Prepare 3D

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Pop
Airman

Prepare 3D

Post by Pop »

Will any of the a/c work in P3D?

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Re: Prepare 3D

Post by Dangerous Beans »

The Cub works great.
The other two I've tried, B-17 & B377 Mostly work but theres some problems with the joystick config programs.
The B-17 wont install directly to P3D so you need to copy it over from FSX but the Cub & B377 will install directly.

You need to add the dll.xml entries manually though and if you also have them installed in FSX they will share any flight hours and engine wear data between both Sims.

Asus Strix Z270H
i7-7700K
16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
MSI GTX 1070 GamingX
Corsair H100i V2 Cooler
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case
Asus VE276Q 27" Monitor 1920x1080
Win 10

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

I had an effects issue with the Spitfire - the "boiling coolant" effect was running constantly, even though the aircraft was operating well within parameters.

I got the B-17G running without any issues after copying it over, until I had problems with the ATC radio, but that's a P3D bug, not an Accu-Sim issue.

Ian P.

Pop
Airman

Post by Pop »

Scott, What say you???

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Pop,

none of our current product range officially work in P3D they are as advertised, FSX or FS2004 etc products. So you will have to go on the answers above.

We did recently work with Redbird simulations though and there Pier cub simulator was our cub with there hardware in the P3D environment.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVnlfra7gk0[/youtube]

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

Just to add to Lewis' s comments, I searched through the other P3D threads and found the one with Scotts input.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 3d#p212198
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Scott and Lewis have been saying that there will be more news regarding their plans quite soon, so I think we should wait for that.

oyvjohns
Airman First Class

Post by oyvjohns »

Will any of the a/c work in P3D?
Yes without problems.

Two things you have to do so you dont have to edit your dll.xml and copy files and folders to P3D. (Im not a fan of that)

#1: Download and install the Freeware FSXRegUtility and set this up with the path to your Prepar3D instalation.
Set up and check your path in both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Wery easy.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Regi ... lity.shtml

#2: If you have FSX installed on your rig, copy your FSX.EXE from your FSX Root folder and Paste it into Prepar3D Root folder.

When you do this most of the original instalers is working flawless and installs your models / sceneryes directly to your Prepar3D instalation.

Couple of tips though.
Make an efford to install P3D and FSX on different hard drives.
P3D is a bit ticklish when installed together with FSX and can go Fatal Error on you.
Also disable your UAC and install and run everything as Administrator.
This saves you from lots and lots of trouble.
I have done exactly this and are now running every A2a and Accusim product in Prepar3D without any issues.

PS: Official P3D is not working with Track IR, but after a little small edit, its running perfect.

In my mind this is the Sim for the future, and im not using anything else.
Its only a couple of products i havent been able to install from my FSX now, but we are working on it.

Hope this was helpful?
Good luck.

Pop
Airman

Post by Pop »

What is the 'small edit" to get TIR working???

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

There is nothing we have seen or heard from customers who have used our aircraft in P3D to indicate any compatibility issues. We've tried some of the aircraft ourselves and also have not seen any issues.

However, we have not put the aircraft through a rigorous testing program.

Customers are free to install any of our products into P3D. It is very possible that there are no issues - we just cannot guarantee it at this point, but the longer we go without any reported issues, the better it looks.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

oyvjohns
Airman First Class

Post by oyvjohns »

What is the 'small edit" to get TIR working???
Search and you will find..
Easy "manual" here.
http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... mber=51979

I can confirm that this small edit work just fine.
My Track Ir is smooth and stabil.

Scott.
I use my A2A and Accusim models alot in P3D, and i have found absolutely nothing to complain about.
No errors or issues appears in P3 that aint present in FSX.
What do i use?
Accusim P-51 (Favourite)
Accusim P-40
Accusim B-17
Accusim Spit
Accusim J-3 Cub
A2A P-47
A2A F4U Corsair
And i also have the Accu-feel package installed.

I had alot of Fatal errors on my first instalation, this probably because i had P3D installed on the same disc as FSX.
But after i reinstalled P3 on a clean disc and took the time to do it the way it should. It works just great.

Just wanted to post this so you guys that wondering about it gets a confirmation that it works.

Ps: In P3 the flow-the FPS-the speed feeling in low level flight with a Accusim plain is in a class of its own..

Again Good luck.

Pop
Airman

Post by Pop »

Did you get "Accu Feel" working? How, if you did?
My a/c are working great as well. P3D+REX+A2A=WONEREFUL. Flew a MP yesterday-smooth! The sim of the things to come.

oyvjohns
Airman First Class

Post by oyvjohns »

Read my tip #1 and #2 a couple of post up.

#1: Download and install the Freeware FSXRegUtility and set this up with the path to your Prepar3D instalation.
Set up and check your path in both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Wery easy.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Regi ... lity.shtml

#2: If you have FSX installed on your rig, copy your FSX.EXE from your FSX Root folder and Paste it into Prepar3D Root folder.

When you do this most of the original instalers is working flawless (Also Accufeel ) and installs your models / sceneryes directly to your Prepar3D instalation.

Pop
Airman

Post by Pop »

I d/l'ed the util program and understand what it does with the registry, fooling installs to "think" P3D is FSX, but what if I want to install a addon to FSX? Will I get a choice as to where to "place" the add on???

PS Got the TIR working great in P3D.
PSS Wonder if the FSX ACC pack would be "fooled" as well???

oyvjohns
Airman First Class

Post by oyvjohns »

Hey Pop.
Glad to hear that you getting there.
You wrote:
but what if I want to install a addon to FSX? Will I get a choice as to where to "place" the add on???
Absolutly no prob. Just enter FSXRegUtility and set the path to your FSX instalation instead of your Prepar3D and run your installer.
In this utility program you choose where you want to instal.
Simpel simpel and it works great.

When it comes to FSX Acc pack i dont see any reason to try and instal that into P3D.
Im not shure but i would not be surprised if you get alot of trouble after that.
The airfields that comes with Acc is easy enough to copy over, and i wont see any of the plains from the pack in my P3.
Naah. I would drop that.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”