A2A Simulations - Forums downtime/change coming soon

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Simulations - Forums downtime/change over Feb 5th

Post by bladerunner900 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
bladerunner900 wrote:
Mark - A2A wrote:Unfortunately, subscriptions from the current forums will not be imported to the new system. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will provide information on topic subscriptions for the new system in our help guide.

Mark
That's bad news. I have shortcuts to over 100 topics with what I consider to be important information of some kind. If I understand correctly, all those topics will be gone, for good?

Steve
Unfortunately your shortcuts will be gone but the topics shall remain and move over to the new forums.

thanks,
Lewis
Hmm. Lots and lots of searching then if I want them back. Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Steve.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Will we log in to the forum using a separate password from the store's? I don't think I want to use the same one for both.

Edited: My points disappeared after I changed my store username to match my forum name. Logged in again later, and the points are back. Sorry about that. Or thanks to Lewis if you fixed it.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I appear to have the same issue as Patful. I changed my user name in the store to the same as my forum name after reading about the changes to the forum, and when I looked at my points the other night, the page responded with "It looks like nothing was found at this location." I thought I had 120 points. On the same day, I bought the Cherokee for P3D Professional and was told I would accrue another 80 points, and now it tells me I have -40 points. Huh??????????????? :shock: :?: :?:

Can Lewis or someone take a look at my account, please, and resolve this?

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Mike, can you please fire me a PM and ill get that sorted for you.

Please don't worry, no ones losing any points we are actively working on the site so sometimes there may be some errors in getting the data sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Having not visited for a while, I caught this announcement just in time for D-Day (tomorrow). I've set my in-store "display name" to match my current username - else my real name would have popped up I expect (which will likely happen for many others). I know it can be changed later, but some who prefer to remain anonymous might get upset :mrgreen:

I don't know if you have considered it, but I believe the current forum features an ability to send e-mails to all registered users. In my control panel there is the option:

"Administrators can e-mail me information: Yes/No"

By default it should be set to "yes". In case other non-regular visitors aren't aware it could be worth sending out a general notice. Seems good practise to me, but I realise there may be reasons against doing so. Just a thought!

I look forward to seeing the new look :D

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We moved over to the new forum system today but performance was just not good enough, so we're back to these forums for now and are doing a full server and service upgrade. We're not sure how long it will take, but in the meantime these forums are complete and fast. We will let you know before the next move.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Simulations - Forums downtime/change coming soon

Post by Paughco »

Thank you Scott!

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Good to know.

Also. In the brief time the new forum was up, I noticed that we lost the 'Passion for flight' header picture. I personally would be disappointed and saddened to see her go, but I get it. It's the new PC World.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We're planning on keeping our pinup girl but want to make new renders. And also good find, we do need to keep the phrase "passion for flight" in the new system as this best describes who we all are.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Yay! Girls like her too! :)

What are you rendering her in? DAZ?

Maybe with the new render you can sell a nice vintage-style poster like what ppl would have in their shop or hangar? :)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Scott - A2A wrote:We're planning on keeping our pinup girl but want to make new renders. And also good find, we do need to keep the phrase "passion for flight" in the new system as this best describes who we all are.

Scott.
She'd go really great on the nose of the eventual A2A B-25 Mitchell!

Seeya
ATB

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Paughco wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:We're planning on keeping our pinup girl but want to make new renders.

Scott.
She'd go really great on the nose of the eventual A2A B-25 Mitchell!

Seeya
ATB
+100

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Gypsy Baron wrote:I am not at all looking forward to the change. Of all the forums and web sites I visit regularly,
the A2A Forum is the fastest in terms of loading by a good margin over all the others.

The layout is straight forward and easy to navigate. Again, forum replies load very quickly and
even those with JPGs attached load fast.

All too often these changes result in degraded performance as the new site contains a lot of
useless eye candy and content that doesn't add anything that isn't already provided and seems
to only serve as a playground for Kode Kiddies. The recent versions of Firefox are examples
of this sort of 'improvement'.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! :( :x

Paul

Hear bloody hear! I hope it's not a case of 'If you won't go to Facebook, Facebook will come to you'
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I don't mind the store and forum sharing the same email address, but is there any way to prevent being automatically logged into the store when we log in here? When I opened the store link the other day, I was already logged in. Not a fan of that.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

patful wrote:I don't mind the store and forum sharing the same email address, but is there any way to prevent being automatically logged into the store when we log in here? When I opened the store link the other day, I was already logged in. Not a fan of that.
I have to say I totally agree with this. I've always had 1 password for the store, and another for the forum, for security purposes.

As to the change, I agree with Ron. Unless there's good reason to change, particularly security concerns with the present forum, leave well enough alone.

Just my 2P worth.
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”