A2A Development Update August 2012

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update August 2012

Post by Caldemeyn »

Very finest work, im thrilled to see the effects of it, so much new, hope it won't reduce the quality of those addons.

Any news about core updates ? 8)

KPenn5
Airman

Post by KPenn5 »

Only concerned getting the Double Ugly in my hanger!!!
--Kyle--
ImageImage

Levkovvvv
Staff Sergeant

Post by Levkovvvv »

It sounds interesting, but I am afraid you guys are starting to suffer from what I like to call "aerosoft sindrome". You are developing 5 products simultaniously. I hope that won't lead to reduction in quality of your products...
Image Владимир Левков / Vladimir Levkov
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

PZl Belfegor
Airman First Class

Post by PZl Belfegor »

Very interesting, thanks for publishing. I find the decision to develop for Combat Pilot strange, as I had the idea that A2A first wanted to master the physics of jet engine with the F-104 acting as "engine testbed" and then proceed to more sophisticated planes... and now A2A aims to create two jet trainers and one turboprop. Even more strange in spite of two nicely done freeware addons (Dino's T-45 and Iris T-6) and upcoming payware T-38C (by company which name is censored on the boards). The CP planes will certainly sell better with A2A logo, but I rather see the company focus on complex simulation and Accu-Sim development. This is of course written from perspective of someone not interested in multiplayer.

I thought that the second Aircraft Factory plane would be certain 4 engine bomber, what a surprise that it's WWI fighter.

GA airplanes will probably become very popular, as the community demanded them for a long time, and there are not many small civilian airplane able to compete with A2A standards. With the Commanche available to provide information regarding real operations, I believe we will see some features not available in flight simulation up to date ;)

Which P-51 is the civilian cockpit based on? Is the GPS removable or can it be replaced with custom avionics? Flat VC section would suffice, but now providing 3d bezels for most popular 3rd party gauges is becoming a standard.

JohnHubb
Airman

Post by JohnHubb »

Great stuff! Looking forward to the Piper especially, but the Cessna too. Will definitely purchase both.
Keep up the good work!

budmorgan
Staff Sergeant

Post by budmorgan »

I'm VERY excited for what's around the corner!
Levkovvvv wrote:It sounds interesting, but I am afraid you guys are starting to suffer from what I like to call "aerosoft sindrome". You are developing 5 products simultaniously. I hope that won't lead to reduction in quality of your products...
I wouldn't worry much about this. I think where the difference lies, and I'm sure Scott will agree, is that each new build is not a ground up build. The Accusim core module has been developed into a platform over the years that will be the foundation. I would be much more concerned if they were working on 5 "one-offs" simultaneously.

One thing that I REALLY hope for is RXP GPS unit integration, much like the RealAir Duke. I have no clue how difficult it would be to add this functionality, but as far as Garmin gauges go, Reality XP is by far the best on the market.

Cheers!

Bud
Buddy Morgan

ImageImageImage

i5 2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB - EVGA GTX 570 Fermi

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Yeah, the whole idea of the Accu-sim Core engine was that it could be adapted to different kinds or aircraft relatively easy by changing engine parameters instead of having to develop it from the ground up for each aircraft. I think the graphical modelling of an aircraft only takes a few months which should leave enough resources to work on all the little things that add character to a specific aircraft. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

Scott, it's so weird to see your face while you're talking! I'm used to hearing your disembodied voice haunting my B-17 :-) I just knew in the back o my head when the gauge panel sneak peek was released that the P-51 was gonna get a modern gauge set option. :-)

Personally I like the original gauges, but this should be a hugetastic hit. Mazel Tov on the acquisition of the Piper! Super great idea - now you guys can get to the aircraft you're modelling a whole lot faster, and without having to put up with airlines to boot.

An Accusim 172 - I'll delete FSX's stock one. :-)

Take your time with the Zipper - I'm still grinnin' and spinnin' the Mustang. Turbojets I imagine are a whole different world than props - just creating a logic system for flameouts would be overwhelming.

Sweet job, guys. Keep up the super work.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Mig_Driver wrote:An Accusim 172 - I'll delete FSX's stock one. :-)
Did that a long time ago. I'll delete the Carenado one! :lol:
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

The modern Mustang is really a dream come true for me -
Will it be a "bolt-on" update for the current model, or will it be a new variant for the current P-51, which means a new accusim-model with separate maint hangar?

BR,
E.
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

My only critique, and I mean this in the best and most constructive way possible, is that I wish they would be a little more timely and active in supporting some of the products they already have. Still waiting for solid refinements to Accu-Feel, and some fixes to a variety of other things on the P-40 and other odds and ends. I hope those don't get the back burner treatment, and unfortunately it kinda looks that way. That said, I'm glad to hear they are forging ahead and making something more "traditional" as Cherokee. I have absolutely no single engine GA in my hangar right now, and some of the current offerings out there now are said to be outstanding (like Lancair or Diamond-whatever), but they just look so...um...odd and post-modern to me, that I just haven't been able to hit the "buy" button.

I wholeheartedly second the good 'ole boy's suggestion that Reality XP integration is a highly desireable feature, since it is the actual Garmin code itself, essentially.
Last edited by bigjuicyspider on 16 Aug 2012, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Remember there are more than just Scott and Lewis. There are a couple of coders on the team so you can have multiple things going on at the same time in various stages of development. I think it's good to have a few projects going on because when you hid a roadblock on one, you can work on the other for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

blackhawks
Technical Sergeant

Post by blackhawks »

Thanks for the update!! Much more excited about certain releases than others, but whatever makes money for accusim development I see as a good thing. Congrats on the Navajo (EDIT: Comanche... oops), and thanks for the video from Rantoul. I was down there two weekends ago and very much wanted to crawl around the mustang like you guys did.

+1 for the Spit V expansion someday.
Last edited by blackhawks on 16 Aug 2012, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
-mike

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

A Navajo, or better yet the Chieftan, would be fun for a TurboCharged Twin Piper Workhorse. Would probably sell well as an accusim addon, as the bushpilot guys would love it. It's also considered as one of the best and most used moneymakers for part 135 operators that were just starting out and couldn't afford the Metroliners or Caravans.

Current market value for them is a testament to their worth... even with 8000 plus hours on em...
http://www.controller.com/list/list.asp ... +CHIEFTAIN

Killer plane for single pilot IFR too. Any step up from the Chieftan and your toting around a meatbag in the right seat building SIC time.

;)
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

It is not that they are ignoring older products, but as Accu-sim evolves it is tweaking all of the aircraft in the line (from Spit to P-51). So I think as they wind up refining the Accu-sim core engine stuff will be fixed in all of the planes as they go. I am not sure how Accu-feel works with those updates as that is the only product I do not have.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”