Error Loading A2A Aircraft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
KeithR43
Airman Basic

Error Loading A2A Aircraft

Post by KeithR43 »

This morning when starting up FSX with my default A2A Bonanza I incurred an error which stopped the aircraft loading. Using Task Manager (Win7) I found an error file running. When I ended that task FSX loaded with the Bonazna, however, in the maintenance hangar every conceivable part was unserviceable (all in red) and the airframe and engine showing zero hours. Further investigation has shown that all my A2A aircraft have the same unserviceability and zero hours time. I was unsure if it should be in this Forum, I did so as it was the Bonanza I have as the default A/C. Any advice, help etc. would be most appreciated.
KeithR43

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Error Loading A2A Aircraft

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Keith,
KeithR43 wrote:I was unsure if it should be in this Forum, I did so as it was the Bonanza I have as the default A/C. Any advice, help etc. would be most appreciated.
Using the Bonanza as the default aircraft is likely to be the cause of this issue. We always recommend that you keep one of the original aircraft that came with FSX for the default flight. This helps to prevent SimConnect errors when the flight is first initialised, particularly if you're also loading at a complex add-on airport or using other FSX utilities.

Thanks,
Nick

KeithR43
Airman Basic

Post by KeithR43 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Keith,
KeithR43 wrote:I was unsure if it should be in this Forum, I did so as it was the Bonanza I have as the default A/C. Any advice, help etc. would be most appreciated.
Using the Bonanza as the default aircraft is likely to be the cause of this issue. We always recommend that you keep one of the original aircraft that came with FSX for the default flight. This helps to prevent SimConnect errors when the flight is first initialised, particularly if you're also loading at a complex add-on airport or using other FSX utilities.

Thanks,
Nick
Nick
Thanks for the reply. I totally accept what you say, however, running FSX with default aircraft that came with FSX runs fine. It is when I then go to load up an A2A aircraft whether it be the C172, C182, PA28. PA24 or the Bonanaza all of them cannot be loaded as it comes up with the message 'File Cannot be Loaded'. Then when I clear it using task manager all the A2A aircraft load but are unserviceable and have zero hours. Could it be that somehow I have corrupted an A2A file that is not specific to a particular A2A aircraft but is needed to load up any of them?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

as Nick says the issue is running a complex simulation as the default flight can break things. It is not recommended for complex third party simulations including our Accu-sim range. Once this is reverted back to a default aircraft things should load normally for you to the main menu.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

KeithR43 wrote:Could it be that somehow I have corrupted an A2A file that is not specific to a particular A2A aircraft but is needed to load up any of them?
Hi Keith,

This isn't impossible, but it's perhaps more likely that the SimConnect client which allows communication between the Bonanza and FSX is corrupted. Please could let us know which version of FSX you have installed: is it the DVD version or the Steam Edition?

Also, to follow on from the original point, I'd recommend that you delete any custom flight using the Bonanza and revert back to the original FSX default flight for troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Nick

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Keith.
Your original post was dated 15th jan 19 , when you say the sim failed to load , what changed from the last time you flew ok to when everything was broken.
Did any updates take place in win 7 or your antivirus for example.
Also make sure your anti virus is set to ignor anything flightsim related and run the sim as admin , also your default flight should be the trike at friday harbour , only change i made to my FSXA default flight was to change the trike from flying at friday harbour to parked cold/dark at friday harbour , i also remember an update changed the simconnect in FSXA once and i had to reinstall the correct one , cannot remember the update in question though.
regards alan. 8)

KeithR43
Airman Basic

Post by KeithR43 »

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks to you all that replied. I did what you all suggested and cleared out my saved flights with the Bonanza, started up FSX with a default A/C and then loaded up the Bonanza again and it's working fine now. Except... I'm having problems with the GTN750 & 650 not working but that's for another Forum I guess. Once again thanks.
Keith

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Keith,

good to hear. For the GPS issue might be best to just post a new thread detailing the issue so we can get that sorted for you. Just make sure you are running the latest version of your Flight1 GPS etc would be first things to check.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”