Bonanza brakes working only the first time

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Ruben8737
Airman Basic

Bonanza brakes working only the first time

Post by Ruben8737 »

Hey there!

First of all, thank you for your help :)

I just bought the Bonanza yesterday, and flew it a couple of minutes just to test. No problems, everything went ok. The problem started today, when I opened P3DV4.4 (Fsuipc installed, needless to say is all original and licensed), and loaded the bonanza, I set the airplane for a cold and dark start, and as soon as I start the engine (parking brake set) the airplane moves like no brake were applied. No parking brake, no toe brake working.

I have already uninstalled the airplane (maybe I didn't perform a correct clean install...) and installed again, getting the brakes to work only the first time. I also checked more than once that the fsuipc and p3d controls are not in conflict.
I need some orientation about what to do...

If it helps, my sim is P3DV4.4 (as I said) with Active Sky, ASCA, fsuipc, GSX Level 2, and ENVTEX/ENVSHADE.

PC: i7 7700k, GTX1080Ti..... (more than enough for p3d).

I have to say I am not experiencing this with other developers, so is a A2A problem.
Image Image

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Bonanza brakes working only the first time

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Did you do a walk around and hangar check , prior to engine start , A2A aircraft are like the real aircraft , and have to be treated as such , you cannot compare them with other venders .
Was the aircraft set as new or used , if used then reasons the brakes did not hold , could be brakes worn or broken in the hangar , or too much power set on throttle.
Also when you downloaded the aircraft , did you update it to the latest update , and you should not uninstall / reinstall except as a last resort , as anyone trying to help you will find it hard to pinpoint the fault.
Also A2A aircraft start to wear and tear even with the sim shutdown and pc off , no two flights are the same , and things will fail just like the real aircraft do.
What controllers do you have , do controls go through the sim or FSUIPC .
I use FSXA with most controls going through FSUIPC and some custom controls go through the individual A2A aircraft input configurator , i have all the accu-sim aircraft , and they all have different caracters and have to be treated differently , as you would expect.
My controls are CH yoke/rudder peddles/two sets of quad throttles/saitek trim wheel/radio and switch panels what controllers do you use.
regards alan. 8)

Ruben8737
Airman Basic

Post by Ruben8737 »

Of course I did the walk around. Power 800-1000rpm and brakes not working includes parking brake / toe brake (while parked, taxi, etc....) most controls are going through FSUIPC except rudder, going through p3d controls.

I use saitek proflight rudder and hotas warthog as controllers.

I have a comanche which I flown for almost a year and this never happened before.

Thank you for your reply.
Image Image

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Ruben8737.
In the hangar , when you hit the inspect button , is everything showing as red or all ok , also does the handbrake work when operated in the VC , and can you get normal brakes working from the default keyboard brake key , and do you have any duplicated keymaps accidently set , that might be stoping them from working.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please remove FSUIPC from the equation, we do not require this to work and it can intefere so for troubleshooting best to disable it and just get as back to default as possible to try to find where the problem is. Also check for any stray mappings in the aircraft input config tool if the toe brakes are not working. This points to a control/mapping issue, hence FSUIPC needing to be removed from the testing.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ruben8737
Airman Basic

Post by Ruben8737 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Ruben8737.
In the hangar , when you hit the inspect button , is everything showing as red or all ok , also does the handbrake work when operated in the VC , and can you get normal brakes working from the default keyboard brake key , and do you have any duplicated keymaps accidently set , that might be stoping them from working.
regards alan. 8)
Hi alan, thanks for your reply.

Yes, in the hangar is all ok, I get P3D braking indication while on VC (parking brake set, press . to remove it) (or something like that) but no brakes working. I don't have any duplicate keys, and no I can't get my brakes to work with keyboard.
Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

can you please remove FSUIPC from the equation, we do not require this to work and it can intefere so for troubleshooting best to disable it and just get as back to default as possible to try to find where the problem is. Also check for any stray mappings in the aircraft input config tool if the toe brakes are not working. This points to a control/mapping issue, hence FSUIPC needing to be removed from the testing.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
FSUIPC removed, problem still happening.

By the way, this problem happens too with my comanche.
Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ruben,

Please can you just clarify if the controls in the virtual cockpit (i.e. the rudder pedals and parking brake handle) respond to your inputs but without any corresponding braking action, or whether there's no visible response at all?

Thanks,
Nick

Ruben8737
Airman Basic

Post by Ruben8737 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Ruben,

Please can you just clarify if the controls in the virtual cockpit (i.e. the rudder pedals and parking brake handle) respond to your inputs but without any corresponding braking action, or whether there's no visible response at all?
Thanks,
Nick

There are visual response (pedals and also parkin brake) but just no brake action.

If helps, this problem is on my comanche too.
Image Image

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Ruben.
In my FSUIPC controls under brakes , i have the REV box ticked , is yours ticked or unticked , try selecting the oposite to what you have now , and see if that fixies the issue or not.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ruben8737 wrote:There are visual response (pedals and also parkin brake) but just no brake action.

If helps, this problem is on my comanche too.
Thanks Ruben,

It's quite unusual if the pedals are responding but there's no braking action. Please can you let us know exactly what hardware you've mapped the brakes to?

Also, please can you download and run the little application below (it should be pretty self-explanatory - just click the "connect to FSX" button when P3D is running) and let us know what percentage figures it reports when you apply the toe and parking brakes in the Bonanza.

Download: Brakes Test.exe

Thanks,
Nick

Ruben8737
Airman Basic

Post by Ruben8737 »

Guys... I fixed the problem.

The fact is, I always did the "tests" in the same scenery. You know what? The brakes are ok in other sceneries...... Looks like a friction problem or a bad installation of the scenery.

Im so so sorry, its a fresh install of the whole prepar3d and I was not aware of this.......

By the way, now I'm enjoying my bonanza, as a real pilot I have to say is reaaaally amazing!!! I fly her in p3d when bad weather in real life :)

Thanks for your help!
Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Ruben and good to hear you found the culprit.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”