Engine feathering and canopy

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
James Grissom
Airman Basic

Engine feathering and canopy

Post by James Grissom »

:?I feathered an engine on the "Uhu" for some emergency one engine practice and could never figure out how to bring it back to normal. I put it on both fixed and manuel ,but had no success.

In the vc mode I opened the canopy, and I tried to close it by moving the levers on the canopy in the vc mode . It didn't work so I hit shift e and it still didn't work. I could'nt figure out how to close it , so aborted the flight.

Shift d doesn't drop my External fuel tank....maybe I need a capital D or I need to set up my settings? I haven't tried that.

Gunsight does not come on in day or night mode.

I have I beleive every Wings of Power Aircraft (except the Jug) and they are all awesome.The Heinkel is great also. Thanks for any help you can give me. James

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

I've had problems with proppitch too James. I think it's a bug that needs to be fixed, but I'm still playing with it to see if I get the same results all the time. It seems that when I extend the flaps for takeoff in VC mode, both props feather themselves. I can get them back to 100% or where I want them but once in a while if I touch another function in the cockpit they go right back to 0%. To make it clear, I haven't touched the prop controls on the panel next to the flap controls at all.

If anyone can confirm this bug, I'd appreciate it. It'll help Scot and the guys fix it if it is a bug...... or it could be just me having a problem. :wink:

BTW James, you have to hold the left mouse button down and give the "mouse a good hard move to get the canopy to open or close, I've found with mine. It doeas work tho. As for keys, you need to go in and set the assignments for you stick and/or keyboard.

In case you missed these:
Wingfold" key command is for the ladder
"Tailhook" command is for Canopy Eject
"Water rudder" command is for Ejection Seats.
Just set the keys and/or joystick buttons you want for them.
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The prop feathering isn't a bug but a limitation. They are emergency switches, and once you enable them, there is no giong back.

Regarding the canopy, go to the aircraft.cfg file (in the aircraft folder of choice) and look for this:

[exits]
number_of_exits = 1
exit_rate.0 = 0.1

Change the 0.1 to 0.2

You will not hear the entire sound for the depressurization but the canopy will open. This isn't a bug in Wings of Power but rather a bug in FS2004 for not being able to reliably run very long exit open / close animations on a some reported systems out there.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Prop Pitch Switches. Shut the engines off and on to unfeather if you went too far with those switches.

Drop tanks. Check your key assigments for something like "dropping all external tanks" command and assign some key. I suggest Shift+D.

Gunsight. Switch it on and move your head a bit right. You should see the reticle.

regards
ROB

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

You may have missunderstood my problem Scott. I only set the flaps for "Takeoff" and the props feather themselves.... switches on throttles show 0 pitch. Not all the time tho, but they do feather without throwing any other switch. Nor have I touched the emergency switches.
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”