A2A Cessna C172 any news on this?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: A2A Cessna C172 any news on this?

Post by Molly - A2A »

sdflyer wrote:I wonder what happens sooner A2A release 172R or I buy an airplane :)
With A2A & Accusim they are one and the same ;)

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Hi,

what i want to add here is my interest also for the Piper Cherokee. I also expect the Piper with the same anticipation as the Cessna. :wink:
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

molleh wrote:
sdflyer wrote:I wonder what happens sooner A2A release 172R or I buy an airplane :)
I'm talking about not A2A airplane

Boon1986
Staff Sergeant

Post by Boon1986 »

any new or not :?: :oops:
PIC of:
GA: C172-/C182-/P28-180-/P250-/ -Accu-Sim
P250- / -Accu-Sim-2.0
WOS: B377-L049-COTS-/PJ3-/ -AccuSim
WOP: P40-/Spitfire-/B17-/P51-/ -AccuSim

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=35451

From the new sticky at the top of the page... this keeps getting better, gonna be well worth the wait!

Joe
Joe

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

sdflyer wrote:
molleh wrote:
I'm talking about not A2A airplane
Molleh was talking about "not A2A airplane" too! :-D This is going to be as close to a real airplane as it's ever gotten in any flight sim. The biggest difference between a real aircraft and the A2A version will be the cost.

Hook

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

So a2a shoot also for an operator not only a pilot:)

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

Hook wrote:
sdflyer wrote: Molleh was talking about "not A2A airplane" too! :-D This is going to be as close to a real airplane as it's ever gotten in any flight sim. The biggest difference between a real aircraft and the A2A version will be the cost.

Hook
You mean a2a will have all ADs done before release ? Lol

Boon1986
Staff Sergeant

Post by Boon1986 »

JoeS475 wrote:http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=35451

From the new sticky at the top of the page... this keeps getting better, gonna be well worth the wait!

Joe
thanks joe.
PIC of:
GA: C172-/C182-/P28-180-/P250-/ -Accu-Sim
P250- / -Accu-Sim-2.0
WOS: B377-L049-COTS-/PJ3-/ -AccuSim
WOP: P40-/Spitfire-/B17-/P51-/ -AccuSim

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Accusim C172 - enine sounds

Post by Nico081 »

Hi Scott,

what about engine sounds for the upcoming C172. The background for this question is a past issue i detected in one of the P51 threads.

Generally i love to have an powerful engine sound, rather a bit more than too less. I know we have an IO-360 here and no Wright Cyclone radial engine, but playing with the throttles and produce some backfireing sounds too nice :wink:

My P51 issue was the well detectable engine spoolup sound difference between virtual cockpit view and external view. The external spoolup sound is much more sluggish while the internal sound is equal to the present RPM.
You guys said, that this is an issue relating to two different sound sources. While the internal sound is managed by A2A, the external sound by FSX itsself. I hope to remember right.
Meanwhile has there anything changed due to improved programming technology?
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

It has nothing to do with the sound sources, it is that FSX differentiates the difference between the two. The problem is that FSX does not automatically get the two sources to talk to each other, or even for that matter, match them together. A2A has no control over this. The fix is to generally make the samples of equal lengths, but since Accu-Sim produces dynamic startups, they are not synced. This is true for basically all Accu-Sim aircraft and as far as I am aware nothing can be done unless you start ripping apart the source code for FSX itself.

I know it is rare on these forums to say this is an FSX issue that cannot be fixed, but unless they come up with a new way to sync the sounds via SimConnect (don't really think it's possible), nothing can be really done for now. This is an FSX issue. The main reason you're hearing such a dramatic difference is because the way Accu-Sim itself handles startups. It adds a lot of different code, from fuel, to oxygen, throttle input, etc. etc. etc. No two engine starts are the same because of this. I'm not sure if it is a first for FSX, but it is certainly not the norm (they are not using just basic samples), which is why I believe some people have noticed this.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Thanks for staff feedback, Cody.
P3D v3.2

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

AKar wrote:
sdflyer wrote:
AKar wrote: temperature corrections required for altimeters, and so on, are not there
I don't remember any temperature correction for an altimeter gauge. Perhaps you referring to some airspeed indicators which have TAS window and knob associated with it where you can adjust pressure altitude and temperature ?

Hi sdflyer,

No - I'm referring to the altimeter temperature correction. That's caused by variations of density of the air above the points of measure. One of those being the static connection of the altimeter, and another the level on which the reference pressure (= current local altimeter setting) is measured. Put simple, the temperature error is caused by the more/less dense (in colder/warmer than in ISA respectively) column of air between you and the level of reference weighing more/less than in ISA. That affects the difference in static pressure between you and the reference point. And that difference is what the barometric altimeter indicates. It's not an altimeter per se, it's a pressure gauge calibrated approximately in feet of altitude in ISA atmosphere.

Not being a pilot and not keeping myself current with this, I stand ready to be corrected, but if I recall, an approximate way to estimate your temperature correction would be ~4 ft per 1000 ft above point of reference per degrees of Celsius under ISA (+15'C)

For example, if you're flying 5000 ft indicated above your airfield with local altimeter setting, in a temperature of, let's say, - 20 degrees centigrade being 35 degrees under ISA - a typical northern winter day, that would make a true altitude being approximately: 4 ft x 5 kft x 35'C = 525 ft less than indicated - that being an error of a significant degree.

I should add that the discussion above would obviously assume standard lapse rate at least, probably some other simplifications also.

Edit: The same effect of temperature to air density is also what causes the IAS to be a bit dependent on the air temperature, as the density of the air affects both dynamic pressure, or 'ram pressure', and static pressure of the air.
This is how you calculate your pressure altitude, and hence your density altitude with a pencil :)

There are just two pieces of information you’ll need for a rough approximation: pressure altitude and temperature. Where do you find this information? Easy: for temperature, you look at the thermometer in your airplane. For pressure altitude, set the window in your altimeter to 29.92. Whatever value it reads is pressure altitude. Finding pressure altitude when you're not sitting in the airplane is a bit more complicated, but here’s a nifty formula:

pressure altitude = (standard pressure - your current pressure setting) x 1,000 + field elevation.

That’s a pretty simple formula since two of the variables will always be the same and the other two are easy enough to find. Let’s say our current altimeter setting is 29.45 and the field elevation is 5,000 feet. That means (29.92 - 29.45) x 1,000 + 5,000 = 5,470 feet. Easy!

Now let’s move on to step two, finding density altitude. Here’s the formula:

density altitude = pressure altitude + [120 x (OAT - ISA Temp)]

Try this formula the next few times you go flying (or, just for fun, run some scenarios using FSX) and before you know it you’ll be able find your ballpark density altitude without digging in your flight bag for that E6B.

OAT = Outside Air Temp ISA Temp = International Standard Atmosphere Temperature. Usually 15 deg Celsius.

From Flying Magazine:

Hope that helps. :)

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

andrew737 wrote:I soooo want this plane - I am hoping my patience is a virtue that will be rewarded greatly :)
LOL I'm so with you there Andrew lol... Each day I get up come in n see if it's available yet,
then for the next 10 mins.. it's *(^^$ $& then lil disappointment n on with the day lol

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Killratio wrote:
sdflyer wrote:[Moorabbin Airport in Piper Warrior two years ago..And guess what? With a lean mixture :D
Morrabin is 3600km East of me and 500km south. WA is 3.5 times the size of Texas and even the eastern border of WA is 1440km east of me. Morrabin is, on average 4C cooler and 20% more humid all year around. If you go ANOTHER 500km south of Morrabin, to the coldest part of Australia, you get only a 1C - 2C drop off in average temperature.

It is like saying "I've been to Orlando so I know exactly what the climate in Los Angeles is like. :wink:

Once you have tried to hot start an "R" after a 3 hour flight, with the temp on the tarmac at nearly 47C, you appreciate EVERY bit of extra cooling you can get.

I'm currently sitting here at 0820 in the dead of winter with the rain pelting outside and the temperature has plumetted to 14C.

That being said, even in winter, no-one here I have run across in 16 odd years of flying, ever leans on the ground.... :)
Yeh I have to say, I've never seen in the 172 here in Adelaide. It gets hotter and dryer here than it does where you are m8 but you get
better winters. lol

Not one instructor I had ever told me anything other than Mixture full rich for taxi. I'm very curious to see how A2A's 172 would handle
that. Never had a fouled plug in the 172, 152 or the Tomahawk (Spit puke flying brick). lol

Nice to see other Aussies out there into A2A :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”