Update and RXP

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Orlaam
Senior Airman

Update and RXP

Post by Orlaam »

Now the RXP GTN no longer functions in the sim. The whole unit has reverted to re-install state and the click spots are not working, at all. Plus, why do I have to reprogram all my camera settings each time an update comes out? It's getting very frustrating to lose my viewpoints as well as third party product integration.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Update and RXP

Post by Oracle427 »

I believe there is a warning when the update is run to back up your aircraft cfg file so that you can re-apply the customizations after the updates. This is the nature of the sim engine unfortunately.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Chris,

We're looking into a possible issue with the RXP single GTN 750 installation in FSX. Is this the configuration you're using?

As for third-party camera definitions, can you give us any more info on which software you're using? The latest update did include a correction to the ATC_ID if I recall correctly, and it's possible this field is used by software such as EZdok or ChasePlane.

Thanks,
Nick

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

Yes, RXP GTN 750. I have the F1 version, but I didn't want to use it. I managed to fix it late last night by running the RXP configuration tool. That allowed me to actually click the screen, then I had to reselect the options for TAWS and other fields. My camera is EZCA (Ezdok), the first version. If I knew where that parameter was located, I'd save those camera settings. I never have to reprogram my camera on other aircraft, so it's weird.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Chris,

We're continuing to look into this one, and I've been able to reproduce the issue with lack of VC touchscreen functionality for the single RXP GTN 750 in FSX-SE. However, the touchscreen seems to work fine on the 2-D popup.

Is this consistent with what you experienced?

Nick

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hello Nick,
Nick - A2A wrote: We're continuing to look into this one, and I've been able to reproduce the issue with lack of VC touchscreen functionality for the single RXP GTN 750 in FSX-SE. However, the touchscreen seems to work fine on the 2-D popup.

Is this consistent with what you experienced?
This is at least what i've experienced since the update (VC does not work, 2D does work).

Marcel

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Marcel. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”