"Mystery" aircraft coming to FSW, A2A+FSW=true?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
addman
Staff Sergeant

"Mystery" aircraft coming to FSW, A2A+FSW=true?

Post by addman »

Since there's very little to talk about since the December update, here's something for all you tin foil-hats out there. Just read an update from Dovetail Games where they are outlining their plans for 2018. Amongst a host of other things that will be improved and added to the core simulation, two new aircraft will be added to the roster (free add-ons I assume). A jet, for IFR purposes and a "mystery" aircraft which will be "something that’s quite unlike anything you’ll have seen in Flight Sim World thus far." My guess because of "mystery" and "something that’s quite unlike anything you’ll have seen in Flight Sim World thus far.", it's got to be something from A2A. Speculate away! https://profile.dovetailgames.com/live/ ... cle/phase2
Cheers!/Andreas

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: "Mystery" aircraft coming to FSW, A2A+FSW=true?

Post by Skycat »

Speculate away? Okay...

IFR means "Isn't For Real" and "nothing you've seen before" means it is invisible. So, my guess is Wonder Woman's invisible jet.

There. :)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

It could potentially be as a rumor, but if you are referring to Scott's December update where he said they were given an opportunity they couldn't pass up, that could mean literally anything. Ex: access to a specialized aircraft, building / working with professional simulation setups similar to the original COTS, you get the picture.

But if this does turn out to be true, good for A2A on expanding their audience base. I could be wrong about this, but from what I understood Flight sim world was just derived from FSX, so the coding would be similar in FSW compared to the pre-developed aircraft of FSX.

One thing I don't understand about A2A (And I may be 'too new' to have heard) is why they never jumped at the Xplane-1x "Train" (I assume due to coding differences, and the cost to re-tool their development process and or hire other coders with different coding language experience..etc) From where I watch flight sim on you tube and especially twitch, I am seeing a large change over to XP-11 as a whole. Where as big names such as Chewy and others used to do exclusively P3D while others switched, even the big names now such as Chewy have transitioned to XP-11 at least part time. When I look at what streams are going on in twitch, I honestly see about at least a 50/50 but usually greater split. If A2A entered the XP market, they could almost double their market audience....Though with the almost direct copying of A2A's aircraft such as the somethingsomething Cessna 172 with convenient pop-up checklists and notes and maintenance hangar...it may be hard fought now. (Which personally I don't see how these companies are developing aircraft for XP-11 with accu-sim-LIKE features is actually not copyright infringement or similar but I digress) - Hope that doesn't come across as harsh or angry as it wasn't supposed to. I just would love to see A2A completely dominate all GA aircraft companies on all Platforms.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

crippy wrote:It could potentially be as a rumor, but if you are referring to Scott's December update where he said they were given an opportunity they couldn't pass up, that could mean literally anything. Ex: access to a specialized aircraft, building / working with professional simulation setups similar to the original COTS, you get the picture.

But if this does turn out to be true, good for A2A on expanding their audience base. I could be wrong about this, but from what I understood Flight sim world was just derived from FSX, so the coding would be similar in FSW compared to the pre-developed aircraft of FSX.

One thing I don't understand about A2A (And I may be 'too new' to have heard) is why they never jumped at the Xplane-1x "Train" (I assume due to coding differences, and the cost to re-tool their development process and or hire other coders with different coding language experience..etc) From where I watch flight sim on you tube and especially twitch, I am seeing a large change over to XP-11 as a whole. Where as big names such as Chewy and others used to do exclusively P3D while others switched, even the big names now such as Chewy have transitioned to XP-11 at least part time. When I look at what streams are going on in twitch, I honestly see about at least a 50/50 but usually greater split. If A2A entered the XP market, they could almost double their market audience....Though with the almost direct copying of A2A's aircraft such as the somethingsomething Cessna 172 with convenient pop-up checklists and notes and maintenance hangar...it may be hard fought now. (Which personally I don't see how these companies are developing aircraft for XP-11 with accu-sim-LIKE features is actually not copyright infringement or similar but I digress) - Hope that doesn't come across as harsh or angry as it wasn't supposed to. I just would love to see A2A completely dominate all GA aircraft companies on all Platforms.
Yeah, I guess A2A already have their plate full developing and re-releasing for P3Dv4 being 64-bit and all. I did just recently however, try out the XP11 demo and wow! it's a big step up from XP10 in every way. It's stable, like XP usually is, and the improved rendering engine makes the world look almost real in some cases. Another nice thing is that the default scenery doesn't suck and the default aircraft are excellent! If A2A started developing for XP11 I'd probably use it as my main simulator.
Cheers!/Andreas

Sunjunkiesi
Airman

Post by Sunjunkiesi »

crippy wrote:I just would love to see A2A completely dominate all GA aircraft companies on all Platforms.
Market dominance has never led to a good situation for the consumer. Competition and choice is what drives companies to innovate and achieve excellence. Careful what you wish for...

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Sunjunkiesi wrote:
crippy wrote:I just would love to see A2A completely dominate all GA aircraft companies on all Platforms.
Market dominance has never led to a good situation for the consumer. Competition and choice is what drives companies to innovate and achieve excellence. Careful what you wish for...
The FS market is so diverse, I have hard time seeing ANYONE dominating anything. However, Orbx for example have a very big influence over other scenery developers. It's easy to see when smaller scenery developers adapt their scenery to be compatible and blend well with Orbx products. When it comes to aircraft though, there are many virtual pilots out there with different preferences for flying. Some wouldn't touch ANY Cessna because they only fly tubeliners etc. Some people actually don't like the complexity of A2A aircraft (yeah can you imagine that?!), they just want to jump in to their favourite Carenado aircraft and press Ctrl+E and enjoy some scenery. The FS market is diverse with many different niches to fill and most developers are small so no risk of monopoly really. PLUS! we now have many competent simulator platforms to choose from.
Cheers!/Andreas

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

PLUS! we now have many competent simulator platforms to choose from.
A couple of years back when Microsoft officially dropped Flightsim I thought it would be dead.. there was a little bit of xplane, but nothing else.. not many addon developers and almost no hardware beside odinary joysticks... and now look at this.. :D

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

addman wrote:Some people actually don't like the complexity of A2A aircraft (yeah can you imagine that?!), they just want to jump in to their favourite Carenado aircraft and press Ctrl+E and enjoy some scenery.
I'm not that sort of person, normally, but I'll admit that one of my favorite things about the Cub was that I could just hop in it and enjoy the scenery, albeit with a realistic-feeling aircraft. There's days where my sim time is limited and spending 15 minutes doing various preflight things takes away a significant chunk of my time. If I'm in a huge hurry I'll rarely skip the preflight, but I should have learned my lesson on that when a cotter pin was missing and almost made me crash on takeoff. Would have caught it during a preflight, of course.

But the cub has always been my "look at the pretty scenery" plane.

Now give me a Super Cub!

-stefan

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Would be nice to have a P3D cub with upgrades like a 90 hp engine, wing tanks, and so forth.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Skycat wrote:Speculate away? Okay...

IFR means "Isn't For Real" and "nothing you've seen before" means it is invisible. So, my guess is Wonder Woman's invisible jet.

Skycat, I think you're quite wrong. Everybody knows that "IFR" stands for "I follow roads", :mrgreen: therefore your supposition falls apart. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What would surprise me is A2A releasing a Beaver for FSW.

However, here's a thought that may not be quite such a flight of fancy. Has the delay to "the next release" been caused in part because it might be worked on to make it work in FSW as well??? If the next release is a GA plane, it might make sense both from A2A's perspective, as well as DTG's desire to push FSW as FSW is purely propellers at the moment.

Just a thought......

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Dogsbody55 wrote:What would surprise me is A2A releasing a Beaver for FSW.

However, here's a thought that may not be quite such a flight of fancy. Has the delay to "the next release" been caused in part because it might be worked on to make it work in FSW as well??? If the next release is a GA plane, it might make sense both from A2A's perspective, as well as DTG's desire to push FSW as FSW is purely propellers at the moment.

Just a thought......

Cheers,
Mike
Except that DTG are currently making a bizjet, as they have announced all over the place. You want wild and random speculation? Scott has secretly bought and is making a Cessna Tweet standalone simulation, which will require no other package. Is that randomly speculatory enough? :P

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

all I expect from DTG is releasing a half made game (in my opinion no simulator what I have seen so far; early access has been stopped) and pulling money out of DLCs. Just what they have done with their interpretation of a train simulator.. The hype is marketing, nothing more..

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Skycat wrote:Speculate away? Okay...

You guessed it.
It's the Northrup-Grumman B-2 Spirit with accusim.
All controls and systems are usable and available :lol:
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Ian P wrote:
Dogsbody55 wrote:What would surprise me is A2A releasing a Beaver for FSW.

Just a thought......

Cheers,
Mike
Except that DTG are currently making a bizjet, as they have announced all over the place. You want wild and random speculation? Scott has secretly bought and is making a Cessna Tweet standalone simulation, which will require no other package. Is that randomly speculatory enough? :P
No. :P :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

MarcE wrote:all I expect from DTG is releasing a half made game (in my opinion no simulator what I have seen so far; early access has been stopped) and pulling money out of DLCs. Just what they have done with their interpretation of a train simulator.. The hype is marketing, nothing more..
Care to elaborate?
Chris
Last edited by Tutmeister on 24 Jan 2018, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”