FSX

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
awash2002
A2A ACE

FSX

Post by awash2002 »

I'm about ready to go back to FSX Steam Edition or just go to Xplane For some reason my Expansion pack decided to deregister for some reason

spork
Staff Sergeant

Re: FSX

Post by spork »

I went back to FSX Steam recently (from P3D). I was pleasantly surprised how much better the performance is than I remember, I'm usually getting 30-60fps which is a lot better for trackIR use. So now I'm torn between P3D's good looks and FSX's stellar performance.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Yes, my experience with Steam has been very positive, compared to boxed FSX. I haven't had to tweak very many settings and my frame average is stellar even while using Orbx and Track IR.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I'll think about going to Steam again for now going to stick with the original boxed version

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

awash2002 wrote:I'll think about going to Steam again for now going to stick with the original boxed version
Why would you put yourself through so such much pain and torment :roll:

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Because I tried steam and I like the original version better

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

awash2002 wrote:Because I tried steam and I like the original version better
Fair enough :| please enlighten me on what you find better about the original version, you seem to have an awfull lot of problems with it ? Steam version is just FSX, with the common fix's, you can still modify/edit the cfg if you please. It also has a reliable repair option, if you stuff something up. I have both P3d and Steam, I find Steam to be the most reliable and better performing of the two ? The volume of addons I have in Steam edition, far out number the volume I can run in P3d (old and new), and I don't have to wait for the dev's to catch up every update. For the sake of a few shadows and a bit of extra bling, I'd prefer to have ALL my extra addons and be flying. I don't get OOMS in Steam either, even with complex aircraft like PMDG (not that I do in P3d also). I have banged my head on the desk with FSX Gold edition for many years, Steam version is the best thing since sliced bread IMHO. If you can't run FSX steam reliably, you either have something wrong with your rig, or your still running an abacus.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

The reason I'm staying with the original is because of the different kinds of installers for the addon's and some are not steam compatible I've tried steam before and I didn't like it all that much so I went with the original version again I think what had happened when I was having problems activating my sim expansion pack was they were having server problems so I had to wait till it popped up and I activated it and now it's working great. But I think I may bight the bullet and spend the $60 and get P3D I have X-plane 10 a friend gave me I may do that

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”