ORBX Anniversary Sale

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: ORBX Anniversary Sale

Post by Medtner »

gnocgnoc wrote:Hi,

I’m essentially practicing visual flight without any radio guidance when possible. No GPS at all.
I preprate and execute my flights the old way with some dead reckoning. I use sectional charts, plotter and E6B emulators and I fly over photorealistic sceneries (currently I use MegaSceneryEarth). I know ORBX sceneries are nicer at low level but are they accurate enough to be « flown by the charts » ?

Maybe someone could advise me on that point.
This is basically how I fly too, and I only use Orbx sceneries. No problem at all.
Just make sure you’re not plotting to find “that particular yellow house”, as Orbx is landclass based. But all major landmarks are there. I even navigate from slight contour lines, and that works very well too.

GPS is boring and I don’t get to learn anything. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Ok thank you very much. I've just realize that few demos are availble at ORBX website . I'll have try at the FTX Global Iceland Demo. Let's see how it looks and if my system will support it... ;-) :wink:
Marc

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Has anybody used the P3D v4 AI Traffic for Australia and New Zealand? Just wondering what kind of frame rate hit to expect from the traffic if I decide to buy Australia and the NZ North and South Islands in the next sale.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”