Formation flying in summer evening

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Formation flying in summer evening

Post by AKar »

I was just checking some youtube videos some time ago, and ran into this.

I somehow find it almost hypnotic to watch, formation flying right in front of Helsinki, recorded and shown just as is with no editing, in pretty beautiful light. Interestingly from the official youtube channel of Finnish Air Force.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfES5uNJa4g[/youtube]

"Kaivopuisto Air Show" was an open access event over Helsinki early last summer. Of course, I was there straight from the work. :D The summer around here was one of the worst ones weather-wise that I can remember, but luckily on that evening, the conditions were perfect. They estimated that some 130000 people were there, with anything from A350 to DC-3, and from Typhoon to Draken flying display flights. Even the Red Arrows were there, it was really great show - and for free.

"Midnight Hawks" is an aerobatic group of Finnish Air Force, I understand it is made up of flight instructors, doing this in addition to their regular duties. They fly BAE Hawk mk.51As, the regular jet trainer used around here.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”