New Update - GPS - Preview

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

New Update - GPS - Preview

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello everyone,

Its come up quite a few times asking about the following, so heres some screens. They show the new third party GPS options for those users that use these products coming in the next update.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Re: New Update - GPS - Preview

Post by Tim-HH »

Wow, that looks amazing! Thanks for posting, Lewis :D

I hope this means that the update will be released soon :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Li'lJugs
Senior Airman

Post by Li'lJugs »

Sweet!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Li'lJugs
Senior Airman

Post by Li'lJugs »

Sweet!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Looks great, thanks for effort already!

While in process of reinstalling A2A products to the P3D, I pleasantly remembered how great the Cherokee was - actually, I even feel it is, by slight margin, the best of the GA lineup so far. :) Coupling it with GTN650 makes it also a more complete IFR platform.

-Esa

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Nice :D Question for repaints though Lewis, on the 172, are the gauges on the right panel superimposed over the original or will it require updates to posted repaints?

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Look great Lewis :D Just out of curiosity will there be an option for dual GTN650? I know dual GNS430 is a common choice in real life.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

rochewf
Airman

Post by rochewf »

Lewis,

Like what I am seeing here. Looking forward to these new choices. Really appreciate the updates you guys keep making. I have your Cessna 182 and it is my go to plane now. I have a couple of quetions. Will there be any way possible to go into the panel.cfg and adjust the radio stack so that the Bendix King auto pilot can be placed above the Garmin 750 and 650. For me the read outs on this guage are a little to small and they would be easier to see if this gauge was higher up on the panel. Another solution would be a 2d pop up for the auto pilot. Would it be possible for me to add that to the panel.cfg.

Thanks for any information you can give me on this.

Bill

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Nice update! Looking forward to adding the GTN 750 to the Cherokee!

Thanks Guys.

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

nirgal76
Airman

Post by nirgal76 »

The audio mixer is not necessary with GTN750, this one has all the function built in.

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

nirgal76 wrote:The audio mixer is not necessary with GTN750, this one has all the function built in.
I'm not sure about the updated version (V5 and F1 GTN 1.08), but the original unit has no option for ADF audio, which is one of the reasons to keep the hardware panel. In real life, I've seen installations that retain the standard audio panel and have additional data fields displayed instead of the GTN audio panel options (e.g. here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6nlafCGGtY). I wish this was possible in the sim, those additional data fields would be useful...

Tym

pipeorgan
Airman

Post by pipeorgan »

Excellent, just love to see the Cherokee withe the GTN 750, can't wait :D

Many thanks

John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Looks like a lot of hard work has gone into this update guys - thank you!

I still don't own either of the F1 GTN units, but this may well be enough to give me the additional push I seem to need.

About time I had a crack at some RNAV approaches anyway...

Cheers,
Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Simulations Inc.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

nirgal76 wrote:The audio mixer is not necessary with GTN750, this one has all the function built in.
GTN doesn't have the ADF/DME audio controls, so we left the full audio panel in place.
pilottj wrote:Look great Lewis :D Just out of curiosity will there be an option for dual GTN650? I know dual GNS430 is a common choice in real life.
Mostly in bigger planes though. Installing two GPS'es like that almost doubles the value of the small rental trainer.
It is an option we will have in mind for the future developments, but no promises. There are some technical complications with such setup.
Michael Krawczyk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Speaking of the audio controls and 'future developments' one nice addition would be adjustable volume for the NAV and ADF morse idents. I'm guessing this would be no trivial undertaking though as there's only one add-on (Q400) in which I know it's implemented. It's quite handy though being able to reduce the ident volume for NAV2 or the ADF.

Wondering what real world practice would be in this regard: would one tend to turn off the ident once reception of the correct navaid has been established/confirmed? Indeed is navaid ident something that is really checked these days with increasing reliance on GNSS and morse skills being rather 'lost' in general?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”