The Definitive T-6 for FSX, Now Released *FREEWARE

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
fsxar177
Senior Airman

The Definitive T-6 for FSX, Now Released *FREEWARE

Post by fsxar177 »

In cooperation with the FSX Air Sports Association.
It is my pleasure to now announce the official release of the FASA T-6 Racers Package. (COMPLETE)

Model: - Original Warwick Carter/David Eckert.
Sound: - All new exclusive sound-set. 3D Cone, actual recordings, the whole bit.
Texture: - 20 All new, historically accurate, and meticulously created liveries. Based on the Paintkit by J.T. (W.B.S) But also featuring new goodies inside and out.
Flight: - The flight model is entirely reworked, for accuracy, and realism. A half dozen real-world T-6 pilots have been interviewed, and their commentaries noted. The flight model is exacted around the concept of the cleaned-up, yet still very stock T-6 aircraft, such as compete in the National Championship Air Races in Reno. Also this flight model will much more readily adapt to the aerobatic routines as seen with various airshow performers across the country.

Also; special .xml programming, and a precision customized RealEngine module have been adapted for extra immersion. There's other goodies as well...

The Download is 134mb, and contained in a self-installer.
It contains everything needed.

Those who enjoy this package,
Feel free to donate!

Official Page:
http://www.fsxairsports.com/air_racing/ ... -6_Racers/

Download at the link above.

- Joseph

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: The Definitive T-6 for FSX, Now Released *FREEWARE

Post by taildraggin68 »

Impressive.....top shelf upgrade to the original.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Thanks Joseph! 8) Took it for a hop around the patch this afternoon, a wonderful bird indeed.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

fsxar177 wrote: In cooperation with the FSX Air Sports Association.
It is my pleasure to now announce the official release of the FASA T-6 Racers Package. (COMPLETE)

[...]

- Joseph
Thanks very much! I don't know why - it's not pretty, and it's slow - but I like the Texan. I already flew the version this new one is based on, for me it's always been the hardest plane to get the engine started, in FSX. I get every A2A warbird going on the first try, piece of cake - but with this Texan, something apparently eludes me ;)

A question: will repaints for the non-racing version work with this one, as well?

fsxar177
Senior Airman

Post by fsxar177 »

Dooga wrote:... will repaints for the non-racing version work with this one, as well?
Yes, they should, with few exceptions.

- Joseph

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

This is the hardest plane I've tried to start and I'm frustrated with it to the point of completely deleting it how do I get this thing to crank?

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

OK for a quick start method to hold you over for now.

Parking break ON
Turn on your magnetos to both.
Turn on your fuel selector to All Tanks
Now bring up your systems screen by hitting SHIFT+4
Now just go ahead and start it by using CTRL+E like any other model
Now click on the small square on the systems screen that says AR next to the others showing AL, MAN and AUT Highlight the one that says: AR next to Mixture control or something like that, Can't remember the exact line as I don't have it opened but you'll see it.
Now select CTRL+F1 for prop pitch adjustment.
Now gradually increase the throttle until you see about 29MP for your manifold pressure in the systems menu/window.
THEN using CTRL+F3 tap the F3 key to increase the value of your RPM to around 2200 - 2300 keeping an eye on your MP and PROP PITCH readings not to go over the damaging values which will start to turn white and then yellow.

This is a starting point for takeoff and you will be able to take off with these setting without damaging the engine. You should be able to climb out at around 5 to 10 degrees at around 105 knots indicated without any problems.
Last edited by EightyFiftyFive on 21 Sep 2014, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Easy way, make sure mags are on and fuel selector to either tank, then control E........Harder realistic way.....mags and fuel, wobble pump (between trim levers) but only enough wobble to the green, prime if ambient temp is cold and engine cold....fire it up...the manual goes into it and the original documentation does as well...there is a good vid on youtube on how to start a dhc-2 that would be similar but will have to find the link again... :D

as Eighty Fifty Five posted above, those numbers are good for take off, I have been successful at pushing those values but only until climb established then back to around 25 inches and still get 1000fpm+ on climb out.

edit: just confirmed it, wobble to green, then a couple shots of prime, hold the starter button for about three seconds and she should fire right up....don't forget the mags, brake, and fuel selector :D and use the carb heat, she will ice up on you during descent 8)

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

I had troubles with P3D 2.3. I needed to run it in legacy mode using the Virtual FSX tool to get some of the systems to work correctly.

N70BK
Airman

Post by N70BK »

Took a couple of short flights. Fun plane to fly, Thanks!
Had a heck of a time getting it started at first and blew one engine. After that, nothing but good times!

fsxar177
Senior Airman

Post by fsxar177 »

EnDSchultz wrote:I had troubles with P3D 2.3. I needed to run it in legacy mode using the Virtual FSX tool to get some of the systems to work correctly.
The add-on has not been tested, or intended for use with P3D.

- Joseph

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”