After The He 219....

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.

What Is The Next WWII Aircraft Would You Like From WoP?

Poll ended at 21 Mar 2006, 09:57

de Havilland Mosquito
12%
P40
5%
P38
8%
Bf109
26%
T6/Havard/Texan
20%
F4F/FM2
5%
P61 'Black Widow'
15%
Me262
11%

Total votes: 66

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

robert41 wrote:I would like to see the JU88, HE111, and DO17 in a package.
Do a search for the "Groundcrew" site... their He111 still holds up (with a little work on the FM). Also, I forget where I got it along time ago, but there are a few Ju88's that still hold up (albeit, again with FM work). Try Simviation for them(?).
WarHorse47 wrote:Currently, there are some nice payware versions of the P40, Bf-109 and F4F, and nice freeware version of the P-38 and T-6.
Freeware P-38 is fine, plus more coming in the payware department.

Semi-public freeware and public payware P-40's are fine.

Payware Bf 109 is lacking in the VC by screenshots.

Freeware Bf 109's are very severely lacking in the VC as they were adapted to FS9 from CFS2 designs.

Freeware T-6's are severely lacking in the VC department.
F4F... why would anybody in their right mind want to fly a Navy anything?!?!?! (*gotcha-mudmarine-grin*).
WarHorse47 wrote:There's also a payware P-61 somewhere, but I don't know much about it. My best guess is that none are by WoP standards, but they are available. Also, I hear there is a payware version of the Mosquito coming out.
P-61... I believe it's by Abacus and long in the tooth. Either of which would kill it for today's expectations.
Mosquito... looks real good in screenshots. I believe it will accompany a Lancaster package, and I forget if I read whether it will be available on it's own.

WarHorse47 wrote:So, by process of elimination that leaves the Me-262. It hasn't been produced for FS9 (one is in the works but its taking forever), and its a tricky bird to fly. Just the kind of aircraft for the next WoP.
While I know nothing about that 262 that's coming, I do know it's nice enough several people are suffering from severe drooling...

So by my scientific process of elimination (read: what I want no matter what *grin*), we need a good Bf 109 followed by a good T-6! (I couldn't vote due to noticing this thread too late. *grin*)

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

I don't understand why the majority at this time wants a ME109 ? There are plenty out there already with decent VCs. Sure it would be nice for Shockwave to do one but the thing that Shockwave does best is the reality and excellent VCs so we need to look at what has been missing that everyone wants to fly.

Over at SimHQ we have a number of people that are dying for a good AT6/SNJ trainer with a quality VC.

That is my vote....
Regards
Jib01/02
Now running the following...
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
GeForce 7950GT with 512mb DDR3
160Gig Sata drive

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Some of us only run Shockwave 3rd party aircraft. I only have one non shockwave aircraft. AH spitfire etal.
Snuffy

Li'lJugs
Senior Airman

Post by Li'lJugs »

I chose the "Texan" because that is a "fairly" common a/c, and I can "pretend" that I am really flying it better than some of the more exotic (in RL) a/c.

Same reason I spend most of my FS9 time in GA aircraft, I suppose.

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

Jib01 wrote:I don't understand why the majority at this time wants a ME109 ? There are plenty out there already with decent VCs.
Where? By whom? (You certainly don't mean that one payware or any of the freeware versions! LOL)

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Hawk, the 61 should be on it's wheels for display this year. It was supposed to be out last year for the show, but wasn't possible. Get your camera ready. LOL BTW, she's nowhere near ready to fly. Still a lot of work to do yet. :wink: Hope to see you at the show. If you go thru the Main Gate, that's where I'll be all weekend.

BTW.. I finally voted, I couldn't resist. Voted for the 109, seeing most of the a/c already done are for the ETO. I hope it's at least a G2 model.

Jib01, shame on you, that blasphmey. :wink: I doubt that any of the 109s out could compare to what Shockwave can do for it.
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

GT182 thats great that you work at an air museum too.
My father went with another 463rd B.G. member to donate a M2 .50 caliber Browning machine gun from the 463rd B.G. to a museum quite a while back.Apparently one of the people at the museum was an anti war anti gun guy because afterwards they had heard the M2 was disposed and not put up on display.
It's sad because the people at the bomber restaurant in Oregon are looking for 4 M2 .50 caliber browning machine guns to restore their B17(I think that it is called Lacey Lady).On vacation back in the late 1960's dad took us to that restaurant.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

I picked the F4F because it's a damn shame there hasn't been a WoP PTO aircraft done yet!!! That means Navy and Marine Corps!!! WE WANT AN ARRESTING HOOK and WE WANT IT NOW!!...Respectully :D Semper Fi, MudMarine

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

JJB17463rdBombGroup, seeing I live so far away from MAAM, I don't get down there as much as I'd like to. I do work the WWII Weekend and get to stop in a couple other times during the year. Their website is here... www.maam.org

I've seen pictures of Lacey Lady on the pole but don't have a link to it anymore. I sure hope they restore her completely one day.

There are too few of the B17s left, and even less flying. 10 is the last count I know of that still fly. This year I'll get to see 2 of them... Yankee Lady and 9O9. But the best I've not seen yet will be at MAAM this year, the only flying Avro Lancaster and 109E in North America.

If anyone has anything from WWII that they'd like to donate to a museum, I'd be glad to help get it to Mid Atlantic where it will be safe for future generations to see it.
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

mudmarine wrote:I picked the F4F because it's a damn shame there hasn't been a WoP PTO aircraft done yet!!! That means Navy and Marine Corps!!! WE WANT AN ARRESTING HOOK and WE WANT IT NOW!!...Respectully :D Semper Fi, MudMarine
The B29 is a WoP PTO aircraft. So are the B17's, P51 and the P47. Also the B24 . That means the Army Air Forces.
Last edited by AC on 25 Feb 2006, 00:42, edited 2 times in total.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

GT182 The bomber restaurant's website is

http://www.thebomber.com

Lacey Lady is currently planned on becoming a flyable warbird again according to their site.Thanks for the link.This year I'm going to take my mom to see the B-17 from the Collings Foundation that is scheduled to be in my town on June 28 to June 30.

We have a flyable restored German Me 262 in our area.And there is a B17 at the Boeing Air Museum in Seattle which is 40 miles north of me.
At the Olympia WA airport they had 2 piloted test bed versions of the
V-1 Buzz bomb on display in 2003.I want to see a V-2 (A-4) ballistic missile though.

Hey GT182 I just edited my post .This site although old has a link to B-17 survivors.It also has some other B-17 links too.

http://www.ratol.fi/~tmannine/b-17/index.htm

I know that there is another site that lists crash sites too.I will have to find it later.
Last edited by JJB17463rdBombGroup on 26 Feb 2006, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Let me spell it, Naval Aviation....Aircraft Carrier!! Well AC, the Army Air Corps ain't the Navy or Marine Corps! Never met many Saliors or Marine's that flew B29's. So there needs to be a WoP PTO Naval Aviation plane done. Not the AAC or Luftwaffe. A plane with an Arresting Hook, something that flys off a carrier, Please! Semper Fi, MudMarine

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I think I'm going to have to side with Mud on this one. I enjoy every second of being in the WOP planes that are there now and can't wait for the 219. There are many other aircraft that could be done that I would love to have as well. Such as the ones listed in the polls. Heck I would love to have every warbird from WWII from shockwave!!! I would still like to see a U.S. Navy plane though. I ment what I said about having every WWII bird from shockwave but the wife wouldn't be to happy once she got the credit card bill... hehehe :twisted: I would really like to see a HE-111/109's and possibly a spitfire to make a battle of britain feel for fs2004. Heck you guys have the models alreay so why not??????

dj51d
Senior Airman

Post by dj51d »

I had a hard time choosing, but setteled on the T-6/SNJ. IMHO, we really need a T-6 and P-61 up to todays standards.
Dan Johnson

tienmac
Airman

Harvard

Post by tienmac »

I vote for a Harvard Mk. 4 or IIB. As you know they are derivatives of the AT-6 Texan. I have lots of pictures and books for reference.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”