converter etc after each new aircraft install, but thats all in the dx10 fixer manual from memory.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yep, the "DX10 Preview" option in FSX was just that really dcp - an unfinished feature to take advantage of new hardware. As Lewis says, the payware DX10 scenery fixer is definitely the best bet if you plan to run FSX using DX10 mode as it'll eliminate most of the bugs and add quite a few new features. However, last time I used it, tool tips were still absent with DX10 so this is one bug it didn't fix.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”