Suggestions on saitek

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
rotrhed
Senior Airman

Suggestions on saitek

Post by rotrhed »

I already have the saitek flight yoke and rudder pedals. I like the yoke but don't care for the throttle quadrant that came with it. I'm thinking about purchasing the TPM panel from saitek which gives you the push/pull throttle like in cessnas. I was also looking at the saitek switch panel. Does anyone use these? Is it worth the money? Thanks in advance.

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Suggestions on saitek

Post by Norforce »

Yes I do and have had no problems with it through FSX

Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I'm waiting to see if I can get the push throttle on sale somewhere or for the price to drop before I purchasend it.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Hey Norforce
Nice setup. Some serious flying going on there. Maybe a b-17 or a 377 as well as the 172.

Kep smiling
Tug :)

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

the setup works with all of the A2A's stable :-)
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Zoomy9999
Airman

Post by Zoomy9999 »

I have the TPM, and can confirm that it works fine with A2A's products, and with FSX in general.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I will say that if you don't want to spend the money on the Saitek panels, and you have an iPad you can get the Remoteflight apps. I have been going back and forth on getting the Saitek radio panel, but had an old iPad 2 laying around. Got the Remoteflight Radio HD app for $11.99, and couldn't be happier with it. On the Civ P-51 it lets me tune all of the frequencies without having to constantly pan down, and even some (not all) of the autopilot buttons work. However I expected that so not a big deal. Here is a link: https://remoteflight.net/

I have been eyeing up that Saitek switch panel though with the landing gear handle. However after watching some videos on Youtube I was not to impressed by how the mag switch handled multi-engine birds. Also worry about how the landing gear handle acts on planes like the P-40 that have a "down/neutral/up" positions for the landing gear. I just would really like the switches for the lights and a couple other things.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

insomaniac45
Airman Basic

Post by insomaniac45 »

i have 3 7" tablets running

FSRadioPanel
Flightmap
FlightGuage

these work really well. and i have bee working with the author of map and gauge to get them working perfectly on a 7" tablet.

this is a far better and dead easy way, rather than worrying how your going to get the other gauges to work correctly.

It is as simple as.

Fire up FSX,
Fire Up Flight Connect
Fire Up LiveSuit

go to tablets, and fire up apps.

Press auto detect for Map and Guage apps
(manaually enter ip address for radio panel)
hit start.
Done.

2 mins or less than.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”