Aircraft lighing problems in FSX

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
delta88
Airman Basic

Aircraft lighing problems in FSX

Post by delta88 »

I do a fair bit of maintenance to my FSX, beta testing, trying out freeware stuff etc. Everything gets backed up. Recently I noticed that most of my aircraft no longer display nav, beacon or strobe lights which is a common problem.

The add ons like A2A which come with their own light textures display great.

To fix the problem I...installed A2A 3D lights which did not work (although editing some A/C cfg. files to include the lights from the A2A Boeing 377 did work. These lights are different from the 3d lights package, I believe they are specific to the 377).

I then re installed the original FSX light textures which were not even actually missing so that did not work.

I then went back to my original FSX CFG. file which did not fix the problem.

The lights in question do work on AI planes and sometimes appear on the aircraft I am flying in spot view IF the plane is far away. Once the zoom is too close, they disappear.

Anyone?

Delta

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Re: Aircraft lighing problems in FSX

Post by bigjuicyspider »

I would take a look to see that you haven't effed up your EFFECTS folder. If you have backups, then restore the content of that folder. Restoring the texture files are meaningless unless they have the effects definition to work with. Also, I know its just a mistake, but these are actually the Accu-Feel forums.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

delta88
Airman Basic

Re: Aircraft lighing problems in FSX

Post by delta88 »

I restored the Effects folder, it made no difference.

Where should I have posted this?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”