RXP GTN 750-650

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Panagiotis
Airman

RXP GTN 750-650

Post by Panagiotis »

Good morning all and happy new year,

I would like to ask for some help regarding rxp gtn units, i use the combo setup, what i find difficult is how to do ils approaches with vertical guidance , the bonanza autopilot will follow the approach to the runway but it will not engage vertical guidance. Is there any tutorial ? and can somebody explain me how to setup the units correct in their setup menu (shift+right click)

Thank you all in advance.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: RXP GTN 750-650

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Panagiotis,

If you're using GPS guidance from the GTN 750/650 to navigate to the final approach fix of a ILS, the main point to bear in mind is that you'll need need to use the CDI icon on the GTN (visible at the bottom of the screen in map mode) to switch from 'GPS' to 'VLOC' mode for the HSI (and hence the autopilot) to receive guidance from the ILS which is a ground-based installation.

You'll also need to make sure you're approaching a runway which has a valid ILS simulated in whichever sim you're using, and make sure that the frequency of the ILS is tuned into your NAV1 radio which in your case is probably the GTN750 (assuming you've installed the latest Bonanza update). This may sound like an obvious point, but quite a lot of real world ILSs approaches aren't present in the default FSX/P3D database.

Of course, all this assumes that it's a true ILS approach you're trying to follow and not a GPS approach which has vertical guidance such as an LPV approach.

In any case you should make sure that the CDI and glide slope needles are live and deflecting (moving) as expected. Also, when it comes to the autopilot, please make sure that its 'APPR' mode is armed prior to intercepting the ILS.

Given all the possibilities here, probably the best bet is for you to give us a brief summary of the steps you're following at present, ideally with the aid of one or two screenshots, and then we can hopefully work out where the problem lies.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”