A2A Development Update August 2012

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update August 2012

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Roadburner426 wrote:It is not that they are ignoring older products, but as Accu-sim evolves it is tweaking all of the aircraft in the line (from Spit to P-51). So I think as they wind up refining the Accu-sim core engine stuff will be fixed in all of the planes as they go. I am not sure how Accu-feel works with those updates as that is the only product I do not have.
In a perfect world, yes. But take for instance the drag/power issues that have been reported on the P-40. I have the philosophy that unless your core physics engine is quite literally perfect, that you are never going to get a perfectly plug-and-play type system in which all the older dependencies can be trusted to just fall into place. The more centralized the design, the more emphasis needs to be placed on regression testing. It almost goes without saying that the more one tries to streamline the production pipeline by adding increasing levels of object centralization and encapsulation that you also increase the risk of getting into a one-size-fits-all-but-none-well type situation.

EDIT: Removed double cut and paste
Last edited by bigjuicyspider on 16 Aug 2012, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

It is going to be addressed. Don't fret.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

My opinion is A2A should just do exactly what they want and what they are passionate about. Personally I am going to buy the whole lot (Ihave the whole lot they have released with accusim) and have stopped buying Orbx scenaries (and all others) completely and almost all other aircraft to fund these purchases.

Of course I am not saying we cannot have and shouldn't have opinions.

My experience however in my personal case is simply this - I would never have picked myself buying the Cub, 377 or the Jug from looking on the net about those planes for all kinds of personal reasons that my mind often comes up with.

I even thought I would never buy the B17 at one point being a real high speed and aerobatic fighter pilot kind of guy coming to FSX by way of IL2-1946.

They all rock my world....majorly. There is real love that has been put into these planes.

So bring them on whatever and whenever.....I am in no rush as I am still clocking up the hours (and repairs to my landing gears) with all the existing ones.

I am happy they come few or one at a time with the frequency they do. It gives me time to know the aircraft better before the next one comes. That said I fly them all.

When I go home tonight it will be COTS from Osaka to Fukuoka !

Thank you all at A2A. Your creations bring joy to my life.

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

After some thought, I wanted to say a big thanks for also bringing in the civilian P51. I havent flown much of the current one and one thing I disliked over of the Spit was the amount of in your face VC because of the gun sight which is not going to be in the civilian P51. So this new to come P51 is going to be a great plane for me.

However, I've longed for wanting to build a full gauge simpit but have always thought its stupid to buy oil temp and pressure gauges when there is no actual addon plane that models the need to use these gauges until this announcement. So, now I am looking at spending some bucks on hardware to make a C172 simpit using usb gauges to where I dont use the VC but full screen on my monitor.

I think I could do it and still keep the simpit user friendly to other planes as well. But while I plan it out, will wait to see the final product of the C172 to determine what I do.

I feel many flight schools using P3D will greatly benefit for this coming C172 as well as hardware makers that make gauges designed for the C172. Many thanks guys!
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Yob
Airman First Class

Post by Yob »

please can we have floats on the piper. as a option like the 2 blade prop or three on the spitfire.
ImageImageImage

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

A lot has been going on since the last development update. Great news here!

I would be really interested to know which C172 is being modelled, an F, N? I would also be really happy to see Reality XP compatibility in the way that RealAir and Lotus incorporated it (using a 3D mask in the VC), given that the C172 I spent a few hours in had a GNS430 in it...

Two GAs as partners for the Cub... great news.

The little time I currently get to spend on FSX is divided between A2A (Spitfire, Cub, Thunderbolt, planning on P40 and P51 in due course), PMDG (NGX, JS41,MD11) and RealAir (Duke, Duke Turbine, Lancair)... nearly all others are very much neglected, as they are all mere shadows compared to A2A and the other developers in my eyes...

Sounds like fanboyism, but there is nothing but the truth...

May I add that the passion behind Accusim has opened a whole new world to me. I have been to Flying Legends the last 2 years, watching the Mustangs and Spitfires wheeling around the skies of Cambridgeshire in awe. Accusim, and the interaction it enables, brings me so much closer to the experience. Thank you for that A2A!

A
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

Yob wrote:Image

please can we have floats on the piper. as a option like the 2 blade prop or three on the spitfire.

Too funny.. I have never seen a low wing piper single with floats before...
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

budmorgan
Staff Sergeant

Post by budmorgan »

How bout them apples! The 140 probably couldn't hit 80 knots in a dive!

Cheers

Bud
Buddy Morgan

ImageImageImage

i5 2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB - EVGA GTX 570 Fermi

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Can you imagine trying to get inside? Climb onto the pontoon, then onto the wing, while the aircraft is pitching with the water motion... :shock:

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

budmorgan wrote:

How bout them apples! The 140 probably couldn't hit 80 knots in a dive!

Cheers

Bud

No doubt. Without floats and wheel pants installed. 110 KTAS at 2200 rpm was all she had. But it did have a climb prob. The Cruiser was still the easiest plane to spot land for me. No float, has a very predictable flair even with crosswind and gusty conditions.
Buzz313th

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

That Cherokee 235 is going to be a little hotrod 8)

Hey Scott, I wonder if you guys are considering implementing some sort of structual icing aspect into these next series of GA planes. Structural icing is a real danger that pilots must deal with and plan accordingly...especially in small GA craft that lack de-icing equipment. There are some new technologies such as Thermawing that are being implemented on small GAs such as Lancairs, but from what I have read it is quite expensive and unsure if it is actually FAA certified for flight into known icing.

The downside of having a structural icing feature it does limit where you fly, like the real world, so flying around PNW in the winter could be quite challenge.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

pilottj wrote:That Cherokee 235 is going to be a little hotrod 8)

Hey Scott, I wonder if you guys are considering implementing some sort of structual icing aspect into these next series of GA planes. Structural icing is a real danger that pilots must deal with and plan accordingly...especially in small GA craft that lack de-icing equipment. There are some new technologies such as Thermawing that are being implemented on small GAs such as Lancairs, but from what I have read it is quite expensive and unsure if it is actually FAA certified for flight into known icing.

The downside of having a structural icing feature it does limit where you fly, like the real world, so flying around PNW in the winter could be quite challenge.

Cheers
TJ
Unfortunately the icing model in fsx is a joke and nobody has took the time to code a realistic icing model worthy of taking the time to flip on the deicing/anti-ice equip. Induction icing has a dangerous model, but all structural icing is, like I said, a joke.

Speaking of which, I just thought of something. Hey Scott, could Accu-Feel be coded to simulate a realistic structural icing model? If so, it would have huge market value in my opinion.
Buzz313th

Ishigami
Airman First Class

Post by Ishigami »

Nice update though I have to say it is a little bit disappointing that the F-104 and F-4 seem to be still far away.
The two GA are well appreciated. I wonder which one I should choose...

Corkscrew196
Airman First Class

Post by Corkscrew196 »

empeck - A2A wrote:Guys, if you want C172 render for your desktop, here is one.

Link to the full HD (1920x1080) resolution:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/202612/czyde/FSX/C172_0001.jpg

I hate it when two companies that I highly esteem develop the same aircraft (C172)

http://realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=coming

I'm certainly not going to buy both. Any chance you guys team up?!

Corkscrew

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

pilottj wrote:Hey Scott, I wonder if you guys are considering implementing some sort of structual icing aspect into these next series of GA planes. Structural icing is a real danger that pilots must deal with and plan accordingly...especially in small GA craft that lack de-icing equipment. There are some new technologies such as Thermawing that are being implemented on small GAs such as Lancairs, but from what I have read it is quite expensive and unsure if it is actually FAA certified for flight into known icing.
Realistic pitot tube icing would also be great, especially with these typical trainer aircraft.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”