only at peak

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
awash2002
A2A ACE

only at peak

Post by awash2002 »

From now on I'm going to run all my A2A GA aircraft at Peak EGT and LOP by 20 degrees basically leaning till the engine starts to run rough and richen till it runs smooth

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: only at peak

Post by Scott - A2A »

That sounds good Awash. If the plane can take being leaned without running rough, it's good. The only thing to avoid is adding too much power so lean especially if temps are high. If you are only leaning in the cruise and temps are good, then you are fine.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Scott - A2A wrote:That sounds good Awash. If the plane can take being leaned without running rough, it's good. The only thing to avoid is adding too much power so lean especially if temps are high. If you are only leaning in the cruise and temps are good, then you are fine.

Scott.
In real life YES, but in accusim I figure you guys went through the trouble to simulate what happens if the engine gets too hot so abuse is implied. Lol
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I'm also running some max range tests as well as fuel flow and true airspeed tests and I like the leaning by ear method as opposed to leaning by the performance charts

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”