After The He 219....

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.

What Is The Next WWII Aircraft Would You Like From WoP?

Poll ended at 21 Mar 2006, 09:57

de Havilland Mosquito
12%
P40
5%
P38
8%
Bf109
26%
T6/Havard/Texan
20%
F4F/FM2
5%
P61 'Black Widow'
15%
Me262
11%

Total votes: 66

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

mudmarine wrote:Let me spell it, Naval Aviation....Aircraft Carrier!! Well AC, the Army Air Corps ain't the Navy or Marine Corps! Never met many Saliors or Marine's that flew B29's. So there needs to be a WoP PTO Naval Aviation plane done. Not the AAC or Luftwaffe. A plane with an Arresting Hook, something that flys off a carrier, Please! Semper Fi, MudMarine
Don't be condescending to me , Mud Marine.

I didn't learn about that war from history books or TV.

I fought that war and I know what planes won it.

I've got more over water flying time than any sailor or marine of that period.... and I have more time over the Japanese homeland and other enemy territory than they do.

... and I personally did more damage to the enemy than any of the navy fliers did.

You don't need a tail hook to "fly off" of a carrier, only to land on it.

Dolilttle's ARMY B25's "flew Off" of the carrier very well and they had no hooks.

And the Marine Corsairs made more landings on islands than on carriers, so made little use of hooks.

... and that's AAF not AAC

You ask nice for a representative Navy plane, instead of demanding one, and perhaps SHOCKWAVE will accomodate you.

And you stop dissing the AAF and maybe I won't tell you how to retract that tailhook.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Hang tight guys - i think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here.

Polls like this are certainly helpful, but right now, we're 100% concentrating on the next WoP aircraft. I've been away from my game PC for 4 days now and am in full withdrawl at the moment.

When I return we're going to finalize the He219 and hopefully complete it about 1 week into March.

Just remember, the aircraft we do is mostly based on a personal passion. Take the Focke Wulf and He219 as a perfect example. These clearly didn't happen due to a popularity contest, but at the same time we all do care a lot about what everyone wants, which is why a poll like this is nice to see.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

P-51Nut
Airman

Post by P-51Nut »

AC, you need to chill.

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

P-51Nut wrote:AC, you need to chill.

Who are you?

bahbee
Airman

Post by bahbee »

Scott,
As an artist, I understand about 'personal passion'. And I'd also like to point out that I believe that Shockwave's passion for warbirds has produced the unquestionable best add-ons for FS9 and CFS3. I don't have your stand-alone sims, but I do have everything you've done for FS9. Thanks for doing such a great job. :D

While I'm certain that any FS addon you release will sell well, wouldn't market research (like the poll in this thread) point you to add-ons that would sell even better?

I REALLY would like to see a de Havilland Mosquito from you guys!!

Signed,
A faithful customer 8)
"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you shall always long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

I'd like to hear about AC's sorties and missions.
It must be amazing(and dangerous !).Thanks AC for your extensive service in the U.S.A.A.F. and later the U.S.A.F.
I remember watching a documentary on the TV history channel called
"The last mission" about the very last mission in a B-29 superfortress over Japan.It was a fascinating story with a lot of coincidences that ended the war.The B-29 the bomber that ended the war with Japan.
My mom worked on them for a while as a worker for a subcontractor.
But mom mostly worked on the B-17.

Still a lot of credit should be given to naval aviators in the P.T.O.
They helped win the war too.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

JJB17463rdBombGroup wrote:I'd like to hear about AC's sorties and missions.
It must be amazing(and dangerous !).Thanks AC for your extensive service in the U.S.A.A.F. and later the U.S.A.F.
I remember watching a documentary on the TV history channel called
"The last mission" about the very last mission in a B-29 superfortress over Japan.It was a fascinating story with a lot of coincidences that ended the war.The B-29 the bomber that ended the war with Japan.
My mom worked on them for a while as a worker for a subcontractor.
But mom mostly worked on the B-17.

Still a lot of credit should be given to naval aviators in the P.T.O.
They helped win the war too.
I found the very last mission "Interesting" but I doubt if it was the one in the documentary even though we may have very well been the last B29 to drop bombs on Japan in WWII.

Because we lost an engine on the way to the Japanese Empire, we were very, very late to our rendevous...so late that as we approached the mainland of Japan all the formations of '29s were returning to base after having been over their targets and dropped their bombs.

As we coasted in, all alone, we were intercepted by a Jack 11 (Raiden) who lingered at our one o'clock just out of range. Every time he got up nerve to make a pass on us, as he would start in, I would throw a burst at him from the four gun upper nose turret and two gun lower nose turret, and he would change his mind.

The aircraft commander told me to choose a target of opportunity since we had one engine out, were alone and under attack, so I chose a complex of heavy flak batteries that had fired at us several times during earlier missions.

I figured it was my last chance to pay them back for sniping at us.

I turned my guns over to the CFC and lower right gunners , and while they took care of discouraging the fighter I laid two bomb bays full of 500 pound GPs right down the center of the complex.

After following through on the salvo control and before I closed the bomb doors I was tolds by the CFC gunner that the bomb bay gas tank had come loose on the left side and was hanging down between the doors, thus I should not close them.

Because a B-29 with an engine out , bomb doors open and a huge tank hanging down in the slipstream doesn't perrform well, and because we had a fighter on us, I wasted no time in leaving the nose, scrambling through the tunnel,asking for depressuriztion and then stepping across to the catwalk to get to the aft right front racks; while my CFC gunner followed me and stopped at the aft right rear racks.

At my count of three we each tripped the shackles holding the tank in the bomb bay.

The suction of the tank leaving the plane, pulled both of us out over the open bomb bay with 20,000 feet of air between us and the blue Pacific: each hanging onto the racks with one hand and one foot still on the catwalk... no chute, no oxygen masks.

I remember wondering if I were to spread eagle myself as I fell. and went in feet first, I would survive my 20,000 foot dive. I also thought regretfully that it was a helluva way to end the war.

Somehow, though we were literally hanging on by our finger tips, we managed to pull ourselves back onto the catwalk and get back into the aft gunery compartment , where I got on interphone and told the navigator, (Who had taken over my guns in the nose), to close the bomb doors.

I returned to the nose and got there in time to see the Jack 11 turn toward his home, as we headed out toward our base.

So ended WWII for both of us!

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Wow that's a scary tale of your last mission.I just looked up a hyperlink for a Jack 11(Raiden) because I'm not familiar with it.

http://www.kotfsc.com/aviation/raiden.htm

Thank you very much for taking the time to share at least one war story with all of us here.
I'm glad that you didn't fall out of the bomb bay either.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

AC, all I can say is wow!!! That must have been something, as I'm sure it probably scared the baaajeeezzzus out of you... If it didn't you were certainly in the war too long... I personally want to thank you for everything you sacrificed during that time of your life. If I could I would thank all who served then. My grandfather was on the USS Yorktown. He's still alive and is about to turn 80, but you couldn't tell that to him... hehe

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

AC,

Is that story about you ? If it is I'd like to copy it for our next issue of the Arizona Wings CAF newsletter. It would be nice to have a picture of you. You can send a picture to [email protected].

I talk to many WWII vets in the Museum..

One guy came in last week that was a B-24 Crew Chief and he told me a story about their 15th mission. They were coming in to land and found that a bullet had hit the hydralic lines and they could only get the wheels halfway down. They had some thermos's of coffee still on board and poured it into a #10 tin can they had. That was not enough..... He then told everyone to pee into the tin. They poured the concocktion into the hydralic lines and got the gear down to land.

Regards
Jib01/02
Now running the following...
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
GeForce 7950GT with 512mb DDR3
160Gig Sata drive

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

Yes, That was a true story about my last WWII mission,

I flew as Navigator/Bombardier during that war.

Just don't ID me by name, except as AC, and don't edit it in any way, please, except for spelling.

I have no pictures either current or past of myself... Sorry!

flyboy_5
Airman Basic

Post by flyboy_5 »

Well there are certianly quite a few interesting aircraft to be done. Bu Scotty is right, who woulda guessed that the 219 would have been a top choice a populairty list? It wasn't, it was made simply because they wanted to make one. I am sure whatever design they come up with next will be just as exotic. The SOH forums is usually a good place to see what is being made and by whom.

I personally would like to see an F7F...a plane much like the Uhu in many ways. I have the old Alphasim verison, it has a nice visual model but the VC/sounds/systems aren't too well detailed. Certianly not to WOP or AH standards. I saw a Tigercat fly at an airshow here at KSTS last year and it was quite breathtaking plane. Also at that show was a P-63 Kingcobra, somthing quite rare and exotic that would look good in WOP standards.

Cheers
TJ

Ridge
Senior Airman

Post by Ridge »

For me it was tough, I was caught between the P-38 and Bf-109, but I went with the latter...just the sound of the supercharger gives me wood, and I know Shockwave would do it justice!

Jib01
Senior Airman

I think we can all agree on this one....

Post by Jib01 »

Scott,

You wanted to continue on the bomber mode and create some multi engine aircraft. I think we can all agree on this one since a good one for FS2004 does not exist and it is a hell of an airplane. It was used late in WWII and Korea and Vietnam.

How about an A-26 ? This would be a joy to fly. It was fast and the pilots loved it because it was like flying a fighter.

I think this would really sell and we all would get on the band wagon for this one.

How about that !!
Regards
Jib01/02
Now running the following...
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
GeForce 7950GT with 512mb DDR3
160Gig Sata drive

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Re: I think we can all agree on this one....

Post by AC »

Jib01 wrote:Scott,

You wanted to continue on the bomber mode and create some multi engine aircraft. I think we can all agree on this one since a good one for FS2004 does not exist and it is a hell of an airplane. It was used late in WWII and Korea and Vietnam.

How about an A-26 ? This would be a joy to fly. It was fast and the pilots loved it because it was like flying a fighter.

I think this would really sell and we all would get on the band wagon for this one.

How about that !!
Regards
Jib01/02
I had one "Dollar Ride" in the "A"-(Later designated the "B"-26)

On Take-off the pilot feathered one engine and we still climbed out like a rocket!... (While I wished I had worn a diaper.)

He also demo'd how the plane must be flown right down to the ground until the wheels start rolling, for if stalled at flare it pays off like a blivit!

And what a low level attacker!

It is indeed one mighty fine "Pilot's airplane" and I fell in love with it.

Please add my vote for one ! :D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”