Stall Warning Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
avduarri
Senior Airman

Stall Warning Issue

Post by avduarri »

I was doing the walkaround and switched all exterior lights ON and pitot tube ON to check all they worked properly. I decided to check at the same time the stall warning and... No stall sound. I switched the exterior lights and pitot tube OFF and then checked the stall warning and it sounded.

After making some checks looks like if you turn some exterior lights ON and then you try to check the stall warning it doesn't sound.

Not a big issue but just to let you know.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Stall Warning Issue

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Avduarri.
Are you in FSXA , because i snagged this in my setup , and found that the lights on but pitot off the stall sounded , but once pitot on as well as lights then the stall sound stopped when checking the vane .
I reported this to nick , but he could not reproduce it on is setup .
regards alan. 8)

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Hi Alan,

I'm using P3dv4.3
In my case is some combo of exterior lights ON what triggers the problem. It's not a killer, but IRL I check the lights and the stall warning at once, and in the sim I have to check them separately.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the post avduarri. Will see if we can reproduce this one and address it in a forthcoming update.

Nick

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I have the A2A Bonanza for P3Dv4.4, and always leave the beacon on, so it comes on when I activate the master switch. Usually the first thing I do in the walk around is turn on the master switch, then the pitot heat, then jump out of the airplane (actually just click the appropriate button by the left wing in the Shift+8 panel) then remove the pitot cover and "feel" the pitot for heat. After getting the big red dot, I move the stall warning tab (with a left click on the spot on the Shift+8 panel) to see if I can hear the stall warning. Nope. OK, I turned the speaker volume all the way up. Still, negative function (great line from Dr. Strangelove!). Only after going back into the cockpit (or using the Shift+3 panel) and turning off the beacon and the pitot heat can I hear the stall warning when I wiggle the stall warning tab.

This is a very small deal, but it's there, so I thought I'd pass it on.

Thank you
ATB

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”