First Video

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
danb12
Staff Sergeant

First Video

Post by danb12 »

Hi all,

Following on from my refamiliarisation flight in the B-17 (http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=54182), I decided to make a video of a circuit at Duxford, excuse any errors etc. still getting used to the '17 again!

Also, ignore the flying tips and red info text, I have recently swapped to FSX:SE and haven't got round to disabling them.

Anyway, I hope you the enjoy the video - any comments would be most welcome, here or on YouTube!

https://youtu.be/E3Br0WfhkVs

Have a good weekend,

Dan

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: First Video

Post by spadjockey »

ok

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Nice video Dan! :) How are you getting on with EZdok? I did see your post about profiles but I'm not sure mine are really worth sharing. However, I did post a link to a guide here which will help you to get the pre-flight inspection views working properly in the GA planes, of which it looks like you have a couple.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Nice video and great landing! What program did you use to make your video? The video looks really good.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :?: 8)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nice video Dan!

Thanks for sharing
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments!

I used Nvidia Shadow play to record it (came with my card) then used handbrake to compress and upload :-)

Glad you liked it :-)

Ezdok isn't too bad, it's just fiddly and finding a sweet spot I guess, still tinkering! Thanks for the link!

Dan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice video thanks for sharing ,Looks like you have the sim real nicely dialed in graphics wise your Duxford and local area look great 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Yeah, I'm really happy with it actually... took a while but I'm happy now! Can't believe how much better fsx:se is over fsx... a marked difference in my eyes!

Happy flying,
Dan

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

danb12 wrote:Hi all,

Following on from my refamiliarisation flight in the B-17 (http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=54182), I decided to make a video of a circuit at Duxford, excuse any errors etc. still getting used to the '17 again!

Also, ignore the flying tips and red info text, I have recently swapped to FSX:SE and haven't got round to disabling them.

Anyway, I hope you the enjoy the video - any comments would be most welcome, here or on YouTube!

Have a good weekend,

Dan
Really nice job;

I'll give you a small video tip we discovered for ourselves in the airshow industry concerning head mounted cameras we use when doing a show.

What happens is that any head movement in any axis where a camera (we use GoPro almost exclusively in the industry) is head mounted results in a quickened head movement being transferred to the viewer through the video. The result is that viewing the film tends to give the viewer trouble following the movement being slightly behind it resulting in headaches.
Our answer is the obvious solution; that being to force a slower movement of the head to an almost slow motion when moving the head.
Works like a charm for us!
Dudley Henriques

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
danb12 wrote:Hi all,

Have a good weekend,

Dan
Really nice job;

I'll give you a small video tip we discovered for ourselves in the airshow industry concerning head mounted cameras we use when doing a show.

What happens is that any head movement in any axis where a camera (we use GoPro almost exclusively in the industry) is head mounted results in a quickened head movement being transferred to the viewer through the video. The result is that viewing the film tends to give the viewer trouble following the movement being slightly behind it resulting in headaches.
Our answer is the obvious solution; that being to force a slower movement of the head to an almost slow motion when moving the head.
Works like a charm for us!
Dudley Henriques
Hi Dudley,

Thanks ever so much for your comments, I will take them on board!

Thanks again to everyone who has commented, I had fun making this video and will make more in the future hopefully!

Dan

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”