Accu-Sim Re-organization

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Accu-Sim Re-organization

Post by Scott - A2A »

We've reached that point in development where we need to do some housecleaning, not unlike doing a big cleanup and re-organization of your garage or basement.

So everything gets put under the microscope, to see what stays, what goes, what changes, what goes where, etc. I'm three days into this process, which is huge. Having just gotten past the first pass, which cleans out unwanted stuff and leaves us with what we have, a quick count shows in just the Accu-Sim combustion engine alone, there are well over 500 variables.

And this is actually pretty good when you consider what is truly going on inside a combustion engine (we pride ourselves on not just making good software, but making it also lean and efficient). So the next time you fire up your Bonanza, Mustang, or Cessna 172, know that there are 500 little pieces inside that engine all humming in harmony (or not).

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Re: Accu-Sim Re-organization

Post by avduarri »

This is why I only fly A2A planes. I don't want to click on the start switch and see one simple action, without variables. That's very boring and unrealistic.
My 75% time in the sim is flying GA, without A2A I wouldn't be flying GA (well, and without ORBX).

Congrats to all the A2A team.

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Same here, but it's about 95% GA or more even. Thank you for making such great planes for us! \o/

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Keep up the great work, I'll always support it.
Ros

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Sounds like it's a necessary but not fun task. Well soldier on!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

Sounds incredible, I did not imagine the Accu-Sim engine is so complex. Great work, great planes!

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Lol Scott, I know exactly how you feel xD we‘ve done that with my parents‘ house for weeks!

Have you, by any chance, accidentally and completely surprisingly, found a Cub in your garage that you would like to share?
:mrgreen:

Marc

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

MarcE wrote:
Have you, by any chance, accidentally and completely surprisingly, found a Cub in your garage that you would like to share?
:mrgreen:

Marc
Lol!!!! Smooth!!! I wish I could have hit the bars with you in another life.. must be something to see you moving on women.. (or men, none of my business after all but you get the idea)

Let’s see if Scott takes the bate?

Mr. Gentille, I would have never guess 500 as the variable count in the engines’ engine but it doesn’t surprise me when considering the number of times I flooded my 182 or the Comanche during spring.. having flown with IRL weather in northern Quebec during the winter, I tend to over primed quite a bit when the weather warms up... this shows how OAT influence the fuel mix in your simulated engines.

It’s funny how I feel proud to own your airplanes, and to say I’m pretty good at operating them... normally pride his something that the one who makes the product feels, but A2A feels more like a family than a business for its customers.

Keeps us flying ! You guys are the reference in this industry.

Stephan

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

The topic does suggest that Scott and the team have found several aircraft in their garage and are giving them a thorough spring clean.

This must be especially difficult with the Cub, and it would be very impressive if a P3Dv4 version of it were released in the near future. Not a lot of companies could do that you know 8)
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

That is pretty darn cool!

I’m also impressed that you are actually trying to keep your code base tight and clean. Being a former developer myself I know it’s difficult to make that a priority but if you can it certainly makes future changes so much easier to make and manage.

Keep up the great work. Like many if it’s not A2A it just isn’t “As Real As It Gets” :D

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I’m curious where this is going...
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Since every Accu-Sim aircraft is more complex than the last - generally speaking - it would be interesting to see how the number of variables have grown over the years through each generation of Accu-Sim aircraft. I'd also love to get an idea of what some of those 500 variables cover (besides the obvious ones) just to 'peak under the hood' and see how all the 'parts' work. But I also realise there are reasons not to divulge such information into the public domain, not least because it could open up criticisms of older, 'simpler' aircraft with fewer variables (there are always people on the internet looking for reasons to bash something). For now, I shall just imagine a chart with an exponentially increasing curve showing number of variables with time! :mrgreen:

I suppose when you think about it, there are so many more areas that could (potentially) be incorporated into future aircraft, some more useful/practical than others, covering topics such as tyre pressures to more complex mechanical stresses and strains and deeper inspections and repairs. They wouldn't add much to the day-to-day operation of the aircraft so would never be of any priority to include, but the sum of all these parts is an ever more unique 'character' developing within every user's aircraft. I'm pretty sure the complexity of future aircraft won't reduce any, so while some ideas might seem silly or superfluous at first, they will probably creep into our simulated aircraft at some point. I look forward to being surprised at each step of the way :)

Martyn

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Post by wblackret »

Personally, I’ve been amazed from the start with A2A aircraft I have purchased. I’m still using FSXSE and fly around 7 tp 10 hrs/week. I miss real life flying, but it just got too damn expensive. Retirement and age cause some financial and physical limitations we all eventually have to come to terms with I suppose. Not complaining, just saying that my A2A aircraft keep me interested in flying and give me a means to continue to participate in something I really miss. This is possible thanks to the developers at A2A.
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

SJDobby
Airman

Post by SJDobby »

Buffy Foster wrote:Same here, but it's about 95% GA or more even. Thank you for making such great planes for us! \o/
I have this weekend been clearing out my hangar of (nearly) everything that isn't A2A, simply because I don't want to just fly my planes : I want to feel like I own them. And Scott and his team continue to prove that A2A is (thus far) the only company whose products make us feel like that.

"If it ain't A2A, I won't do GA" :)
ImageImage

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

500 variables ? but but but ! there's only one moving part in a turbojet engine ! ... woops ! :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”