Subjective Question

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

Subjective Question

Post by crippy »

Hey all! After my complete fail last night with the Conni you can read more about it in the comments of this thread:http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=63034 I have decided to mainly focus on GA flying.
I though I would experiment with larger Prop liners and then maybe tube liners but ... nahh. So many differences such as workload SIDS / STARS so many frequencies, aircraft quirks.... I guess I am the type of person who if I cross-country, I know every single frequency in advanced and when ATC will switch me :)

Anyway I own the 182 Cherokee and Comanche (and others). I am debating getting the 172 or not. It obviously looks very good, I like the idea of having a "better" night time flying aircraft compared to the Cherokee's cockpit lighting (Not a2a's work just the real world panel lighting) since that is usually when I get to go flying.
I'm a bit worried though of buying it and then having to juggle then 5 planes in P3Dv4.....

Have any of you gone from the Cherokee or 182 to the 172? What did you think?

I'm also debating if I should wait in anticipation of A2A's next release or not as well.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Subjective Question

Post by Medtner »

You’ll love the 172. I’ve been flying all the Accusim planes, much! But, as I said in my big emergency post, I’m back in the 172 and couldn’t be happier. It’s not complex, but it is so nice to fly in, and will give you time to process scenery and flight planning/ATC.

One of the great thing with A2A’s expanding GA-fleet is that you can get intimately familiar with different planes, learn their quirks and have different views on flying. Low wing VS high wing is one aspect, both in terms of view outide, but also flight dynamics, trimming to different power settings for example. But also the difference in performance with the little 172 vs. the big 6’ in the 182.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I am firmly in the Comanche camp as that sets you up for complex aircraft further down the line. I do not have the 172 but imagine it just being a smaller slower version of the 182 I have. The 182 is a good plane as well if you are looking at the high wing. I like the Cherokee as well. They are all nice planes and really don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Best thing you probably could do is watch videos of the different planes and see which one would suit you best.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

heyho!
I absolutely love the c182, have it since release and i am about to hit the 1000hrs on the hobbs (all flown by myself from 00:00)(Freak).
Had the C172 before and didn't like that it was not equipped with an HSI. I liked it very much, but that, and the constant speed prop were good arguments to get the 182. I'd say you won't be disappointed by the C172, because spotting allt the small and sometimes large differences is a real joy. Also you'll quickly find your way through the cockpit coming from the Skylane (and any other SEP Cessna).

However, if you go with any a2a bird, you're on the safe side, no matter which one you get.

greetings,
max
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

It's very like the real world 172 (an aircraft I must admit I don't like) but it might be a step backwards for you. I would wait and see what the mystery bird turns out to be.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

I own all the GA A2A planes. And I fly and love all of them in their way. Do you want a "rustik" flying experience? Cherokee. Something simple but modern? C172. Some advanced flying? Comanche or C182. And when I want something with history I pick up the Texan. That's the joy of variety.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Of all the GA's I admit I fly the 172 the least. I find the interior a little bland. This isn't the fault of A2A...the bland interior is true to real life 2000s era 172s. However there are many fantastic interior repaints done by members here which will liven it up. I like the vintage 70s interiors...they bring back memories of the ratty old rental/flight school 172s I used to fly. That being said the A2A 172 is is an excellent example of a early 2000s type.

I think you have to ask what kind of flying you like to do. Do you like Long Cross country, short hops, sight seeing, skills practice, or whatever. Each plane might be better suited for particular task. The 172 for example is an excellent platform for skills practice...just like the real one.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”