BOBII 2.13 latest build Windows 10

new reply
pickle144
Airman Basic

BOBII 2.13 latest build Windows 10

Post by pickle144 »

I have been following threads in here and in simhq for some time following advice for tweaking Win10 to allow some semblance of stability in BoB but so far no luck. I recently made a modification to bdg.txt to force Windowed mode ON. Now when I play BoBII I can play a campaign/instant with no CTDs and most of all no Alt-x crashes. The problem is, that it is windowed mode (BoBII version) is there anyway to keep windowed mode but expand the 3D size for no matter the resolution I select the actual game window is fixed to relatively small window.

pickle144
Airman Basic

Re: BOBII 2.13 latest build Windows 10

Post by pickle144 »

Well after some more trial and error I set myself on the trail for a 3rd party utility to force windowed mode (preferably borderless) to run with BoB. Well I think I may have found the answer in Windower (http://www.windower.net/) simply running with default profile and select "insert" key brought up BoB in full screen windowed mode where I was able to launch a "Turkey shoot" mission and ALT-X back to the menu! I maybe breaking a cardinal rule by coming forward so soon on this by my excitement got the better of me. BTW I have tried dxwind and D3Dwindower with no success. Now the holy grail, a campaign...more forthcoming.

Note. I had BoB executable set for native Windows 10 (No compatibility).

Please disregard. Windower is focused on Final Fantasy although I was occasionally successful launching BoB in windowed mode by tweaking the settings.xml for Windower it is by no means repeatable and few times I was able to play in a campaign I still suffered the alt-x freeze.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”