MS FS9 disc ques

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
rkk01
Airman Basic

MS FS9 disc ques

Post by rkk01 »

Maybe not the right forum for this - but there's no doubting the expertise here...

I normally fly CFS, but tried out FS9 the other day to fly some of Shockwaves warbirds (just downloaded the 190D package). FS9 wouldn't fire up - it hung at the first splash screen with the DC3. I have noticed that disc 4 has a scratch on it and wondered if this could be the cause. If so, wil MS supply replacements or is there a no cd patch??

Thanks in anticipation

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

I don't know of any "no cd" patch for FS9. You can contact MS and they should replace the disc for you.

I'm trying to think of what you can do to get it to run but my mind is a blank right now. Someone will get in here and give you some ideas. Don't give up. :wink:
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

Mozz
Airman Basic

Post by Mozz »

There is a 'no cd patch for fs9' available at most sites . Its available here http://www.kalak-flightsim.com/modules. ... cle&sid=48 You won't need to use the cd after that , it starts and runs better with the patch . Hope this helps.

rkk01
Airman Basic

Post by rkk01 »

Many thanks,

I ran into a bit of a strom with the same question on simviation...

Although I understand ther piracy / copyright protection issue, you have to ask if MS's software is "fit for purpose" when their copyright protection prevents the licensed user using the software because you have to use the same cd EVERY time - damage to what is a delicate media is inevitable...

Mozz
Airman Basic

Post by Mozz »

I do understand the piracy / copyright protection issue, but that's all on paper, and hot air, it seems to me. But in the practicial sense it does not work- the no cd patch when you apply it does help to improve fs9's startup and running performance.

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Mozz, it seems the site is closed and the download for it can't be had. WebMaser even says it's not available fron the site.

Do you have another link where it can be downloaded from?

Bombs-Away.net

Mozz
Airman Basic

Post by Mozz »

Sorry guys- here's another link http://www.ceaero.com.br/dow_outr.shtml

I checked the download links and it works. There's 2 of them as you will see. Note: NOVO means new! The V9.1 version is for those who have installed the MS update for FS9.

jkcook28
Airman First Class

Post by jkcook28 »

This figures. About a month ago I needed to re-install FS9 and disc four failed to read at 76% repeatedly. Called Microsoft, requested replacement disc, and lo-and-behold, "we can't replace it but we can sell the set to you". $28+shipping. I was not impressed, no other option.(until this thread :evil: ) There's a reason Gates is a billionaire. Live and learn :P
John

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Thanks Mozz.... got it. :D

Bombs-Away.net

GP
Airman

Post by GP »

jkcook28 wrote:This figures. About a month ago I needed to re-install FS9 and disc four failed to read at 76% repeatedly. Called Microsoft, requested replacement disc, and lo-and-behold, "we can't replace it but we can sell the set to you". $28+shipping. I was not impressed, no other option.(until this thread :evil: ) There's a reason Gates is a billionaire. Live and learn :P
John
Wow I once had my FS2000 disk (i don't remember what disk break) and MS sent my a new set of cd rom disk (oem version) for free! A first MS said that it would be a $5 charge then MS told me that it would be free and MS picked up the shipping.

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

And it works just fine Mozz. :)

Bombs-Away.net

Night Fighter
Airman

Post by Night Fighter »

ok...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”