Looking to Rhubarb!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Skua
Airman Basic

Looking to Rhubarb!

Post by Skua »

New member here...I got bored with CFS2 some time back, and never bought CFS3 because of the mediocre reviews. I just discovered BoB this week, and I am interested. However, my question is this: my main interest is in conducting "Rhubarb" and "Ranger" ops over northwest and north central France- this is because my mom was a teenager in Paris during the war, and her family had property in the Abbeville/Arras area. With the add-on terrain files now avialable for BoB, is this sim a good choice for my needs, or not? The main things I am looking for include-

-good-looking aircraft
-realistic terrain and infrastructure
-realistic flight models
-variable weather conditions
-a target-rich environment

I like most everything I've read about BoB thus far, but input would be most welcome. Thanks!

Skua

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

NO dont get it for your needs.

Read up on BoB however ;)

Its them attacking us not vice versa :?

Still tis a great sim and i believe that the first big bob2 mod logically speaking will be the first steps over france, with 109f's and such
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Pat_Pattle
BDG

Post by Pat_Pattle »

At the moment Skua your best bet it CFS3. It's come a long way since release, don't be put off by the reviews! There are some very nice a/c with excellent fm's available (freeware) including the MkV Spit, Stirling and Blenheim for sorties over France.

The terrain's not bad at all bad if your pc can handle it and there's plenty of mods around so you can customize it to your liking. The mission builder is based on the cfs2 one so is easy to use.

Come and have a chat at the cfs3 forum at the sim-outhouse

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/f ... ay.php?f=7

Pat :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”