Bonanza cockpit sound disappears after beacon turn on

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Master General
Airman Basic

Bonanza cockpit sound disappears after beacon turn on

Post by Master General »

When i'm turning on beacon i don't hear engine in VC. IF i turn it off - I hear engine. P3dV4.3.29 academic - bluetooth headset. All p3d sound output - headset.Don't remember issue without headset. Win10.
https://youtu.be/Nipd345Caeg

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Bonanza cockpit sound disappears after beacon turn on

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

This isn't an issue which has been reported before as far as I'm aware so I suspect it may be related to the specific hardware.

Does the headset come with any bundled software or drivers?

Thanks,
Nick

Master General
Airman Basic

Post by Master General »

No, i've just connected it via bluetooth to my Acer Nitro 5. If it helps - headset Anker Soundcore Space NC. I've checked default F22 and some other planes and I have normal engine sound inside without any problem. After reboot I don't have engine sound in headset at all in Bonanza and normal sound in other plane. No engine sound isuue only in VC. Outside I have normal engine sound. Looks like P3D make some problems with separating audio channels.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the added info. Unfortunately I'm not able to access similar hardware or reproduce this issue, but have you tried making sure your headset is assigned via the "Accusim sound menu" which should be available within P3D's add-ons menu?

If this menu isn't visible, please install the latest Bonanza update.

Nick

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

additionally to that, make sure that your head set is set to the correct channels. if you have a 5.1 headset, it needs to be calibrated as a 5.1 headset in windows, 7.1 and stereo respectively. If you use a stereo headset that is loaded as a 5.1 device the channels might change when you turn on the beacon sound. I say might as I don't know your hard- nor your software.

and as Nick already pointed out, check that the A2A sound menu under addons is set to this headset AND that the P3D sound is set to the headset or at least to the default sound device if it is the default device in windows.

And make sure your sound and bluetooth drivers are up to date. You can use "driver booster" which is free and recommended by the Avsim CTD guide. It can scan for outdated drivers and - if you wish - update them too.

Cheers,
Marc

Master General
Airman Basic

Post by Master General »

Another bluetooth headphones Sony 1000XM3 has same issue. All the sound (including accusim setting are set to bluetooth headset).
When i'm turing on beacon light - engine sound turning off.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Please can you give Marc's suggestions a try if you haven't already done so MG. Presumably you'll have some options to set up the headset via the Windows audio icon in the system tray.

Thanks,
Nick

Master General
Airman Basic

Post by Master General »

Thanks to all answers but this doesn't help. Except drivers(i don't want to kill fresh fine working machine with driver loaders). Yes it can load and work normally, but than you can change weather to rain and ... you don't have engine sound ))) And all this glitches only in bonanza (i don't have other a2a planes).
As I said all sound output, inluding windows tray, p3d menu, a2a accusim menu is set to headset.

But it is not critical issue I just want to tell that here is bug, maybe you can check what is wrong. Today no glitches with sound and bonanza's engine on Sony 1000XM3 sounds great.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

As regards those Sony headphones MG, have you checked that the firmware and other software are updated with the latest versions's on Sony's website?

Thanks,
Nick

Jarek
Senior Airman

Post by Jarek »

I believe this may help you:
https://www.quora.com/How-many-audio-A2 ... oth-device

In this case sound may play on 2 different streams, which is not supported when headset it in the A2DP mode. Does it work with basic speakers with no issues?
If yes, I would look into documentation how to switch A2DP mode to HFP or HSP. In the sound device properties maybe? Or try to use Sony LDAC codec, so more data could fit into this single 64kbit channel...

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”