Odd behavior after re-install

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Odd behavior after re-install

Post by wblackret »

After basically rebuilding everything on my desktop (minus my hardware) when I run FSX-SE and try using any of my A2A aircraft, I've noticed some odd behavior. The aircraft all run and look great, actually better than before. What's odd is, anytime I open one of the panels ( shift-3 through shift-8), the font is askew, kind of blurry so to speak. I've never experienced this before. Any suggestions or ideas.

Windows 10, FSX-SE, ASN, REX 4, ORBX base/vector and some of their add on sceneries, i7-950, MSI GTX 750ti. CH PRO yoke and pedals. Not using Nvidia Inspector yet. Other than that, all is as was before on my setup.

Sim runs smooth, add on aircraft and scenery look better than before.
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Odd behavior after re-install

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Check your sim resolution and that its in tune to your native monitor res.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Something else to check is the 'ClearType' text settings in Windows. This thread has a little more info:

Font problem on maintenance hangar.

It's also worth bearing in mind that NVIDIA FXAA antialiasing will affect the appearance of the fonts on screen.

Cheers,
Nick

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Post by wblackret »

Nick and Lewis, thank you for your replies. I did fiddle with the true type settings and actually it may have been that combined with the settings on my 32 inch tv I am using. There are several settings, "Standard, Game, Eco, and Expert". It was set on game, not sure why or if I had ever set it there. Setting it to standard and testing contrast and sharpness settings seems to have brought the font in a bit clearer (readable), at least useable now. I check some of the others out, but it appears that is the culprit.

Thanks again guys!
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”