Future project suggestion/request.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Future project suggestion/request.

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Whilst the Spit will always be my 1st love, I have always liked the lines of the Hawker Typhoon. I have just finished reading the excellent WWII memoir of Gp Capt Desmond Scott, “Typhoon Pilot” and struck me that it would be a fantastic study aircraft. If there is anybody out there who can do justice to this magnificent warbird it is A2A.

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: Future project suggestion/request.

Post by patful »

Good suggestion. I'd love the Sea Fury even more. More radials!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

The problem for an A2A Typhoon is that there isn't one flying, so there's no way to Accusim one. The good news is that there is a project to get one back in the air. After that, who knows??

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Dogsbody55 wrote:The problem for an A2A Typhoon is that there isn't one flying, so there's no way to Accusim one. The good news is that there is a project to get one back in the air. After that, who knows??

Cheers,
Mike
Very good point Mike.

Yes it will be great when the restored Typhoon takes to the air!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

A2A needs to hire more people so they can produce more planes of the highest quality more often.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

IDK, my dad is a software engineer and he always says that "quality doesn't scale", which is why little companies and teams usually outperform big ones.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Same thing applies in manufacturing. Upping the number of people working in an organisation lowers the average skill level, at least in the short term, for a whole bunch of reasons.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Well whatever A2A are doing with the quality it is spot on. In terms of GA and warbirds I can’t think of anything that comes close.

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

In all honesty I would really like a Hawker Hurricane which Im hoping is at least one of the aircraft A2A are working on. Also I B25 Mitchell I have been dying to see this in my Accu-Sim hanger.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Sadly, somebody recently said they looked into the B-25, and it didn't work out. Just give me a Sea Fury, Wildcat, Hellcat, or Bearcat, and I'll quit crying. Or a revamped P-47.

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Maybe convert all the FSX line of products to P3Dv4 first :mrgreen:

Moggster
Senior Airman

Post by Moggster »

TomLovesMustangs wrote:In all honesty I would really like a Hawker Hurricane which Im hoping is at least one of the aircraft A2A are working on. Also I B25 Mitchell I have been dying to see this in my Accu-Sim hanger.
Oh me too, a Hawker Hurricane Mk.I if only so we could recreate John Gillan's 1938 world record run.

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

patful wrote:Sadly, somebody recently said they looked into the B-25, and it didn't work out. Just give me a Sea Fury, Wildcat, Hellcat, or Bearcat, and I'll quit crying. Or a revamped P-47.
May I ask what happened?.

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Moggster wrote:
TomLovesMustangs wrote:In all honesty I would really like a Hawker Hurricane which Im hoping is at least one of the aircraft A2A are working on. Also I B25 Mitchell I have been dying to see this in my Accu-Sim hanger.
Oh me too, a Hawker Hurricane Mk.I if only so we could recreate John Gillan's 1938 world record run.
I think if A2A was to do it they should do what they did with the Spitfire. Have multiple variants for instance the Mk1 as you pointed out and the Hurribomber. I'd love to take the one the BBMF have at the moment with the blue roundels for a spin.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

TomLovesMustangs wrote:
Moggster wrote:
I think if A2A was to do it they should do what they did with the Spitfire. Have multiple variants for instance the Mk1 as you pointed out and the Hurribomber. I'd love to take the one the BBMF have at the moment with the blue roundels for a spin.
As one who thinks a Hurricane is a huge gap in the A2A lineup, I have to agree completely. A Mk I with fixed pitch and CS prop (Hurricanes were more hurriedly converted to CS props than Spitfires), a MkIIa which was perhaps the most spritely of all, and a MkIIc with 4 cannon and bombs would be just wonderful.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”