A2A Development Update August 2012

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update August 2012

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Given that 3 weeks ago I coincidentally purged my flight sim hangar of the Carenado Cherokee, the Dreamfleet Dakota, and the Carenado Skylane, due to age, fidelity, and general disuse, I've been wondering what I was going to replace them with. So I'm happy to hear that these two GA planes are in development. I wonder why they decided to make a PA-28 instead of Comanche, though?
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

bigjuicyspider wrote:I wonder why they decided to make a PA-28 instead of Comanche, though?
Im gonna take an educated guess and say that, yes, they will be making a Comanche. After all, it's Scott's new baby.

They probably are doing the light singles before as they can make them quicker and development schedule and marketing makes more sense that way. The complex singles will follow.
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

Rarebear

Post by Rarebear »

Scott - A2A wrote:These posts are cracking me up, coming at the subjects from so many different angles.

Regarding the Comanche yokes, the aircraft had a wheel up after landing accident and had the right flap and aileron replaced. The guys worked like heck to rig it right, and managed to get it to fly pretty straight (still rolls a bit to the left). Needless to say, I'm learning a lot myself about properly rigging ailerons :)

As for the Cherokee and 172, yes, mods are something we're very much into doing.

I will say, the next three aircraft (C172, Cherokee, F104) will have great sound sets.

Scott.

hehe, I figured something like that. I had the wings removed on my 182 for 2 years and when I had them put back on the were off, when we got there I was like... what the heck! Ill just fly it like that for awhile lol. Good thing my Buddy A&P was there and he rigged them for me. he got it pretty close too without any dials or cards or measurements.

Great to hear about the Mods on the aircraft, This is something that at least IMO will put you guys WAY AHEAD of what anyone else is doing. I tell you what you guys have really just pulled me away from other developers and have MADE me an A2A fan.

Great stuff Best of Luck Scott!

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dangerous Beans »

I like the sound of an Accusim C172, what year/model will it be ?

Asus Strix Z270H
i7-7700K
16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
MSI GTX 1070 GamingX
Corsair H100i V2 Cooler
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case
Asus VE276Q 27" Monitor 1920x1080
Win 10

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Thanks A2A. That is quite an update. Good to see some GA planes being developed.
Just a quick question, any news on the P40 accusim update?

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

This will be exciting because once you really add in the accusim goodies you can really either fly a brand new factory/overhauled 172 or a beat up old rental clunker. I have a few hours in some real clunkers...duct tape in the cabin, unpainted replacement control surfaces/cowlings/spinners...etc. Bugs on the windshield can be used as pitch attitude markers...tho don't confuse them for other airplanes :mrgreen:
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Jshek
Airman

Post by Jshek »

Well I never need to go anywhere else anymore. A2A for classics and GA. PMDG for Airliners. What more could you need?? I was hoping for the MKV or even a MKIX/XVI to join my MKI and P51 but the F4 will do just fine :D
Jshek
FASA Dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

ImageImage

Thog10
Airman

Post by Thog10 »

Great News! Thank you for all that you do! The J-3 is by far my favorite airplane for FSX, and I've been hoping we'd see some more GA offerings from A2A.

Oh, and the Mark V when it eventually comes out will also be very welcome!
B377 COS, J3, B-17G, Spit, P-40, P-51, C172, PA28, C182, PA24, V-Tail

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Thanks a lot, A2A... as if I didn't have enough on my plate currently, now I have to add anxiously awaiting your GA products to the list. :roll:

:wink:

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Well I must say I am so happy about the modern Mustang! I was working on back fitting the auto pilot 2D panels and tweaking the stock FSX autopilot in to the current one, but now I will be all stop on that effort. I really did not expect you guys to do that as I know you guys are purists in many ways about the birds which is understandable. I cannot wait to get it as it will make my long distance flying much easier than it currently is. That said it looks like everything is pretty far off, but have no doubts it will be worth it.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Rocket_Bird
Senior Airman

Post by Rocket_Bird »

A P-51 with full-IFR equipment and an old-school century III autopilot? OMG OMG OMG!! :mrgreen:

Question though: will there be discounts for owners of the current P-51 with Accusim? Is it just an upgrade or a separate package?

Looking forward to seeing the two GA planes as well.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Muwarr90
Airman

Post by Muwarr90 »

I almost forgot to ask the most important question....

Will Heidi be coming for rides in the new GA aircraft? :wink:

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Fantastic news all around! I'm totally psyched for the C172, as it was the only plane I ever soloed in back when I used to fly. And I'm ecstatic to see the modern P-51 that so many of us had asked for!

Scott, you scared me big time when you mentioned the 2 Aircraft Factory models in development... The screen panned down to the AT-6 Texan picture :shock: and I went "NOOOOOOO, they're doing my favorite plane and it WON'T have Accusim!!!!" :evil:

Needless to say, I was relieved and continue to hope that one day you will make us a nice shiny AT-6/SNJ with Accusim. 8)

Thanks for taking the time to keep us up to date!

Joe
Joe

r4y30n
Technical Sergeant

Post by r4y30n »

Muwarr90 wrote:I almost forgot to ask the most important question....

Will Heidi be coming for rides in the new GA aircraft? :wink:
Haha, indeed.

In other news, I assume the radar and inertial navigation are going to take a lot of testing time with the F-104 and F-4?

-Dave
Image Image Image

Yob
Airman First Class

Post by Yob »

Can't wait for the piper, my favorite Ga plane :D , just a quick question which will come first, and can you provide us some still images of the piper.

And i know you don't say release dates, i respected you for that, but just wondering if the Ga and the 104 and F-4 will be released this year.

Now i want to become a beta tester?
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”