LEFT MOUSE CLICK CHANGES PROP RPM

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
capa
Airman Basic

LEFT MOUSE CLICK CHANGES PROP RPM

Post by capa »

Ever since I have used the Bonanza, a few days, When I left click anywhere in the cockpit (providing its not on a movable switch etc as a hand), the propeller control lever changes and so does the RPM.? Very annoying if I miss a clickpoint it affects the prop RPM. Otherwise no problems, great plane.

Have mapped the prop control --- since the problem-- -to a rotary on my stick which does work well, but doesnt solve the problem.

I always load a simple aircraft first.

Flightsimmed for many years, never saw this one before.

windows 10. p3d v 4.4. ORBX scenery . FPS locked to 32.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: LEFT MOUSE CLICK CHANGES PROP RPM

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello capa,

Unfortunately, it seems that Lockheed Martin have made a change to the virtual cockpit click spot functionality with version 4.4 of Prepar3D. This has resulted in the effect you describe: click and drag actions will occasionally have an effect on the last control you manipulated, even if the mouse cursor isn't still over the click spot in question.

The issue has been raised with LM, so with any luck it may be addressed.

In the meantime, one workaround would be to always use the mouse to click another cockpit control after you've used it to drag the prop lever. Another would be to right click on the prop lever after you've finished moving it. However, as you say, it's probably more convenient to simply control prop and mixture levers with hardware or keyboard commands rather than using the mouse.

Thanks,
Nick

capa
Airman Basic

Post by capa »

Thank you for prompt reply. At least I know it’s a quirk of the sim. Doesn’t happen with other planes I have though?

Cheers
John

Raller
Airman First Class

Post by Raller »

Hello,

i have never noticed that before and tried it right away!

It effects the Throttle-, Propeller-, Cowl Flap-Levers and even the Fuel Tank selektor BUT not the Mixture-Lever (in my case)!

A little dangerous and good to know :shock:

Happy new year and best wishes from Germany
Raller
MSFS2020 Boxed Version (German) | Win 10 Pro | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | RTX 2070 8GB | SSD | T.16000M

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”