A2A Simulations and P3Dv6

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

A2A Simulations and P3Dv6

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Following the recent release of Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D v6, a few of our customers have asked whether we plan to support our existing Prepar3D v5 products in the new simulator. All of our resources are currently focused on developing Accu-Sim 2.0 for Microsoft Flight Simulator, and we are not currently planning to update any of our existing products for Prepar3D v6.

However, our existing Prepar3D customers who upgrade to v6 are free to move older v5 product into v6 as they wish. Just be aware that Accu-Sim works through Prepar3D’s SimConnect interface and there is no guarantee things will work well or even at all in v6.

We know some will find this disappointing, but we simply don’t have the manpower at present to adapt our existing library for Prepar3D v6. Our future is the newest iteration of Accu-Sim, and Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently our focus for entertainment products. However, Prepar3D remains key to our commercial and military training applications and both simulators represent the very best at what they are designed to do.

Thanks,
Lewis - A2A Simulations
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Simulations and P3Dv6

Post by Jigsaw »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 13:21 Our future is the newest iteration of Accu-Sim, and Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently our focus for entertainment products.
Just so you guys know ... I find warbirds very entertaining, even in a civilian sim like MSFS. *wink, wink, B-17, P-51, P-47, P-40, T-6, Spitfire, nudge, nudge*
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I used to only fly warbirds but somehow I've gone all in on the C172 in P3D. I'm hoping the next MSFS project is the C172.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

Skycat wrote: 03 Jul 2023, 14:22 I used to only fly warbirds but somehow I've gone all in on the C172 in P3D. I'm hoping the next MSFS project is the C172.
Absolutely, this is the one I miss the most in MSFS, too...

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Lewis and Team

thanks for taking the time to send this clear message, though I have a favour to ask.

So please tell me simple step-by-step HOW I "move" A2A planes, all working perfectly and marvellously, in my previous P3D v5.4, into P3D v6.

Unashamed, please be very clear about the precise steps.

I'm already in humiliated mood that my many years of buying A2A and Orbx products don't seem so P3D v6 friendly.

"Disappointed" ........ on a scale of 0 to 100 .......

Take care,

Rod

PS does anyone out there know how to fit the Orbx scenery onto v6?

PPS how do i change my password to this forum?

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I've installed all my A2as into P3Dv6 with limited success i.e. liveries not looking good.

So. I've reinstalled v5. Question is can I have my A2As on both versions at the same time? If so, how do I go about this?

I tried to install into v5 but the installer want to uninstall! Something to do with the .xml file I'm guessing but I fear to tread etc.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Stand down chaps. I've sorted it out. A little copy/paste job. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”