X plane?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
cessna lover

X plane?

Post by cessna lover »

does any one have X plane and fly on it? I was looking to try it. but I wonder if the prop planes have a flat disk for a propeller like the default FSX planes or if they are like the A2A propellers?

CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

Re: X plane?

Post by CessnaSkypilotN7365W »

old issues, old wishes, old excuses.

I have myself put off going to X-Plane for the simple fact that no matter who builds the platform, default planes suck, and I can't take my A2A plane with me.
For some unknown reason in this new age of flight simming, big expositions, conferences, and a community that spans the globe, Laminar Research and A2A refuse to be locked in a room together until they resolve their differences and act like they are both fighting for the good of the community, a common goal, and get their ?()^ together. Apparently LR does not see all of us die-hard A2A fans out here patiently waiting for the day we can fly our planes on their platform. Or we drop dead from holding our breath, whichever comes first. Guess they don't realize how many of us there are out here looking in and waiting, or they simply don't give a damn. Me personally, I refuse to give my money to a company not in it for the whole.

And A2A please save your breath explaining the problem. Blah, blah, blah. WE ARE SICK OF EXCUSES! :evil: :evil:

jmho

Roger

monica6211
Staff Sergeant

Post by monica6211 »

cessna lover wrote:does any one have X plane and fly on it? I was looking to try it. but I wonder if the prop planes have a flat disk for a propeller like the default FSX planes or if they are like the A2A propellers?
To answer your question.... some planes do have flat disks, but many do not. Even the default aircraft like the 172 are not flat.
Well, Back to Flying,
Monica

ImageImageImageImageImage

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

CessnaSkypilotN7365W wrote: And A2A please save your breath explaining the problem. Blah, blah, blah. WE ARE SICK OF EXCUSES! :evil: :evil:
Um... I'm not sure this post counts as "blah, blah, blah... EXCUSES!" But of course, YMMV...
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Every time one of these topics comes up, people get all pissy and stupid.
ImageImage
ImageImage

monica6211
Staff Sergeant

Post by monica6211 »

CodyValkyrie wrote:Every time one of these topics comes up, people get all pissy and stupid.
I know what you mean. It's like FSX/P3D is one gang, and X-Plane is another gang, and they are fighting each other for their lives. Why is it that everyone has to make a big deal about the different sims? There is no "better sim", there is no "worse" sim, each has its pros and cons. But it is not like one is going to kill the other. I guess I'm a double agent because I use all of them. Why can't we all get along and be happy that we all have options that fullfil our needs, and stop all this negativity? The world is bad enough as it is, so let's make our virtual worl a world of peace.
Well, Back to Flying,
Monica

ImageImageImageImageImage

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Monica, it is exactly like Mac versus PC. PC users don't care that Mac exists, but Mac users care a lot that the PC exists. Do any FSX users care that XP exists? Are FSX users going to XP communities to bash XP? The FSX communities get that all too often from XP users.

It was just as bad in the Microsoft Flight forums when those existed. XP users seemed like a fanatical cult. MS Flight shouldn't have even affected them.

I am interested in the benefits of XP, but no one seems willing to talk about them. They just want to bash FSX. This forum has been the friendliest in that regard though.

There may be a reason why this parallels Mac vs PC: Didn't XP start off as a Mac program a long time ago?

Hook

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

It seems some folks aren‘t kept occupied...

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I just re-read Roger's post a few times to try to figure out exactly what he was saying. What I took away was this:

XPlane's default aircraft suck. I'd be surprised if they sucked worse than the FSX default, some of which were made for FS9; at least XPlane's defaults are newer. But then, I am flying several of those FS9 vintage aircraft and loving them, although by the time I'm finished with them they aren't exactly stock. The XPlane defaults are probably better than he thinks, even if they aren't up to A2A standards. After all, what is?

Laminar seems to be the problem. Not A2A. You wouldn't know it by his final comment though. It is Laminar he is not giving his money to, not A2A.

Alan linked to a post with the official explanation (thanks for that) which seems reasonable enough to me.

Hook

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Haven't tried it. At this point I'm tied to A2A. Where they go, I will follow.

CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

Post by CessnaSkypilotN7365W »

Hey folks.

I apologize if I came off sounding pissy. I'm not at all. I'm over it. I just find it unbelievable that the problem(s) can't be resolved, regardless of whose to blame. I don't care. I'm just sick of the pointed fingers. After all, it's all for the common goal of us simmers, right? It truly is a loss for LR to not get us die-hard A2A follower's money. At least not mine.

And yes, this subject is a hornet's nest cause in the back of our minds we all can't believe this problem even exists. Let alone persists!

Me, I keep flying along in my custom painted Skylane on FSX :D ...patiently waiting...

Roger
,over...

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

CessnaSkypilotN7365W wrote:Hey folks.

I apologize if I came off sounding pissy. I'm not at all. I'm over it. I just find it unbelievable that the problem(s) can't be resolved, regardless of whose to blame. I don't care. I'm just sick of the pointed fingers. After all, it's all for the common goal of us simmers, right? It truly is a loss for LR to not get us die-hard A2A follower's money. At least not mine.

And yes, this subject is a hornet's nest cause in the back of our minds we all can't believe this problem even exists. Let alone persists!

Me, I keep flying along in my custom painted Skylane on FSX :D ...patiently waiting...

Roger
,over...
It's really not all that complicated to understand. It's not that A2A has any objection to X-Plane or is avoiding X-Plane for cause. It's simply that we are deeply invested in FSX and P3D development as well as other critical programs important to our success as a company. At the present time X-Plane just isn't compatible with our business model. Perhaps some day it will, but right now our resources are directed elsewhere.
It's not rocket science. We are simply not at this time developing for X-Plane. We don't have any problems with X-Plane or its followers. Quite simply, if someone has an interest in X-Plane there are places they can go to satisfy that interest. We have no objection with that and wish these people well.
Dudley Henriques

chadryan
Senior Airman

X plane?

Post by chadryan »

I use both X-Plane and P3D. P3D for A2A and my Leonardo MD-82 and X-Plane for everything else. I don’t think you have to pick a sim. Install them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

You know, it works both ways. I suspect there would be severe glaciation in Hades before Laminar made an aircraft for FSX or P3D. A2A already proved what is possible with physics and flight models. Laminar could put their flight model in plane for FSX and I'm sure a few people would be interested. It might even get them interested in switching to XPlane.

FSX/P3D users can already buy some incredible night lighting add-ons. What besides flight model and night lighting does XPlane offer over FSX? For the kind of flying I do I need something more than a Plausible World.

And thanks, Mr. Henriques, for a good explanation.

Hook

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

chadryan wrote:I use both X-Plane and P3D. P3D for A2A and my Leonardo MD-82 and X-Plane for everything else. I don’t think you have to pick a sim. Install them both.
This ^

Its 2018, there is more choice for flight simmers right now than ever before. If you are limiting yourself to a single platform that is a user issue, don't limit yourself and then complain your hobby is limited as its just not true and a self imposed limitation.

I have and use to different degrees, FSX, P3D, XP11, AFS2, IL-2 CLOD, IL-2:BOS, BOM, Badenplatte, Flying Circus, DCS, CFS3, ETC ETC ETC.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”