Accu-Sim Bonanza in development, cockpit first look

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Accu-Sim Bonanza in development, cockpit first look

Post by AKar »

nojwod wrote:
The whole VC is looking superb, I’m just a litttle disappointed,I was expecting some kind of EDM to monitor engine parameters, like individual cylinder EGT/CHT and lean assist modes.
I prefer the authentic approach. If the instrument is in the original then it's included, if it's not then it isn't modelled. The exception being GPS units since just about all GPS units are retrofits and there are so may different combinations out there...
I'd figure a good portion or even a majority of the engine monitors and comparable instrumentation means are aftermarket installations just like GPSes, though. In fact, when speaking of authenticity, it is easy to get into system integration traps when allowing for bolt-on third-party GPSes, as many small functions these units may support will easily be wrongly simulated for the specific configuration represented by the addon airplane in question.

-Esa

djbully
Airman

Post by djbully »

I have a question?

Is this the V tail version which the Comanche is compared to in the Comanche manual? Or will it be the later version without the v tail?

I didnt see it asked already?

Cheers,
Bully.
EGHI

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

djbully wrote:Is this the V tail version which the Comanche is compared to in the Comanche manual? Or will it be the later version without the v tail?
It's the V-tail. :)

-Esa

djbully
Airman

Post by djbully »

Now that is good news!

Thanks for the reply :)
EGHI

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bully - yep, it's the V-tail: there's an external screenshot here. :)

Thanks,
Nick

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

nojwod wrote:I prefer the authentic approach. If the instrument is in the original then it's included, if it's not then it isn't modelled. The exception being GPS units since just about all GPS units are retrofits and there are so may different combinations out there...
Although I agree with the "authentic approach", let's consider that apart from training aircraft the majority of real world GA airplanes have some kind of engine monitoring system. But I don't mind if A2A doesn't consider to do one, it's not a show stopper in any way. All the other features implemented are top notch, as always has been on A2A portfolio. And...we can still use the good old "lean by ear" or by EGT gauge, as pointed on the aircraft manual. :D And AFAIK there will be a new gauge physics which I'm eager to see.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

maubrenta wrote: Although I agree with the "authentic approach", let's consider that apart from training aircraft the majority of real world GA airplanes have some kind of engine monitoring system. But I don't mind if A2A doesn't consider to do one, it's not a show stopper in any way. All the other features implemented are top notch, as always has been on A2A portfolio. And...we can still use the good old "lean by ear" or by EGT gauge, as pointed on the aircraft manual. :D And AFAIK there will be a new gauge physics which I'm eager to see.
I’ll disagree that most GA planes have an engine monitor. Modern GA’s and of course the glasscokcpit ones yes. But a lot of flying clubs are operating aircraft from the late 70s to the mid 90s and those usually don’t have engine monitors. At least I haven’t seen one of the ones I’ve flown. The Bonanza V35 being from the early 70s I think it is very realistic that it doesn’t have an engine monitor.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
maubrenta wrote: Although I agree with the "authentic approach", let's consider that apart from training aircraft the majority of real world GA airplanes have some kind of engine monitoring system. But I don't mind if A2A doesn't consider to do one, it's not a show stopper in any way. All the other features implemented are top notch, as always has been on A2A portfolio. And...we can still use the good old "lean by ear" or by EGT gauge, as pointed on the aircraft manual. :D And AFAIK there will be a new gauge physics which I'm eager to see.
I’ll disagree that most GA planes have an engine monitor. Modern GA’s and of course the glasscokcpit ones yes. But a lot of flying clubs are operating aircraft from the late 70s to the mid 90s and those usually don’t have engine monitors. At least I haven’t seen one of the ones I’ve flown. The Bonanza V35 being from the early 70s I think it is very realistic that it doesn’t have an engine monitor.
I mean as an aftermarket system. I'm not refering to flying club aicraft, but owners aircraft.
Sure an engine monitor on a flying club or flight school airplane isn't commom (apart from the latest ones as you well recall), but on an airplane you have to pay all the bills alone that's a different history.

But please, I don't want to be seen as someone who's complaining. :D As I said before, I don't mind with or without engine monitor system on the A2A airplanes. I love all my A2A GA fleet, especially the Cherokee and the Comanche.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

maubrenta wrote: But please, I don't want to be seen as someone who's complaining. :D As I said before, I don't mind with or without engine monitor system on the A2A airplanes. I love all my A2A GA fleet, especially the Cherokee and the Comanche.
I think we can agree on that anytime :wink: 8)
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

maubrenta wrote:I mean as an aftermarket system. I'm not refering to flying club aicraft, but owners aircraft.
Sure an engine monitor on a flying club or flight school airplane isn't commom (apart from the latest ones as you well recall), but on an airplane you have to pay all the bills alone that's a different history.
Hi Mauricio,

Good to see you back on the forums! :) Yeah, it is indeed pretty common to see a retrofitted digital engine monitor in the cockpit of a V35B flying today. I'd also love to see this technology added to Accu-Sim (it was discussed here over 3 years ago) and I know that Scott would like to include such a feature too. However, it's the kind of instrument that has to be implemented properly if it's going to be included, and this is no mean feat as it means adding and programming lots of new per-cylinder variables to the core Accu-Sim engine.

Because of the current development workload, a digital engine monitor is unlikely to be fitted to the Bonanza when it's first released. However, this doesn't mean to say there's no chance A2A will ever retrofit one either. A2A products tend to benefit from updated features and functionality months and even years after release, so fingers crossed guys! :wink:

Thanks,
Nick

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

Hi Nick, I'm happy to be back! Nice to see you! :) Got it, I'm pretty sure the Bonanza will be another A2A masterpiece. Reading the V35B manuals in preparation for this one, I should have all by memory when the plane comes out. :mrgreen:
Great screenshots by the way and thanks for sharing!

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Can't wait to get this masterpiece when it comes out and will it come out before or after Airventure 2018?

gdzukowski
Airman First Class

Post by gdzukowski »

Well, rest in peace real life N228Q. Looks like this plane will have to be forever represented in the sim. With luck, maybe it is salvageable enough to become a good project airplane for someone to make their own. https://www.click2houston.com/news/smal ... ris-county

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

gdzukowski wrote:With luck, maybe it is salvageable enough to become a good project airplane for someone to make their own.
'Tis but a scratch... :wink:

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I have to say the screen shots we've seen so far look wonderful, and the panel looks very life-like in the same way as the Cherokee panel does.

But unless it's released in the next week, I won't get to fly this until mid September as I'm on a road trip until then. :(

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”