Accu-Feel for P3Dv4 is coming...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accu-Feel for P3Dv4 is coming...

Post by tbaac »

There's also the fear perhaps that if FSW becomes a success then less developer focus will go towards P3D.
(although perhaps developers could drop FSX eventually and so just support P3D and FSW).

As it is, I haven't used P3D for a while and don't intend to. FSW has features which are either missing or not fully formed but that's perhaps because Dovetail have tried to do more than just an incremental shift from FSX with FSW, something which I don't think LM ever did with P3D.

And I hope that A2A AccuSim eventually come to FSW.
(an AF would be a great start, now how about that Lanc....)
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

If all the devs who are sniffing round fsw start producing stuff then p3d will stop being the go to sim and most people will end up on fsw. They only reason everyone uses p3d now is because of add on support.
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Tutmeister wrote:
Deltaair12 wrote:
Tutmeister wrote:How is fsw crippling?
Chris
I mean it’s no secret that over the past few months it came out that it hasn’t lived up to par. It’s not worthy of A2A that’s for sure. Why they even gave FSW the time of day is beyond me.
Can’t say I have seen that from anyone reputable, the only slagging off has come from mainly steam trolls or people who for some reason are against it from succeeding.
Every source says it is shaping up to be something good, it already has newer technologies incorporated and if it was so poor why are some of the biggest names in third party getting on board. If they all thought it had no future why would they waste money developing for it?

Chris
That’s what I want to know. But y’all can’t even sit here and say that P3Dv4 isn’t better off than FSW. We can kid ourselves but let’s not. Yes FSW is predicted to be at the same caliber but they aren’t. And that’s yet o be unseen. P3D is already there and has been for a while now.

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

And if devs honestly thought FSW was all that great, they’d be developing their products for the sim but many have already stated that’s a no go until further notice. And I don’t blame them.

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Deltaair12 wrote:And if devs honestly thought FSW was all that great, they’d be developing their products for the sim but many have already stated that’s a no go until further notice. And I don’t blame them.
Actually plenty of devs have either changed their mind or already are developing.
Can’t think of any major ones that have refused.
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Its only come out of early access within the last week or so.
The SDK only came out a couple of months ago, give it time.

Dynamic weather should be coming in the next few days (with real world weather hopefully soon after?).
Now we've got an SDK hopefully Vatsim and Pilotedge clients can come along not too far in the future.
They're working on jets at the moment.

Do you think that P3D's fixed-wing flight model and visuals are better than FSW's?
I've seen reviews of the FSW JF Arrow from people who have tried the P3D version, they've rated the FSW version highly.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.

jmhelms
Airman

Post by jmhelms »

Interesting discussion fellows...
I'm all ears...one review I saw
said it will never be that good, as it's
trying to rehab old FSX technology,
instead of doing something new...

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Thing is jmhelms, that's how I've always thought of P3D.
P3D v1 had better compatability with FSX than FSW does as I remember it.
Okay, part of that is because FSW has gone straight to 64-bit.
However, P3D and FSW are both built on the FSX base.

Genuine question, but why doesn't your description apply to P3D?
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.

jmhelms
Airman

Post by jmhelms »

Good question...not sure of correct answer,
but an educated guess is that LM has not licensed
FSX and thus must create new parts...

I am working with XPlane and like it...more
difficult, for me, than P3D...but more realistic
I think...

John H.

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

As I understand it, DTG and LM are both licensed to make a product based on the existing FSX code but to also change and improve it as they choose.
LM's license came earlier and had some restrictions on it, DTG's presumably has some restrictions as well although not sure what they are.

I like xplane as well, but there's no A2A. The FSW JF Arrow feels closer to xplane aircraft than most of the aircraft in FSX to me (excluding A2A).
I do also quite like OrbX scenery and although there's some great scenery for xplane (some of it free), OrbX is nice.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.

jmhelms
Airman

Post by jmhelms »

HI TS.....thanks for the clarification...

John h.

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

When it comes to which sim platform will have the longevity, and which will fall by the wayside, my gut feeling is that there will be two, P3Dv? and XPlane.

I have had every iteration of Microsoft Flight Simulator, concluding with FSX, which I have now uninstalled. My every day sim is P3Dv4. I love it, and as soon as I can afford my 1080ti and ACER Predator 32" 4k monitor, I am sure it will look as gorgeous as its potential indicates.

I also have FSW. I've done about two circuits in the Super Cub, and that's about it. I think it has a long way to go, and wonder if it's the true future.

I've seen many videos on YouTube regarding XPlane 11. I think it looks wonderful, and there seems to be a very healthy take up rate. I would be very surprised if the major developers don't look long and hard at it.

So there. My thoughts

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Yeah, xplane is lovely. The REP addons (including the one for the default 172), and the helicopters from Dreamfoil are fantastic.

I assume that either FSW will eventually grab a large share of P3D's market once it is fully-featured and more developers have jumped on board, or it will slowly collapse in on itself.
I don't think there's much wrong with FSW other than features that aren't there yet (e.g. better weather, coming soon) although I've spent more time in xp11 than FSW in the last few months.

If FSW does die then I don't think it will be because it's a bad product, but we're a long way off that at the moment anyway.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Well I know we’ve kinda veered off topic in regards to Accu-Feel for P3Dv4, but about a week ago A2A devs confirmed on a FB comment that The product is indeed still intact and we can expect it sometime in 2018. Of course being that it’s January, we could be Accu-Feel-less for 11 more months if things are not progressing well but only time will tell. I just wish they would be more vocal on here but I’ll take info wherever I can get it. It’s still good news.

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Well... still no current news on a 64 bit Accufeel product. Beginning to loose hope...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”