CTD everytime and only during final approach...

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

CTD everytime and only during final approach...

Post by DrumsArt »

Big CTD problem only during the final approach (+-8nm) with the Bonanza at any airport (ORBX or not).

What I did and found:
Numerous tests with Comanche + F1GTN750 and not A2A aicraft (Realair) = no CTD
The Bonanza problem occurs in P3Dv4.3 and P3Dv4.4
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Bonanza did not change the problem.
Flights with F1GTN750 or generic GPS=CTD
Each time the CTD has the NTDLL as its cause.

Ex:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24308, time stamp: 0x5be8601e
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x000000000008b2ad
Faulting process id: 0xee8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4947a166abfb2
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 2f3dc1d5-0076-11e9-b92e-240a640748f4

If I reload a previously saved flight during the approach, I can sometimes land but not all the time (CTD again).
I can fly for hours without any problem, everything is fine except the final approach!
This problem is becoming very frustrating.
My config is in my signature

Thanks and Regards,
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: CTD everytime and only during final approach...

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the info, but please can you give us a few details about the sort of approaches you're flying.

For example, are you flying a visual approach, using the ILS, or is it some form of GPS approach? Also, are you using the autopilot when this happens?

Thanks,
Nick

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Richard,

Thanks for the info, but please can you give us a few details about the sort of approaches you're flying.

For example, are you flying a visual approach, using the ILS, or is it some form of GPS approach? Also, are you using the autopilot when this happens?

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks Nick for your interest.

The type of approach, as far as I know, seems to have no relationship to the problem. I usually do my approaches manually. Sometimes the beginning of an approach can be with auto pilot but each time the final approach is manual.

On the other hand, at each CTD the landing gear is lowered and the flaps are at least 10% or full down. But important the CTD does not intervene during the landing gear or flaps descent, it intervenes after during the final approach (in approach configuration). What else but the landing lights are on.

Richard

EDIT:

I continued the tests....
Fly without TrackIr and without AS for 3Dv4.
Rename my Fsuipc.ini just in case (I don't use Fsuipc with Bonanza)
Deleted the Shaders folder, deleted the Prepar3D.cfg
Nothing has changed, still the same CTD problem.

After these tests it seems that the CTD intervenes when the propeller control is set to 100% during the final approach, I can reproduce it every time and this whatever the means used to push the control, manual or via an axis control.
On ground I can move the control several times from 0 to 100% with no CTD!

Another thing I would like to point out about cowl flap. If I close it and click anywhere on the screen (including far from the lever) within +-3 seconds, the cowl flap reopens 100% by itself!
I don't know if this "feature" is correlated or not to the initial problem but...

Additional research:
In my configuration I have 3 A2A_Accusim.dll files...

A2A_Accusim.dll v1.0.0.0.0 in C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\56F2638F19492244AB72AD5AEF2757BD\18.4.22

A2A_Accusim.dll v18.9.13.1 in D:\FSX\Gauges (In Fsx I have all A2A aircraft except the Bonanza)

A2A_Accusim.dll v18.9.24.0 in E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges (In P3Dv4.4 I have Bonanza, Comanche, Cherokee, T6, Spit and L049)

Thanks for your help.
Richard
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the added info Richard.
DrumsArt wrote:After these tests it seems that the CTD intervenes when the propeller control is set to 100% during the final approach, I can reproduce it every time and this whatever the means used to push the control, manual or via an axis control.
That's an interesting finding. Could you try moving the FSUIPC.DLL into a temporary folder elsewhere instead of just renaming the .ini file.

NTDLL crashes seem to be reported quite frequently across both FSX and P3D judging by posts on various forums, so it may be worth you following some of the generic troubleshooting steps on the internet. For example, the Avsim CTD guide would be a good place to start and it has a specific section on NTDLL crashes.
DrumsArt wrote:Another thing I would like to point out about cowl flap. If I close it and click anywhere on the screen (including far from the lever) within +-3 seconds, the cowl flap reopens 100% by itself!
I don't know if this "feature" is correlated or not to the initial problem but...
Probably not if you had the same CTD issue in P3D v4.3, but P3D v4.4 does seem to have slightly changed the way in which click-spots work. Thanks for the bug report - we'll look into the click-spot issue.

Thanks,
Nick

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Nick - A2A wrote:Thanks for the added info Richard.
DrumsArt wrote:After these tests it seems that the CTD intervenes when the propeller control is set to 100% during the final approach, I can reproduce it every time and this whatever the means used to push the control, manual or via an axis control.
That's an interesting finding. Could you try moving the FSUIPC.DLL into a temporary folder elsewhere instead of just renaming the .ini file.

NTDLL crashes seem to be reported quite frequently across both FSX and P3D judging by posts on various forums, so it may be worth you following some of the generic troubleshooting steps on the internet. For example, the Avsim CTD guide would be a good place to start and it has a specific section on NTDLL crashes.
DrumsArt wrote:Another thing I would like to point out about cowl flap. If I close it and click anywhere on the screen (including far from the lever) within +-3 seconds, the cowl flap reopens 100% by itself!
Probably not if you had the same CTD issue in P3D v4.3, but P3D v4.4 does seem to have slightly changed the way in which click-spots work. Thanks for the bug report - we'll look into the click-spot issue.

Thanks,
Nick
Good catch Nick! Moved Fsuipc.dll. That did the trick!

So, now what's next? Some question:

1-Is it an on my side problem, Fsuipc or Bonanza issue? This problem only occurs with the Bonanza (as far as I could judge at the time)

2-Am I the only one in the world using P3Dv4 + Fsuipc (payware version) + A2A Bonanza? Or people do not take care to set the propeller level to 100% during the approach (in this case, of course no issue)?

Fsuipc.dll v5.1.5.0
Fsuipc.ini
[General]
UpdatedByVersion=5150
History=LG1VYPEXKMYO0DTFWZTEN
InitDelayDevicesToo=No
PMDG737offsets=Auto
PMDG747offsets=Auto
PMDG777offsets=Auto
Annotate=Yes
UseSystemTime=No
UseMidMouseBtn=Yes
MouseWheelMove=No
MouseWheelTrim=No
MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1
JoystickTimeout=20
RestoreSimcWindows=No
FixMachSpeedBug=No
AutoScanDevices=Yes
DisconnTrimForAP=No
ZeroElevForAPAlt=No
ThrottleSyncAll=No
WhiteMessages=No
ShowPMcontrols=No
SpoilerIncrement=512
MagicBattery=No
RudderSpikeRemoval=No
ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No
AileronSpikeRemoval=No
ReversedElevatorTrim=No
ClockSync=No
ClockSyncMins=5
ClearWeatherDynamics=No
TimeForSelect=4
LoadFlightMenu=No
LoadPlanMenu=No
PauseAfterCrash=No
BrakeReleaseThreshold=75
SaveDataWithFlights=No
ZapSound=firework
ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring
UseProfiles=Yes
EnableMouseLook=No
DelayedMouseLookZoom=No
WideLuaGlobals=Yes
AxesWrongRange=No
TCASid=Flight
TCASrange=40,3
AxisCalibration=No
DirectAxesToCalibs=No
ShowMultilineWindow=Yes
SuppressSingleline=No
SuppressMultilineFS=No
AxisIntercepts=No
DontResetAxes=No
ThreadAffinityMask=x0
LuaAffinityMask=x0
InitDelay=0
GetNearestAirports=Yes
LogOptionProtect=Yes
TimeForLuaClosing=2
WeatherReadFactor=2
WeatherRewriteSeconds=1
TrafficStallTime=1
InitialStallTime=10
NormalStallTime=1
LuaRerunDelay=66
Console=No
ComReadLoopTime=20
FSVersionUsed="Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4",4.4.16.27077
SimConnectUsed=4.4.0.0

[Traffic Limiter]
AirportPreference=50
PlannedAirportsPreference=50
GroundPreference=50
NearerPreference=50
TargetFrameRate=0
TrafficLimit=0

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
0.GUID={14311C80-FCF8-11E5-8001-444553540000}
1=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
1.GUID={13CE9E00-595F-11E3-8001-444553540000}
3=Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
3.GUID={14311C80-FCF8-11E5-8002-444553540000}
4=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
4.GUID={A48ECF20-595D-11E3-8001-444553540000}

[JoystickCalibration]
RudderBlendLowest=1

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10

[MacroFiles]
1=MilViz T38A

[LuaFiles]
1=Aerosoft_F14AB
2=ipcReady
3=linda
4=SLX_G1000

[Buttons]
PollInterval=25
ButtonRepeat=20,10
1=P0,2,K222,10 -{Key press: ctl+#~key}-
2=U0,2,K123,8 -{Key press: F12}-
3=P0,3,K20,8 -{Key press: Capl}-

[AutoSave]
Next=1
Interval=300
Files=2
SaveOnGround=No
AutoSaveEnabled=Yes
1=Sun 160836
2=Mon 012525

[GPSout]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=COM0
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
SimModeIndicator=No
Sentences=

[GPSout2]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=<none set>
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
SimModeIndicator=No
Sentences=

[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=Yes

[Sounds]
Path=E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=Haut-parleurs (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device3=Casque (3- Logitech G930 Headset)
Device4=Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device5=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

[Window.Message Window]
NewDocked=15, 35, 1890, 17

[Window.SimConnect Message Window]
NewDocked=117, 70, 1686, 51

[Window.SimConnectWindow]
NewDocked=608, 364, 703, 352

Thank you and Regards,
Richard
Last edited by DrumsArt on 18 Dec 2018, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Portier

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Richard.

Eliminating FSUIPC entirely is often a good trick, but I actually use FSUIPC5 with the Bonanza in P3D v4.4 with no issues. I have simple hardware (Thrustmaster Stick and Pedals) so it's not directly comparable, but it should certainly work.

Do you normally have a hardware axis assigned to the prop lever in FSUIPC?

If so, maybe you could experiment with some different axis assignment options in FSUIPC. For example, try using the "send direct to FSUIPC calibration" option and/or double check for any conflicts with P3D itself.

Thanks,
Nick

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Nick - A2A wrote:Thanks for the update Richard.

Eliminating FSUIPC entirely is often a good trick, but I actually use FSUIPC5 with the Bonanza in P3D v4.4 with no issues. I have simple hardware (Thrustmaster Stick and Pedals) so it's not directly comparable, but it should certainly work.

Do you normally have a hardware axis assigned to the prop lever in FSUIPC?

If so, maybe you could experiment with some different axis assignment options in FSUIPC. For example, try using the "send direct to FSUIPC calibration" option and/or double check for any conflicts with P3D itself.

Thanks,
Nick
I have and had not any harware axis assigned in Fsuipc, never...
Richard
Richard Portier

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Probably worth having a closer look at how these axes are set up in that case. For example do you use standalone software to set up these axes, or just the control options in P3D itself?

Thanks,
Nick

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Nick - A2A wrote:Probably worth having a closer look at how these axes are set up in that case. For example do you use standalone software to set up these axes, or just the control options in P3D itself?

Thanks,
Nick
I use just the control options in P3D, I take care not to have duplicates axis from one joy to another (ex: the same axis assigned on the Warthog and the Saitek ProFlight quadrant).
Richard Portier

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Richard. Maybe it would be worth trying to set up your axes in FSUIPC? If you own a registered copy of the software anyway, it offers more powerful and flexible handling of axes when compared to the basic sim UI.

Nick

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, thanks Richard. Maybe it would be worth trying to set up your axes in FSUIPC? If you own a registered copy of the software anyway, it offers more powerful and flexible handling of axes when compared to the basic sim UI.

Nick
I tried, but CTD again.

One thing can be important I didn't specify (sorry I don't know how to make a video). The CTD intervenes exactly at the moment when the tachometer needle passes the 2600 rpm (before 2700). In short, it would not be the axe that would be the direct cause, but the increase in engine speed.

I mean, it doesn't seem like it's pushing the axis 100%. The proof is that without "propeller axis" programmed, the CTD also intervenes by pushing the lever with the mouse.

Question: Is there a possibility that there may be a sound conflict or something when the needle passes the 2600rpm? If so, where can I look for a possible file that I could move temporarily to do tests? Is there a particular sound that occurs during the final phase of the flight (wind or something else)? I remind you that on the ground there is no problem, I can push and pull the propeller 10 times during the runup without any problem with FSUIPC or not!

Again, forgive me for insisting, I have tried again with the Comanche, the T6 and other non-A2A aircrafts. I have never encountered this type of problem with any aircraft, ga or tube liner (FsLabs, Aerosoft, Pmdg and so....).
Thanks,
Richard
Richard Portier

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

DrumsArt wrote:Question: Is there a possibility that there may be a sound conflict or something when the needle passes the 2600rpm? If so, where can I look for a possible file that I could move temporarily to do tests?
Hi Richard,

If you wish to prevent the Accu-Sim cockpit sounds from playing, you could try temporarily moving the following file...
  • Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Bonanza35\Sounds.pk
...And see if it makes any difference. This is certainly an unusual issue you're encountering and I hope we can get to the bottom of. I'll pass on the information about the 2600 rpm 'trigger point' and see if it gives any clue.

Thanks,
Nick

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Nick - A2A wrote:
DrumsArt wrote:Question: Is there a possibility that there may be a sound conflict or something when the needle passes the 2600rpm? If so, where can I look for a possible file that I could move temporarily to do tests?
Hi Richard,

If you wish to prevent the Accu-Sim cockpit sounds from playing, you could try temporarily moving the following file...
  • Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Bonanza35\Sounds.pk
...And see if it makes any difference. This is certainly an unusual issue you're encountering and I hope we can get to the bottom of. I'll pass on the information about the 2600 rpm 'trigger point' and see if it gives any clue.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Sorry for the delay, I was pretty busy.
I think I found out what the problem was. It had something to do with sound, but it's on my side...

In the Device Manager I had disabled Bluetooth Audio and High Definition Audio Device keeping only Logitech G930 Headset and Realtek High Definition Audio wrongly thinking that I didn't need High Definition Audio Device. I reactivated it and (cross fingers) the problem disappeared. 8)

Happy New Year's Eve
Regards,
Richard
Richard Portier

Zylynsto
Airman Basic

Post by Zylynsto »

DrumsArt wrote:Big CTD problem only during the final approach (+-8nm) with the Bonanza at any airport (ORBX or not).

What I did and found:
Numerous tests with Comanche + F1GTN750 and not A2A aicraft (Realair) = no CTD
The Bonanza problem occurs in P3Dv4.3 and P3Dv4.4
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Bonanza did not change the problem.
Flights with F1GTN750 or generic GPS=CTD
Each time the CTD has the NTDLL as its cause.

Ex:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24308, time stamp: 0x5be8601e
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x000000000008b2ad
Faulting process id: 0xee8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4947a166abfb2
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 2f3dc1d5-0076-11e9-b92e-240a640748f4

If I reload a previously saved flight during the approach, I can sometimes land but not all the time (CTD again).
I can fly for hours without any problem, everything is fine except the final approach!
This problem is becoming very frustrating.
My config is in my signature

Thanks and Regards,
I have the same issue.!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Did you try the solution in this thread, it was a sound issue on the system.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”