REX Sky Force 3D

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

REX Sky Force 3D

Post by guillaume78150 »

I use ASN + REX Essential + OD for some years with no problem.
I tried to install Sky Force 3D but FSX (boxed edition) crash on starting. I did not find a relevant post on the REX support.
Any idea?

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: REX Sky Force 3D

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

I don't use AXN or Sky Force 3D by Rex, but have you tried to disable AXN before starting Sky Force? I ask this since both should be doing the same thing.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Hi Will,

I did not use both at the same time. And when using ASN , I use REX Essential for textures only. I don’t use REX weather engine.

Thanks.

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Perhaps a mismatch in DX9/DX10 settings (as in you're running FSX DX9, but REX installed DX10 textures)?
[email protected], 32gb RAM, EVGA GTX1080 w/8GB vram, Win10, RiftS, P3Dv5.1.1. . .

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Unlikely, I use DX10Fixer which does not report any problem.
Not that important, ASN and REX textures work fine.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

guillaume78150 wrote:I did not find a relevant post on the REX support.
Any idea?
Maybe... open a new one?

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

What was the Event Viewer error report about the FSX crash?

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Something like "An irrecoverable error has occurred" (translated from french).
Happens at the FSX opening windows, with the displayed aircraft turning, it makes one turn and FSX stops.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Any specific file listed as causing the actual error?
You said it is on the opening screen - you do have the default FSX Trike as your default plane? Avoid setting complex aircraft as the default aircraft.

Cheerz,
Will

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I just installed the 32bit version to run FSX to test this for you since I wanted to fly the Mustang anyway. I'll be darned that it works perfectly, and actually loads in the METAR weather. In P3Dv4 for some reason it always loads the weather but the OAT is off or something to that effect. Well this is even more reason to take the Mustang out for a jaunt. I will let you know if the sim crashes but so far all is well. Booted up on the first try. I am also running FSX boxed edition (Gold SP2). By chance did you try completely disabling your anti-virus when you downloaded the installer files using the REX Manager, and installed the program? Also you need to give it special exemptions for the firewall and such. That caused me tons of issues when I installed it for v4 the first time and it was a huge mess. Now off to fly and test in FSX, and man the vertical sync tears are way worse than I remember them being. :lol:
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Well just finished my flight. Will say that Skyforce CTD'd FSX as soon as I turned out of my parking spot on to the taxiway to go for take off. That wasn't a very encouraging sign. Wound up restarting FSX and Skyforce though and just finished going from KPHF to KVQQ with no issues at all. Toward the end it was getting a little flakey with the temperature injection as it was showing 59F when the METAR was saying 66F. Close enough of a ball park to not make much of a difference though. I would stick with my previous suggestions above as that may be an issue for you. Downloading the files with the transfer tool earlier they were getting deleted by my anti-virus so I had to completely turn it all off for the installation.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

LZ-WIL wrote:Any specific file listed as causing the actual error?
You said it is on the opening screen - you do have the default FSX Trike as your default plane? Avoid setting complex aircraft as the default aircraft.

Cheerz,
Will
I don't know, I tried to dig in the Windows 10 log but it's not easy to source the correct file. And, yes, it crash on starting with the Trike, FSX default AC.
Roadburner426 wrote:Well just finished my flight. Will say that Skyforce CTD'd FSX as soon as I turned out of my parking spot on to the taxiway to go for take off. That wasn't a very encouraging sign. Wound up restarting FSX and Skyforce though and just finished going from KPHF to KVQQ with no issues at all. Toward the end it was getting a little flakey with the temperature injection as it was showing 59F when the METAR was saying 66F. Close enough of a ball park to not make much of a difference though. I would stick with my previous suggestions above as that may be an issue for you. Downloading the files with the transfer tool earlier they were getting deleted by my anti-virus so I had to completely turn it all off for the installation.
You might be right. I had a "Trojan" alert when launching the REX installer. And the Eset anti-virus deleted a REX DLL.
I did not turned it off but added the REX sub-directory to the exception list. Maybe not sufficient.
I will retry with the Eset turned off.

By the way, I noticed there is no runway/parking textures editor in Sky Force 3D. Does that mean REX Essential O/D is still usable, (provided REX Essential O/D weather engine is deactivated).
Thanks everybody.

G.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

REX Essential is still usable since you are still on FSX. Skyforce does not have any type of runway or scenery textures. I suspect that is what their next product Environment Force is supposed to be about. Norton gave me the same alert about the file being a virus as well. I tried restoring it, but I think it messed the file up so I did a complete redownload. When installing I think it might also mess with the installer process so best just to turn it off altogether. Is what I did during the download and install of the 32 bit version for FSX yesterday and it worked like a charm.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Anti-virus was the culprit... It works fine. Thanks!
But I don't see noticable differences compared with the combo REX Essential/ASN. Maybe more detailed clouds, but it's not that important.
Best.

G.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”