Problem with updater and FSX (run under Windows 10)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
cconesa
Airman Basic

Problem with updater and FSX (run under Windows 10)

Post by cconesa »

Hi,

I recently had to go back to FSX whilst I wait for more addons being available for P3D v4. I reinstalled the 172, 182 and Boeing 377 to my sim and they all seem to run fine. However, when I use the updater (FSX\A2A folder), I get a message (as per JPG attached) asking me to close the updater. And that is that. I have run the accusim updater (latest version) as administrator so that is not the issue.

Can you please give me a hand or tell me how I can manually update my products?. Thank you.

Christian Conesa.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problem with updater and FSX (run under Windows 10)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you can use this guide for posting the image of the error you are receiving;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=50279

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

When you run the updater, are you connected to the internet?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

cconesa
Airman Basic

Post by cconesa »

Thanks for the replies and the interest:

Here's the link:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Agu_bsK4TYd5gYsztElXPqNfYlXYlw

And, yes, connected to the internet and the files download but do not install as per the error shown in the link.

Regards,

Christian

cconesa
Airman Basic

Post by cconesa »

Anyone?.

Christian Conesa.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Christian,

Do you have any antivirus app, that might not allow the installation to complete? You may try disabling Windows defender during the installation process or Apps & browser control.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

cconesa
Airman Basic

Post by cconesa »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi Christian,

Do you have any antivirus app, that might not allow the installation to complete? You may try disabling Windows defender during the installation process or Apps & browser control.

Cheerz,
Will
Nope, that's not made any difference. The program gets stuck with a message to close the updating EXE file, which it can't be as it needs to run the rest of the addons.

Are the stand alone updates of the files that I can use?.

Christian.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Chris,

It might be a futile effort, but have you tried to download a fresh copy of the updater from the link and unzip it once again and try the installation?
There is a slim chance your current one might be corrupted.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

cconesa
Airman Basic

Post by cconesa »

LZ-WIL wrote: It might be a futile effort, but have you tried to download a fresh copy of the updater from the link and unzip it once again and try the installation?
Will
Twice,and even a different version but... to no avail. Still stuck with no update.

Christian.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you restarted your PC before re-trying a new update?

thanks,
Lewis

cconesa
Airman Basic

Post by cconesa »

Lewis - A2A wrote: have you restarted your PC before re-trying a new update?
Hi,

Tried everything including resetting my machine and reinstalling everything fresh (with FSX Steam). Try to update and off we go again with the problem.

Isn't there stand alone updates that I can download and install manually?. This is just driving me up the wall.

Oh, by the way, in another computer I have windows 10 with P3D v4.2 and the updates work fine...

Regards,

Christian.

cconesa
Airman Basic

Post by cconesa »

I have found these further facts and strage behaviour...

C172 purchased version (from Simmarket) v1.65, updater shows update to v2.19 and after running it "aircraft.cfg" shows version as v2.14
C182 purchased version (from Simmarket) v2.10, updater shows update to v2.19 and after running it "aircraft.cfg" shows version as v2.14
PA28 purchased version (from Simmarket) v2.00, updater shows update to v2.18 and after running it "aircraft.cfg" shows version as v2.14

The updater needs to be closed via the Task Manager "close application" option in order to run.

When running the updater again after having updated, the program shows as though the version installed is v1.0!

Upon running the update, the C172 autopilot donesn't work properly and as soon as it is switched, the aircraft banks dramatically to the left and aircraft attitude is not maintained either up or down and will not react to inputs from the joystick (i.e. blocked by the autopilot). Interestingly, the NAV (using the GPS) button DOES work, it is just altitude, heading and roll that have the strange behavior.

Seems to me that the problem is related to the update and before anyone asks, yes, I had disabled the anti virus, run the programs as administrators, reinstalled everything from scratch, etc. If I install from the file I downloaded from Simmarket, everything is just fine but... it is just version 1.65.

All of the above is highly frustrating and annoying so I would kindly ask you to give me access to the actual new file version as stand alones so that I can install the aircraft properly and not have this issues. Please help me.

Christian C.

LAG007
Airman Basic

Post by LAG007 »

I have the same/very similar situation but when trying to install WOP3 and T6 it stop and says to retry as the administrator? on Windows 10 also have done all the fixes mentioned but to no avail?

LAG007
Airman Basic

Post by LAG007 »

I have resolved this issue, well on mine anyway, I hope this works for you, instead of just disabling windows defender you have to go in and individually turn each protector off, there are five and if you dont have any Family settings it will only be four, once this is done I was able to install my WOP3 and T6 plus updates and it runs great, still have some tweak issues on T6 like throttle etc but will get to those now it is installed, Good luck :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

cconesa can you please try extracting the updater and then running as admin via right click and selecting run as admin.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”