I came home from an amazing adventure...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Junkman00
Airman

Re: I came home from an amazing adventure...

Post by Junkman00 »

Max,
Congrats on your new flying job!! It has been fun following you on whats app. Your pics look much better in this format. Keep up the great flying and keep your pics coming my way.
I hope you stay warm or spring weather brings better weather.
Phil
Junkman00

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

Thank's everyone, I am glad you all enjoyed the thread.
I like it very much here in LKKT. Beer is cheap, bacon also, what do you want more?

Gypsy, why don't you come again to klatovy? I'll get you strapped into a chute and drop you right above some café, where they have Raspberry with vanilla icecream?

CAPFlyer: It is very quiet with 5blades propellers. 67dB, that's even alright with the GERMAN authorities. The problem we have is: that when people hear an aircraft and they look up, they'll immeadiately see a pink bird. Somehow stuff gets louder once people see it. Because people see it that quickly they think it is very low and then complain.

Tomorrow is my final checkride!! 8)
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

MaxZ wrote:CAPFlyer: It is very quiet with 5blades propellers. 67dB, that's even alright with the GERMAN authorities. The problem we have is: that when people hear an aircraft and they look up, they'll immeadiately see a pink bird. Somehow stuff gets louder once people see it. Because people see it that quickly they think it is very low and then complain.
It is not unheard of to get complaints from gliders in Europe. :mrgreen:

-Esa

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: yes, people are easily stressed out by any aircraft they hear. The ones I like best, are thos who buy cheap land on short final of any runway and then complain that it is very noisy there. Suckers.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Glad to hear they make a big difference.

As for the noise complaints - there was one lady in Denver who actually bought a professional decimeter after Denver International opened and would call in any time a plane violated the allowable decibel levels for her area. It annoyed the Operations people, but at least they knew when she called that she wasn't just doing it "just because".

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

CAPFlyer wrote:Glad to hear they make a big difference.

As for the noise complaints - there was one lady in Denver who actually bought a professional decimeter after Denver International opened and would call in any time a plane violated the allowable decibel levels for her area. It annoyed the Operations people, but at least they knew when she called that she wasn't just doing it "just because".
Is that for sale? I know some people are in the market for an extra decimeter, at least based on the advertisement in my spam folder..... :-P

(sorry, couldn't resist ;-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

HighBypass
Airman First Class

Post by HighBypass »

MaxZ wrote:.... yes, people are easily stressed out by any aircraft they hear. ....
I get more stressed by aircraft which are making a noise.... and then suddenly do not... :shock: :lol:

I once phoned the local air traffic one evening - a pair of fast jets went roaring down the lowland next to the village I live in. It was dark so all I could see were the nav lights and the green glows from the cockpits, they were not exactly hanging around, no burners lit though - shame! Turns out, after checking with the RAF, it was a couple of Jaguars on a training excercise from Leeming IIRC. I was joking with the chaps on the phone that I was not ringing up to complain, I'm a bit of an aviation geek and was curious to find out what they were. I asked if a message could be passed on to the crews:-

1. They weren't going fast enough.
2. They weren't going low enough.
and
3. They didn't let me know they were coming.

8)
JET NOISE - THE SOUND OF FREEDOM!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

HighBypass wrote:JET NOISE - THE SOUND OF FREEDOM!
Nah...more than that, got to love the... sound of oppressed gulags. :mrgreen: The sound from big ex-Soviet turboprops is really head-turning! Video does no justice.

Around here one sees - and in particular: hears! - these things still relatively often. Reminds me of the days when I was a little boy, when most airplanes were still allowed to sound like they are supposed to. :)

-Esa

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

I am also a simple man, I hear something flying -> I LIKE IT!

HighBypass
Airman First Class

Post by HighBypass »

AKar wrote:...when most airplanes were still allowed to sound like they are supposed to. :)
Haha! I love that comment. 8)

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

To think you can't land worth s**t in FS! :D
Great stuff Max.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

Thank you guys again for the very positive feedback I have received from you. Here is another little update on the start of my career:

Two weeks ago we flew in LOWZ (Zell am See, Austria) and on Easter weekend we were in Rothenburg ob der Tauber for some diver driving.
Rotation @74kt. Fully loaded with 24 paras, LOWZ is a very critical place for takeoff.
A friend of mine took those pictures of me taking off and climbing into a stunning sunset in the Austrian alps.
Aaaaaah finally! The descent is always the best part. 173kias, -15° pitch, -5000fpm.

Next up will be another adventure, this time solo in a R182RG: LKKT-LOGI-LOLW-LOGG-EGPF-LKKT (Klatovy-Trieben-Wels-Punitz-Glasgow-Klatovy).
Anybody here who has some tips to fly to Scotland? I guess it is time to get the A2A C182 out and running. :D :D :D

Cheers,
Maximilian

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”