Issues with sunlight cast in P3D v4

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Issues with sunlight cast in P3D v4

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Hi, just made the switch from FSX-SE to P3D v4 and overall very impressed. Have some stutter issues that I am working on but feels a much smoother more realistic training tool.

I know some very clever people frequent this forum and hoped someone might be able to help me out on a graphics issue.

I did a dawn flight in the Comanche for first time in P3D and noticed that as I looked around from dead ahead to left for example, the sunlight changes abruptly as it flicks off/flicks on depending on what angle the view is at. I am talking about the golden sunlight cast on the engine cowling, cockpit combing and the ground.

I am using PTA, ASCA, ENVTEX, and Chaseplane with TrackIR.

I cannot find much about this issue so any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Issues with sunlight cast in P3D v4

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

It might be a trivial question, but have you checked if you need a graphic driver update? Sometimes it might be the solution. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

It might be a trivial question, but have you checked if you need a graphic driver update? Sometimes it might be the solution. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Hi Will, yes using latest.

Sunjunkiesi
Airman

Post by Sunjunkiesi »

This is a known issue in P3D.

Not sure about posting links to other forums, but if I am allowed to by a mod, I will link the forum entry on the Prepar3d forums.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

It's always been that way for me as well, just figured it was another glitch with my 1060 card. Glad they got the Ultra Water issue fixed with this latest update (I now have waves!), so there's always hope for this one as well.

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

Question is now, does it work with the latest newest PREPAR 3D V.4 Update ?????

Flight Simmers are reporting lots of "ISSUES" with the newest PREPAR3D V.4 Update

and it clearly appears that LM / Lockheed Martin Prepar 3D , released the new update to the general public 1st,,, before sending the update to Developers to update their software for their customers / users .

See & Read thru my many posts on Simviation here as I investigate all this , insane, crazy , absurd, ridiculous BS, Flight Simmers are being subjected to, only to LOSE valuable good nice quality Aircraft & Scenery and other Flight Sim utilities as well.

I Post this LINK as a reference and knowledge point, to help those out who need to know !

Read thru the latest I've discovered and uncovered and posted on SIMVIATION for all Flight Simmers !!!

https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 8&t=178320

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

Hey', I still use my ol' TRUSTY FSX GOLD / BOXED Acceleration edition !!!

Imagine that !!

yet my DESK TOP Computer Tower is severely Amped up to handle what I want to do with FSX !!

I've re'installed FSX Gold / Acceleration the last 2 months and re'organized everything I had in it and cleaned out a bunch of old 2004 stuff that were mainly stupid port-overs from fs/2002 somebody tried to get to work, they look awful and flew like a Dog Turd !!

Now everything is mostly Genuine 99% FSX and well organized like never before !!!

and I do mean better organized too !!

NO MORE Scenery folders & files just jammed in anywhere that'd work no more !!

I slightly restructured my main FSX Folder directory and every single little thing now has its own place and correctly & properly named accordingly !!!!

NO MORE absurd folder name titles from some developer who just named the folders whatever,,,,,,,,,,

ALL, every single one of my ADD ON' Scenery Folders now start with the title of the AIRPORT ICAO 1st then the name of the airport and city, country and at the ends of the title rather its FREEWARE or PAYWARE, by adding these
FW
PW

Then I know 6 months to a year down the road what it was, cause I'll forget, I'm getting OLD guys !!!

Heres How I have ALL my ADD ON Scenery listed and titled in my FSX GOLD / ACCELERATION old boxed edition !

I have over 375 Add On Airports

and close to 3,300 Add On Aircraft and paint schemes too, tho Ikeep majority of those in my EXTERNAL HANGER / Separate Hard Drive Back Up / portable.

I refer to it as my SIM HANGER , which is my YOU TUBE channel name too !!

and the hanger will fit in my pocket too :) !!

Heres a Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHU5jP-hSbc

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

DRIVE Z UTILITY WILL COPY all any FOLDERS and or Files in any directory you set it up to copy.

I set it up to read & copy ALL the FOLDER names in my ADD ON scenery section in FSX

I then copied those folder names into a Readable Text file / CFG File so months years from now I'll know what I got and had.

I put information in the TEXT Read me file as to rather the airport has hangers or not.

Also helps me to better organize where I wanna FLY to and choices.

DRIVE D freeware utility

""# 9 down on the list"" to copy all your FOLDER and or File names , you select the directory !

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/print-all-f ... printer/2/

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Yes indeed, having posted on the official P3D forum, it transpires this is a known problem and the official advice was to turn off cloud shadows. This fixes the issue for me but I did like those cloud shadows!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”