Beechcraft T-34 Mentor Photos

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Corporal Cop
Airman

Beechcraft T-34 Mentor Photos

Post by Corporal Cop »

Here are two photos of a beautiful T-34 that I shot at Airventure 2014. I took a lot of pictures, but this plane still holds my fascination. I don't try to lobby A2A for a particular future project. I just thought it would be a few members who would enjoy seeing my photos.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Beechcraft T-34 Mentor Photos

Post by n421nj »

Why can't it be both?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Thanks for the pics, the T34 is a cool little trainer and is worthy of the A2A treatment.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic 8)

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

I actually got to spend a few hours in a T-34 many years ago, wonderful pics and yes to relive those times in an A2A T-34 would be incredible, but my list of A2A wish planes is getting so long :twisted: maybe one day :D

Bill140A
Airman First Class

Post by Bill140A »

I had the opportunity to fly the T-34 when I belonged to a Air force Aero Club. A2A could not go wrong to develop this Airplane for everyone to enjoy. The photo's
brought back fond memories. Thank your for sharing them.

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

This T-34 used to be housed right across from my family's hangar in Bend, Oregon. I've seen this one up close and it is a real beauty. Note the US Marine Corps emblem in each propeller blade! In high school in the NJROTC, we did a fundraiser and those of us that raised $150 dollars got our name put into a drawing for a ride in this very T-34. Sadly, I was not the winner!! I can assure you that I begged and pleaded with the winner to let me take his place as :mrgreen: Didn't work but it was worth a shot!
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very Nice, thanks for sharing the images here and the other threads. Bringing back great memories from last year 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Post by FlyingsCool »

My dad after soloing in T-34B 140826 (It's N34LW up at Helena Regional today) at Saufley Field in May, 1957

And couple more shots of a T-34B with similar paint from the same year at Saufley (not my dad)

Anyone have any more pics from mid-1957 from Saufley with this paint? I'm working on a repaint for the Carenado T-34 to match the plane my dad soloed in. I've only got these 3 pics to work from, so don't have the tail or wings top and bottom or the left side of the fuselage.

Man, I would soooo love to see an A2A version of this plane, especially given you've already got a couple Bonanza's under your belt, and you've covered the T-6, too from the same time.

And how come nobody's done a retro scenery of Saufley field yet for this time (50's - 60's)... It was THE primary field for the Navy for a loonnnggg time. And it's pretty cool looking with those 4 hangars. I've got Jim Dhaenens' FS9 bgl of the hangars, and I've been researching to try and build up my own version, but I'm no pro at it.

mylee2
Senior Airman

Post by mylee2 »

I flew the T-34 Mentor (1961 to 1965) at Turner AFB GA. Loved it!

Dick
[urlhttps://imgur.com/df5Prt7=http://a2asimulations.com]Image[/url]

Bill140A
Airman First Class

Post by Bill140A »

The T-34A (Air Force) and the T-34B (Navy) would be fine examples of Primary Trainer aircraft of the 1950's for the A2A fleet.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”