A2A 2018 wishlist

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

A2A 2018 wishlist

Post by Kilstorm »

So of the items Im hoping A2A gives us or at least considers for this coming year would be
a.The finishing of P3Dv4 native installers (I know this is in the works)
b. the ability to hand tow the C172 and any other GA plane that does not have this feature
c. The added feature of having "Clear Prop" called in the smaller planes however that ends up being coded
d. An Accusim input configurator to allow a hotkey to assign empty plane. I would use this for my Avatar key so when I pressed it I would enter Avatar mode while at the same time would be emptying the plane.
e. possible consideration for Xplane11. While I am happy with P3D I know it would greatly do well for sales and it would be nice to have that option.
f. Avatar mode walk around. Removing the changing views and just allowing the pop up windows. If this can be done by editing the cfg please let me know.

Thats it for me. I know A2A is always hard at work creating cutting edge addons that will last the years but these are a few items that I would love to see added.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: A2A 2018 wishlist

Post by AKar »

g. An amphibian 185E/F. :mrgreen:

-Esa

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

One thing I'd love to have is a failure module.
It would be useful to trigger partial or complete vacuum failures for example - and that they should come within the next so-and-so hours/minutes. That way one has to do IFR instrument-scan properly (and know what to do when things slowly start making less sense). All the other possibilities too - with partial engine failure, and so forth.
An aside to this: how about instrument failures? I haven't had that happen, and I suspect it may not be modelled. Would be interesting to see mismatches in the gauges - the RPM not showing correct numbers (but still working). A radio stopping to work. All these small details could make for interesting problem solving and all kinds of learning opportunities.

Also I'd love if the hangar could have an option to "ask for inspection", rather than getting it by default. I'd like to access the hangar to recharge battery, or change plugs, without getting to know deeper and underlying problems. They should manifest either then preflighting/starting engine, or at regular service intervals. If I have to learn what state my crankshaft is in when changing plugs I loose some immersion. This should be a trivial option to implement. Just let the hangar-info stay as it was last time one visited, and it should only change when pressing the "inspect"-button or when one has fixed a previously mentioned problem.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Medtner wrote:Also I'd love if the hangar could have an option to "ask for inspection", rather than getting it by default. I'd like to access the hangar to recharge battery, or change plugs, without getting to know deeper and underlying problems. They should manifest either then preflighting/starting engine, or at regular service intervals. If I have to learn what state my crankshaft is in when changing plugs I loose some immersion. This should be a trivial option to implement. Just let the hangar-info stay as it was last time one visited, and it should only change when pressing the "inspect"-button or when one has fixed a previously mentioned problem.
Yes, that was my big one on the 'small things' list. I recall it maybe was on "perhaps" status for the Comanche, but it appears it was since abandoned. Indeed, it still is on my top list as a simple thing that means rather much. I'd also love to have a failure module as well.

-Esa

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

I agree about the maintenance. I wish there was a way to better inspect the brakes during the walk around instead of in the hangar. I wish one could do an oil change without having to dive deep into the maintenance hangar. I wish one could perform an annual and or 100 hour check as options in the maintenance hangar which then gave us what we have now and by not selecting that we have the ability to do changes without see deep into what is wrong.

The other thing that I forgot was it seems both the C172 and C182 have the pilot sitting far back as if they just got in the plane but havent slid forward. In VR we are sitting far back but in the Pipers we seem to be sitting the right distance from the panel. For it to look right, the seats would need to slide forward and an eyepoint adjustment in the CFG. I know I could do the latter but then it might look weird sitting on the dge of the seat in VR.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

A bunch of anything with round engines, Merlins, Griffons, or Allisons.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Kilstorm wrote:So of the items Im hoping A2A gives us or at least considers for this coming year would be

e. possible consideration for Xplane11. While I am happy with P3D I know it would greatly do well for sales and it would be nice to have that option.
I'm glad someone else thinks the same way as I do. Currently seeing more and more switch over to XP-11. This would be like adding a second P3D market volume in sales wise for A2A.

Heck after this frankly dumb pricing schema, and the *still* general clunky feeling of P3D compared to the ""sleekness"" of XP-11 I would switch too if A2A made aircraft for XP-11...but because I now refuse to fly anything that isn't A2A {XP-11 Copy and illegal? company paste included :lol: } I shall stay with P3D until then.
Kilstorm wrote: b. the ability to hand tow the C172 and any other GA plane that does not have this feature
I said else where I would pay cash to have this feature added to the Cherokee. It really completes the immersion VS SHIFT+P and then having to start in the hangar for the next flight.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I'd just like to see what's released next... :( :(
ImageImageImageImage

xvii-Dietrich
Airman

Post by xvii-Dietrich »

AKar wrote:g. An amphibian 185E/F. :mrgreen:

-Esa
^^ THIS

An amphibian 185/F would be perfection...

... but any A2A-grade floatplane for P3D or XP11 would be fine with me.

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

As xplane seems unlikely, I'd settle for FSW.

I like the idea of a hotkey to call 'Clear prop' prior to starting the engine on small GA planes.
(Could link it to the starter instead but that would add a delay to the starter).

Then a couple of choices for pilot's voice please.

ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

85chevy4x4
Airman

Post by 85chevy4x4 »

I'm as hungry for a new AccuSim GA Airplane just as much as the next guy, however. I've always thought it would awesome if A2A made an "AccuSim/Accufeel" type add on for the the FSX Air Traffic Control.... An A2A quality ATC add on that is easy to use and properly works would be sweet :lol:

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

85chevy4x4 wrote:I'm as hungry for a new AccuSim GA Airplane just as much as the next guy, however. I've always thought it would awesome if A2A made an "AccuSim/Accufeel" type add on for the the FSX Air Traffic Control.... An A2A quality ATC add on that is easy to use and properly works would be sweet :lol:
This! ^^^ I would love a decent traffic/ATC program. Another thread mentions traffic from ORBX, but I don't have, nor will I get, ORBX.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

patful wrote:
85chevy4x4 wrote:I'm as hungry for a new AccuSim GA Airplane just as much as the next guy, however. I've always thought it would awesome if A2A made an "AccuSim/Accufeel" type add on for the the FSX Air Traffic Control.... An A2A quality ATC add on that is easy to use and properly works would be sweet :lol:
This! ^^^ I would love a decent traffic/ATC program. Another thread mentions traffic from ORBX, but I don't have, nor will I get, ORBX.
Get PilotEdge, and you'll learn so much about ATC. :-)

(but I know what you mean - PilotEdge doesn't cover the globe, and I'm sorry for that - after starting with PilotEdge I can't fly anywhere else for the time being)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

Kilstorm wrote: c. The added feature of having "Clear Prop" called in the smaller planes however that ends up being coded
Bah - just yell it yourself. That's what I do.

-stefan

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

shortspecialbus wrote:
Kilstorm wrote: c. The added feature of having "Clear Prop" called in the smaller planes however that ends up being coded
Bah - just yell it yourself. That's what I do.
This one is already been stated as being something A2A would like to add.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”