New Yoke

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: New Yoke

Post by Medtner »

crippy wrote:An interesting thing I am seeing when I researched some Yokes Y'all {southern for You all} recommended in a different post, was the inclusion of elastic straps for the retention springs. It will be interesting to see if the 'honeycomb' yoke has the same type of mechanism. I have mixed feelings about having an elastic band as it could degrade over the life of the yoke and cause a more sloppy feel 4+ years down the line.
I agree with this, but the elastics can be easily replaced in-house. I did this with my CH-yoke back in the day to get a tighter feel. I was however at that point ready for a yoke with 180 degree aileron, so I got the Saitek Cessna Yoke. It has springs, and feels completely different. There are mods to change it to rubber bands, and somehow getting rid of the center detent, so there is always hope for improvement.

As for the Honeycomb yoke, I'm curious as to why they don't show it in action. Sitting next to it and talking about it as if it is a dummy, shiny and nice looking, but not in working order...

A2A's Scott have said several times that the CH yoke is what he feels is a better yoke in that class, and I reluctantly agree, though I loved my Saitek for a long time. The center detent is, however, a monstrous problem.
The Honeycomb is supposed to have no detent. That smacks of rubber-band "technology", for good or worse.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: New Yoke

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I look forward to the Honeycomb reviews and seeing how not just the yoke but that nice throttle with the trim wheel included is when hands on and in use for the average simmer.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”